RNB and Hip Hop clubs - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

RNB and Hip Hop clubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kinar100 View Post
    I was at LIGHT this past weekend for both Baauer friday and Alesso saturday.

    Two COMPLETELY different vibes.

    I had a girl with me friday that is more in to hip hop but doesnt mind EDM. I knew Baauer was gonna drop some destruction and that she would love it. 100% spot on. Best night of my life. Pretty sure I fell in love and if we hadn't passed out in my car I might have married her.

    Saturday everyone was just jumping around like crazy and fist bumping for Alesso lol. Minimal grinding and more kind of reaching for the sky. People were singing to each other, hugging and just generally more social.
    I live in NYC and all the clubs here are similar. If a DJ starts playing HipHop then the club just became "Ratchet" EDM is good for semi-grooving but mostly looking "hot" and "being seen" Isn't it ironic that EDM DJ's bring more talent, charge more, and jack up minimums compared to HipHop DJs, even though most people dance more and SEEM to have a better time with HipHop? That being said I personally enjoy EDM more lol

    Comment


    • #17
      Hip Hop, or what passes for it now, bores the F out of me in a club. It's usually the same damn song that are on the radio.
      Vegas trips

      Too many to list

      Next Trips
      mAyOD 5/16-5/22
      Late Summer July-August

      Comment


      • #18
        Thanks for sharing!
        Very good feedback!!

        Originally posted by Kinar100 View Post
        I was at LIGHT this past weekend for both Baauer friday and Alesso saturday.

        Two COMPLETELY different vibes.

        I had a girl with me friday that is more in to hip hop but doesnt mind EDM. I knew Baauer was gonna drop some destruction and that she would love it. 100% spot on. Best night of my life. Pretty sure I fell in love and if we hadn't passed out in my car I might have married her.

        Saturday everyone was just jumping around like crazy and fist bumping for Alesso lol. Minimal grinding and more kind of reaching for the sky. People were singing to each other, hugging and just generally more social.

        Comment


        • #19
          HipHop/Rap at the club >EDM. Just new age Techno/Trance/Bass/Drum/house all mixed into one.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by WC_racer View Post
            HipHop/Rap at the club >EDM. Just new age Techno/Trance/Bass/Drum/house all mixed into one.
            For sure. But just wait until you hear trap. It has the energy of EDM (and most people are being pumped by some kind of redbull for the mind) but the main beat of hip hop. There aren't as many vocals but the rhythm changes a lot which makes it more bearable than 4-6 hours of straight hip-hop.

            I am almost purely an EDM person (i love fist bumping and hopping around like crazy burning dem calories) but trap is the best medium i've found for my friends. Good mix of both.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0FH6-a17w

            ^
            "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

            Go BIG then go HOME

            Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

            July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
            June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
            November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
            July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
            March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by swbtgiants View Post
              I live in NYC and all the clubs here are similar. If a DJ starts playing HipHop then the club just became "Ratchet" EDM is good for semi-grooving but mostly looking "hot" and "being seen" Isn't it ironic that EDM DJ's bring more talent, charge more, and jack up minimums compared to HipHop DJs, even though most people dance more and SEEM to have a better time with HipHop? That being said I personally enjoy EDM more lol
              Yea. Friday I didn't have to move and she did all the moving (which saved my legs for the saturday fist bump marathon for alesso).
              "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

              Go BIG then go HOME

              Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

              July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
              June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
              November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
              July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
              March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kinar100 View Post
                For sure. But just wait until you hear trap. It has the energy of EDM (and most people are being pumped by some kind of redbull for the mind) but the main beat of hip hop. There aren't as many vocals but the rhythm changes a lot which makes it more bearable than 4-6 hours of straight hip-hop.

                I am almost purely an EDM person (i love fist bumping and hopping around like crazy burning dem calories) but trap is the best medium i've found for my friends. Good mix of both.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0FH6-a17w

                ^
                I will check it out. Usually if one the the EDM aritist does a mix with a hiphop artist, I tend to like it. But I've never really gotten into the music. A few DJs are okay (Skrillex, Avicii, Calvin Harris) and a few songs from the other guys are that usally on the radio. To me, you really can't dance to it or with someone besides fist pumping and jumping up and down, and if that were the case I would just get in a mosh pit, lol. But that's just my opinion.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Trap is the gateway drug to electronic dance music for hip hop fans.
                  Vegas trips

                  Too many to list

                  Next Trips
                  mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                  Late Summer July-August

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ccc View Post
                    Trap is the gateway drug to electronic dance music for hip hop fans.
                    Haha, I said the samething for a few Skrillex songs that got me to like a few of them.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I don't listen to a lot of EDM at home, but in Vegas I like it. It's the vibe, the crowd, the atmosphere that makes it better, in my opinion.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ArmyVegas View Post
                        Good Point. I think a club with a mix would be good. Like a mix of EDM and HipHop....Sprinkle that EDM over the HipHop and you have a good, energetic, dancing crowd.
                        ^^^ And this is why Diplo is probably my favorite DJ. Somehow he can transition back and forth, he even will throw in some reggae and other more unique formats. By going back and forth and changing tempos and styles, it's never boring. I don't respect a lot of the big EDM DJs cuz everything is about the same tempo and in the same style, anyone can do what they do. But Diplo, I can tell he is an actual DJ and not just a button pusher.
                        Isaac Kaz Curry
                        Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
                        Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
                        Facebook: kaztheaviator

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by kazflair View Post
                          ^^^ And this is why Diplo is probably my favorite DJ. Somehow he can transition back and forth, he even will throw in some reggae and other more unique formats. By going back and forth and changing tempos and styles, it's never boring. I don't respect a lot of the big EDM DJs cuz everything is about the same tempo and in the same style, anyone can do what they do. But Diplo, I can tell he is an actual DJ and not just a button pusher.
                          And this is why Diplo brings in all the girls who get super horny... lol...

                          Diplo will always be my common denominator.... He provides the best community service for men.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ausvip View Post
                            and this is why diplo brings in all the girls who get super horny... Lol...

                            Diplo will always be my common denominator.... He provides the best community service for men.
                            lol
                            2011 Bellagio
                            2012 MGM
                            2013 July 19-22 Cosmopolitan
                            July needs to get here quick!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Is it Trap that they play at Bank on Sundays?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jkay View Post
                                Is it Trap that they play at Bank on Sundays?
                                Depends on the DJ. Most hip hop DJ's are playing at least a little trap these days.
                                Vegas trips

                                Too many to list

                                Next Trips
                                mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                                Late Summer July-August

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Working...
                                X