Advice for 2 Women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for 2 Women

Hi there! My gf and I are having our annual Girls' trip this September. First time to Vegas and super excited. I have been lurking on here and Trip Advisor to gather as much info as possible. As 2 women do we need to buy pre-sale tickets or should we just try to get on guests lists for clubs to lessen the wait to get in? We are staying at Signature at MGM so thinking we should check out Wet Republic and Hakassan. WE are staying Thursday through Monday.

presale= less hassle / can arrive later
    guestlist= free but have to contact host/ be put on list / wait in line

Are you talking about labor day weekend? Holiday weekends guestlist can be tougher because of demand.

In terms of events
    Thursday- nightclub or ebc@nightswim
    Friday- pool party/nightclub
    Saturday- pool party/nightclub
    Sunday- pool party/nightclub or xs nightswim

pool parties open around 11am with headline dj on around 3pm going till around 6pm
    nightclubs open around 11pm with headline dj on around 1am going till around 5am

also have a look at lineups to get idea on djs compare
    around 20+ nightclubs open on friday/saturday
    xs
    omnia (main room+ heart, terrace)
    hakkasan (main room+ ling ling)
    marquee
    light
    surrender
    tryst
    foxtail
    drais
    tao
    1oak
    hyde
    bank
    chateau
    ghostbar
    luxor nightclub

pool parties:
    encore beach club
    wet republic
    marquee dayclub
    daylight
    foxtail sls
    tao beach
    drais dayclub
    rehab
    palms pool- ditch
    liquid-aria
    venus
    bare

best
    Last edited by artedm; 08-03-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

What weekend in Sept?

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoast View Post
        What weekend in Sept?
        EastCoast - We are coming September 24th through the 28th.

Thanks Art for the advice and list of clubs. Is the pre sale line shorter than the guestlist line? I am trying to figure out if we should plan our nights ahead of time or just go with the flow when we are there. I tend to be the planner but my girlfriend is much more laid back.

Comment

Personally I am not a fan of Hak for general admission or pre sale as I feel it is built for the bottle service crowd and with the weekend you will be there, Hardwell and Tiesto are there Fri and Sat which will probably be packed.

It's tough to say as a guy whether or not to go with the flow. If you want a guaranteed entry by midnight I would go pre sale. Yes you can always get on a promoter's list but in regards to the wait on line, it all depends.
          Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

in terms of planning or going with the flow-
            vegas has more diversions/distractions then anyplace I know of- we are just talking nightclubs/pool parties not mentioning-concerts, cirque du soleil shows, comedy shows, car racing, roller coaster ride, bungee jumping, ferris wheel, strip clubs, grand canyon, helicopter tours, celebrity chefs, etc etc.

also just walking on the strip you will find people offering nightclub passes etc-

worth it to have a rough plan/idea of whats going.
            I would say do Hak,Omnia,XS nightswim and
            wet republic, encore beach

Comment

presale is guaranteed entry
              guestlist usually has a cut off time/might not get in free if late or big crowd

Comment

Will pool party's still be going then? When to they stop?
                If you are social and fun, you'll probably meet guys at a pool that will have a table somewhere. Problem is that you are then kinda stuck with those guys for a bit.
                Pre-sale for $30-$50 is a good idea to give you a guaranteed plan. If you change your mind, it probably won't be the worst thing you wasted $30 all weekend.

Comment

So sounds like if we go when a big name DJ is playing we should do pre-sale tickets if we really want to get in. I am thinking maybe plan one night and then roll the dice and see where we end up the other nights. We were in South Beach 2 years ago. We went to Mansion one night but ended up preferring Mangos every other night.

Comment

This may be a dumb question but is pre-sale tickets the ones through wanttickets.com that are on this site? If you buy these do you go into a different line than general admission?

Comment

Yes and yes. You can buy pre-sales from wanttickets or directly from the clubs site. There is a separate line and it moves much faster. Some clubs seem to do a better job than others, but usuly you wait 15 minutes or less.

Comment

yes, separate line for presale. People have had success with glist but if you're going to a tier 1 on the weekend with a name dj, I'd just get presale. for girls its only 30 usually which isn't that bad. I'd plan presale for all day clubs and then 1 night club you want to go to. all other nights you could leave open to meeting up with guys that have BS, going to a different club, etc.
                        2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X