1Oak 5/29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Oak 5/29

Anyone have a host contact for 1Oak? Going to be there this Friday May 29. 3 guys 3 girls. Also do they still do bottle deals? Thanks

Originally posted by mbb14 View Post
    Anyone have a host contact for 1Oak? Going to be there this Friday May 29. 3 guys 3 girls. Also do they still do bottle deals? Thanks
    Any reason why u want to go to 1OAK? They have deals at Drais that are good

Comment

If Drais has deals we wouldn't be opposed to going there. Do you know what the deals are and a contact? Thanks

Comment

1oak is awful.

Comment

1OAK used to be solid, what's happened in the past year that makes you say that?

Comment

typo

As far as Drais, on Friday you can probably do 2 goose for $900.
            Ivan Bastida is my go to contact. 702-884-7980

Comment

You can find a club like 1Oak in almost every big city in the country. How anyone can compare it to Drais is beyond me.

Originally posted by MikeK32 View Post
              1OAK used to be solid, what's happened in the past year that makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                You can find a club like 1Oak in almost every big city in the country. How anyone can compare it to Drais is beyond me.
                When did someone in this thread compare it to Drais?

The additional context you added - that its similar to clubs found in other major cities - I think is very helpful to someone who might not be familiar with the club and helps give them a better understanding when making their decision. And also that being similar to the type of clubs found in other big cities doesnt inherently make it "awful". My 2 cents!

Comment

1OAK used to get a lot of love on this forum until 12-18 months ago when people stopped talking about it. Frankly I assumed the club had dropped off in quality simply because of the lack of chatter.

I think a lot of the posters from 12-18 months ago are not actively posting on this forum and we have a new breed of active poster that is enamored with the mega clubs and/or the new clubs. I don't blame the new breed of poster. I love XS and Hakk and these days have no interest in the tier 2 clubs. But back in the day (way back in 2013 . . .) my group would always hit up a tier 2 club, throw down the same amount of cash it would take to get an inside table at a tier 1 club, and be the kings of the tier 2 club that night. My two best club experiences are prime dance floor tables at Surrender and 1OAK (location, security, host, etc. all combined made the experience awesome). Or we would hit a tier 2 on our first night when the whole group had not arrived to keep costs down but still have a good time. In short there are many reasons to go to a tier 2 club.

So many personal facts impacts a poster's perspective. Is the poster single? A married poster attending a club with his wife will have a completely different perspective than a single poster out to meet girls.

With all that rambling out of the way, to the OP, don't assume because a couple of posters say a club sucks that the club sucks. Those posters may have a completely different perspective than you.

That being said, unless you are a Vegas regular or you are looking for a specific type of music, go to Drais if you are looking for a bottle deal. Beautiful new club. Your girl will be wowed.

Comment

I'm from central Cali (Fresno area) and lemme tell ya; the lowest tier club in Vegas STILL blows anything here out of the water! So like EastCoast says, the total experience is dependent on the consumers needs and situation

Comment

On a friday night you more then 20+ nightclub choices in vegas

xs
                      omnia (main room+ heart, terrace)
                      hakkasan (main room+ ling ling)
                      marquee
                      light
                      life
                      surrender
                      tryst
                      drais
                      tao
                      1oak
                      hyde
                      bank
                      body english
                      chateau
                      ghostbar
                      luxor nightclub

Comment

I've been to 1Oak a half dozen times, you will have a good time, but it's not a very good spot. Layout is boring, girls are average to rough, it's in an awful hotel. There are 5-7 better venues on a Friday or Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                          I've been to 1Oak a half dozen times, you will have a good time, but it's not a very good spot. Layout is boring, girls are average to rough, it's in an awful hotel. There are 5-7 better venues on a Friday or Saturday night.
                          Love the Mirage. Maybe it's because I'm older and have hit every club and seen every DJ in a club and festival setting but the same rotation in Vegas has gotten old fast. I have zero desire to see Tiesto, Calvin, Zedd, Guetta, Avicii in a club packed in like a sardine ever again. I personally absolutely love Tao more than any other club in Vegas even though it's ancient by Vegas standards. The 5-7 better venues is laughable.
                          Last edited by irishvic; 05-28-2015, 01:34 PM.
                          Venetian 2007
                          Palazzo 2008
                          Mirage, Encore 2009
                          Wynn, Vdara 2010
                          Palms Place, Mirage 2011
                          Aria, Vdara 2012
                          MGM Grand 2013
                          Mirage 2014
                          Palazzo, Cosmopolitan, Aria 2015

Comment

We were all going to 1Oak because they were giving B1G1s with prime locations on Fri and Sat. Which is usually a sign of how the club is doing. At some point they changed managers, and they tightened up on the deals. There wasnt much of reason to go after that.
                            Blackout Artist
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by irishvic View Post
                              Love the Mirage. Maybe it's because I'm older and have hit every club and seen every DJ in a club and festival setting but the same rotation in Vegas has gotten old fast. I have zero desire to see Tiesto, Calvin, Zedd, Guetta, Avicii in a club packed in like a sardine ever again. I personally absolutely love Tao more than any other club in Vegas even though it's ancient by Vegas standards. The 5-7 better venues is laughable.
                              All depends on what you are looking for out of a club. I think most people on these forums are looking for the place with the best crowd (aka hottest women/best ratio), strong production value, and a DJ whose music they know. If those aren't your thing, then 1OAK/Tao are way better places than anything you would find in your own hometown. That said, I think most people would easily find 5-7 places that are better options when you consider the average Vegas visitor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• smlaude
                                Reply to TAO Beach rules etc
                                smlaude
                                I think spray is always good. But liquid they have issues with. Could be wrong too as I stopped bringing it in and just get burnt on purpose now : )
                                04-21-2024, 08:09 PM
                              • BarrelO
                                BarrelO
                                I can't speak to the other stuff, but I've never had an issue with bringing sunscreen into Tao Beach or any other dayclub.
                                04-21-2024, 02:36 PM
                              • ryan850
                                ryan850
                                good to know. I haven't been to lv in a minute and seems like things have gotten more tight in terms of what you can bring in.

btw, anyone...
                                04-18-2024, 03:10 PM
                              Working...
                              X