An experts opinion on the Cosmo rooms? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

An experts opinion on the Cosmo rooms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An experts opinion on the Cosmo rooms?

Hi,

We are looking to book a room at the cosmo for 4 nights in July.

We are going to use the Marriots LNF discount to get the best price.

I was wondering what you guys thought the best idea is.

Do we book the City room (cheapest, 2 bed, no balcony) for $855 and try and sandwich $50 at check in for an upgrade.

Or don't take the risk, and book a 2 bed studio with terrace for $1079.

thoughts?

YOLO....

why not take the risk... Its vegas after all.

Comment

haha, good point.

could be the first gamble of the holiday!

Comment

What size sandwich would you suggest to get an upgrade from city room to a 2 bed terrace?

Comment

Go a $50

Comment

also, i think Marriot.com charge your credit card in full when you book, including resort fees. Does this mean its not possible for them to waive resort fees when you check in because they would have already been paid for?

Comment

what if....

we booked the more expensive room (2 Queen bed terrace) AND THEN sandwiched a $50. what sort of upgrade would we get then?

I appreciate this is just speculation, but just wondering what you thought?

Comment

If you absolutely need two queen beds, the 2-queen terrace studio is the best you're going to get below the 2-bedroom city suites (those come with a king and two queens). Those are quite a bit more, and there aren't very many of them, so I doubt a $50 sandwich will get you there.

Comment

cheers Chali.

So maybe a $50 sandwich will get us better views or something? might not be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
                    cheers Chali.

So maybe a $50 sandwich will get us better views or something? might not be worth it.
                    Ask for the Terrace suite or wraparound.. you can just try $20.. if you use $50, ask for them to waive the resort fees too lol.

Comment

I booked a City Room 2 queen beds for two nights hoping that a $50 sandwich would get me a free upgrade to a terrace studio with a good view. They told me at check-in that they didn't have any complimentary upgrades, but for $50+tax a night, I could upgrade to a terrace studio. I went with the paid upgrade. Got a room on the the 42nd floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains, can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by adn232 View Post
                        I booked a City Room 2 queen beds for two nights hoping that a $50 sandwich would get me a free upgrade to a terrace studio with a good view. They told me at check-in that they didn't have any complimentary upgrades, but for $50+tax a night, I could upgrade to a terrace studio. I went with the paid upgrade. Got a room on the the 42nd floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains, can't complain.
                        Thanks for the info, How long ago was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyf510 View Post
                          Ask for the Terrace suite or wraparound.. you can just try $20.. if you use $50, ask for them to waive the resort fees too lol.
                          we need 2 queen beds tho! so i think the 2 bed studio terrace is our safest option

Comment

we decided to pay the extra and book the 2 bed studio terrace. it was only and extra $200 approx between us both.

We would have risked a $100 sandwich at check-in, so might as well pay the extra up front and guarantee the better room.

Maybe a $20 sandwich will get us fountain views etc

any idea how we can get the mini bar emptied so we can stock our own alcohol?

Comment

You're smart to have gone with the upgrade. The City Rooms are nothing special and don't even have balconies.
                              Karen
                              Will be at the Cosmo over MDW 2015

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X