Originally posted by Kinar100
View Post
RNB and Hip Hop clubs
Collapse
X
-
I live in NYC and all the clubs here are similar. If a DJ starts playing HipHop then the club just became "Ratchet" EDM is good for semi-grooving but mostly looking "hot" and "being seen" Isn't it ironic that EDM DJ's bring more talent, charge more, and jack up minimums compared to HipHop DJs, even though most people dance more and SEEM to have a better time with HipHop? That being said I personally enjoy EDM more lol
-
Thanks for sharing!
Very good feedback!!
Originally posted by Kinar100 View PostI was at LIGHT this past weekend for both Baauer friday and Alesso saturday.
Two COMPLETELY different vibes.
I had a girl with me friday that is more in to hip hop but doesnt mind EDM. I knew Baauer was gonna drop some destruction and that she would love it. 100% spot on. Best night of my life. Pretty sure I fell in love and if we hadn't passed out in my car I might have married her.
Saturday everyone was just jumping around like crazy and fist bumping for Alesso lol. Minimal grinding and more kind of reaching for the sky. People were singing to each other, hugging and just generally more social.
Comment
-
For sure. But just wait until you hear trap. It has the energy of EDM (and most people are being pumped by some kind of redbull for the mind) but the main beat of hip hop. There aren't as many vocals but the rhythm changes a lot which makes it more bearable than 4-6 hours of straight hip-hop.Originally posted by WC_racer View PostHipHop/Rap at the club >EDM. Just new age Techno/Trance/Bass/Drum/house all mixed into one.
I am almost purely an EDM person (i love fist bumping and hopping around like crazy burning dem calories) but trap is the best medium i've found for my friends. Good mix of both.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0FH6-a17w
^"The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"
Go BIG then go HOME
Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic
July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video
Comment
-
Yea. Friday I didn't have to move and she did all the moving (which saved my legs for the saturday fist bump marathon for alesso).Originally posted by swbtgiants View PostI live in NYC and all the clubs here are similar. If a DJ starts playing HipHop then the club just became "Ratchet" EDM is good for semi-grooving but mostly looking "hot" and "being seen" Isn't it ironic that EDM DJ's bring more talent, charge more, and jack up minimums compared to HipHop DJs, even though most people dance more and SEEM to have a better time with HipHop? That being said I personally enjoy EDM more lol"The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"
Go BIG then go HOME
Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic
July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video
Comment
-
I will check it out. Usually if one the the EDM aritist does a mix with a hiphop artist, I tend to like it. But I've never really gotten into the music. A few DJs are okay (Skrillex, Avicii, Calvin Harris) and a few songs from the other guys are that usally on the radio. To me, you really can't dance to it or with someone besides fist pumping and jumping up and down, and if that were the case I would just get in a mosh pit, lol. But that's just my opinion.Originally posted by Kinar100 View PostFor sure. But just wait until you hear trap. It has the energy of EDM (and most people are being pumped by some kind of redbull for the mind) but the main beat of hip hop. There aren't as many vocals but the rhythm changes a lot which makes it more bearable than 4-6 hours of straight hip-hop.
I am almost purely an EDM person (i love fist bumping and hopping around like crazy burning dem calories) but trap is the best medium i've found for my friends. Good mix of both.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0FH6-a17w
^
Comment
-
^^^ And this is why Diplo is probably my favorite DJ. Somehow he can transition back and forth, he even will throw in some reggae and other more unique formats. By going back and forth and changing tempos and styles, it's never boring. I don't respect a lot of the big EDM DJs cuz everything is about the same tempo and in the same style, anyone can do what they do. But Diplo, I can tell he is an actual DJ and not just a button pusher.Originally posted by ArmyVegas View PostGood Point. I think a club with a mix would be good. Like a mix of EDM and HipHop....Sprinkle that EDM over the HipHop and you have a good, energetic, dancing crowd.Isaac Kaz Curry
Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
Facebook: kaztheaviator
Comment
-
And this is why Diplo brings in all the girls who get super horny... lol...Originally posted by kazflair View Post^^^ And this is why Diplo is probably my favorite DJ. Somehow he can transition back and forth, he even will throw in some reggae and other more unique formats. By going back and forth and changing tempos and styles, it's never boring. I don't respect a lot of the big EDM DJs cuz everything is about the same tempo and in the same style, anyone can do what they do. But Diplo, I can tell he is an actual DJ and not just a button pusher.
Diplo will always be my common denominator.... He provides the best community service for men.
Comment
-
lolOriginally posted by ausvip View Postand this is why diplo brings in all the girls who get super horny... Lol...
Diplo will always be my common denominator.... He provides the best community service for men.2011 Bellagio
2012 MGM
2013 July 19-22 Cosmopolitan
July needs to get here quick!
Comment
Latest Topics
Collapse
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Comment