KAOS is dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wowzers83 View Post

If this is true thats why they ended it like they did. It was just hanging on enough to keep going and take the risk with the dome until they witnessed the spike in gaming.......take a loss on it and hope hak group will take it over again. win win lol

If there has been no spike in gaming, there is no reason to believe such spike would materialize in the future.
    And hope is not a business plan: hard to believe Hakkasan would take over such a large venue - at least not with its current cost structure.

Comment

I would think it's a very simple formula to keep a club afloat.
      1. Make it affordable. I don't mean cheap, I mean affordable. $10k-$15k for a dance floor table is ridiculous. Cut that in half and the club still makes money. Cut that in half and the tables are full.
      2. Get rid of the "atmosphere women". Guys don't want to spend thousands and then be taken by someone who is there to make the club look full of beautiful women.
      3. You don't need to have big names to make the club experience fun.

Before big name DJ's, we had a blast at Studio 54, Rain, Tangerine, Tryst, and Hyde. Imagine if the had a focus group of regular people who visit Vegas and asked their opinion of what we wanted. I promise you KAOS would have never existed.
      Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by CoachB View Post
        I would think it's a very simple formula to keep a club afloat.
        1. Make it affordable. I don't mean cheap, I mean affordable. $10k-$15k for a dance floor table is ridiculous. Cut that in half and the club still makes money. Cut that in half and the tables are full.
        2. Get rid of the "atmosphere women". Guys don't want to spend thousands and then be taken by someone who is there to make the club look full of beautiful women.
        3. You don't need to have big names to make the club experience fun.

Before big name DJ's, we had a blast at Studio 54, Rain, Tangerine, Tryst, and Hyde. Imagine if the had a focus group of regular people who visit Vegas and asked their opinion of what we wanted. I promise you KAOS would have never existed.
        Just my opinion

chill bro, you're making too much sense hahaha

Comment

If they dont wake up soon there will only be Omnia, XS, and Hak left. Quit making the customers feel like they are being taken advantage of and start making them feel appreciated even if they aren't buying a 10k table.

Comment

"a source close to the situation tells Rolling Stone that it was both the result of an internal investigation into executive management and the realization that the club was not bringing in nearly enough money to cover employee salaries, overhead costs, and Marshmello’s fee. Many employees were promised bonuses that were unable to materialize because so much of the club’s revenue was going to that single DJ fee"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...mpression=true

Comment

The whole sentiment and rationale here of people is great and spot on in my opinion.

+ 1 for busy hotel and busy club
              + 1 shutting down tier 2ss (throw in light into this mix)
              + 1 for evening up balance between demand and supply
              + 1 for phasing out excessive DJ contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by wowzers83 View Post
                I just dont understand, who the hell approves the dome for them to shut down a week later? Is that going to be any use? Palms will never make it. Its not 15 years ago where palms and rehab were the hottest things. Anyone thinking a club off the strip will make it is just nuts. now you have all the hottest things within walking distance or the monorail. Youd have to make it completely different, like full latin or country and stand out. Or maybe skip the dome, keep the costs low, low budget djs and do some crazy table prices, $10 ga for couples, $40 for guys and cheap ass drinks to stress the other joints out. make the damn place free till 12am lol. I bet if you picked up xs right now and put it inside palms it wouldnt make it a year.

Maybe even a place to sit..

Comment

Originally posted by Erock View Post
                  Quit making the customers feel like they are being taken advantage of and start making them feel appreciated even if they aren't buying a 10k table.
                  I think this is the key.

Lowering prices (as others have suggested) is simply not possible beyond a certain point. But customers need to be treated as such. The whole clubbing experience needs to be updated:
                  - Invest in making lines faster instead of deliberately making them slower. People don't like standing in line and (more importantly) people who stand in line don't generate revenue. The core product of clubs is fun. Standing in line is not fun.
                  - Get rid of the whole shady business of table upgrades and handshakes. Make the whole thing transparent.
                  - Establish a no-jerks policy. Set a high bar for courtesy and hospitality of security folks and hosts: monitor them. Fire and replace the ones that act like they own the world. Reward those who meet the standards.
                  - Loyalty: invest in a loyalty program that allows the club to recognize return and frequent clubbers. The whole lifecycle marketing of clubs needs to evolve.
                  - Water. Water is a big source of revenue. While I wouldn't really lower the prices of tables and goods sold, I would make an exception for water. If you can keep customers into the venue longer by enabling affordable water breaks you might make up some of the lost revenue. And helping customers avoid a hangover is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock View Post

I think this is the key.

Lowering prices (as others have suggested) is simply not possible beyond a certain point. But customers need to be treated as such. The whole clubbing experience needs to be updated:
                    - Invest in making lines faster instead of deliberately making them slower. People don't like standing in line and (more importantly) people who stand in line don't generate revenue. The core product of clubs is fun. Standing in line is not fun.
                    - Get rid of the whole shady business of table upgrades and handshakes. Make the whole thing transparent.
                    - Establish a no-jerks policy. Set a high bar for courtesy and hospitality of security folks and hosts: monitor them. Fire and replace the ones that act like they own the world. Reward those who meet the standards.
                    - Loyalty: invest in a loyalty program that allows the club to recognize return and frequent clubbers. The whole lifecycle marketing of clubs needs to evolve.
                    - Water. Water is a big source of revenue. While I wouldn't really lower the prices of tables and goods sold, I would make an exception for water. If you can keep customers into the venue longer by enabling affordable water breaks you might make up some of the lost revenue. And helping customers avoid a hangover is a good thing.

I agree with most of this.. but vegas is a "hand shake" town. Upgrades and handshakes are embedded in the DNA of Vegas... i actually like this part as it raises the level of exclusivity.

I still think that there needs to be a consolidation of venues to keep the ratios right. There was too much supply..

If you had high end talent at a smaller number of venues.. you will be able to get table prices and demand pretty much on point.

Smaller clubs arent profitable any more... but also filling the club with guys doesnt bode well either...

The landscape has changes even from 7 years ago... ratios were better.. overall experience much better too

Comment

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...scene-1887528/

Highlights

- Not sustainable
                      - Experience has now peaked
                      - Existing clubs need to adjust. Fewer nights, less for entertainment more on private events

Comment

Well glad I got to go once lol

Anyway without saying to much, I will put this out there. I have a few friends who worked at Kaos or are higher up in the Palms pecking order. This closure was something that was being predicted early on by staff. The illegal practices that led to over inflated DJ contracts are what ultimately did them in.

But in the end, I also think the writing is on the wall. The trend of mega day and night clubs is peaking or maybe even falling off some. I expect the arms race to stop and the herd to thin. I personally don't enjoy spending thousands a weekend at the over populated spots. I am fine with the Flamingo Go Pool on a weekday or even a dive bar at this point!

To the new era...

Comment

Originally posted by rda1987 View Post
                          Well glad I got to go once lol

I am fine with the Flamingo Go Pool on a weekday or even a dive bar at this point!

To the new era...
                          How is the Flamingo Go Pool during the week.

As a frequent week day visitor its somewhat limited. Wednesday at Liquid is OK.. Tao Beach Thursday is also OK.

Mondays and Tuesdays though... i mean i am not interested in Packed Packed as it doesnt exist.. but more than just a couple of people would be great!

Comment

What vegas needs now is a Old Style nightclub on the strip. No bottle service but with cover that can be bought via tickets.

Get a generic DJ who plays all music genres. Or mix it up. No bottle service just a true early 2000s style club playing 80s, 90s, 2000 music.

A big venue where there is a dress code to keep it nice. I bet you anything it would do well. People still want to dress up and dance.

Yes lots of people want to see so and so DJ. There is also lots of people who just want to go to a club, socialize, dance, drink and party and have fun. They could care less who the DJ is.

Get rid of the tables and just get some basic dj's and sell tickets.

No cost for Big name DJ;s and your ticket/bar sales sales would more than cover security and staff.

I could be wrong but I think this would appeal to a lot of people who visit the city.

Intrigue would be the perfect spot for this. It is already built and in a great strip hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              What vegas needs now is a Old Style nightclub on the strip. No bottle service but with cover that can be bought via tickets.

Get a generic DJ who plays all music genres. Or mix it up. No bottle service just a true early 2000s style club playing 80s, 90s, 2000 music.

A big venue where there is a dress code to keep it nice. I bet you anything it would do well. People still want to dress up and dance.

Yes lots of people want to see so and so DJ. There is also lots of people who just want to go to a club, socialize, dance, drink and party and have fun. They could care less who the DJ is.

Get rid of the tables and just get some basic dj's and sell tickets.

No cost for Big name DJ;s and your ticket/bar sales sales would more than cover security and staff.

I could be wrong but I think this would appeal to a lot of people who visit the city.

Intrigue would be the perfect spot for this. It is already built and in a great strip hotel.
                              This exists.... On the Record at ParkMGM
                              ** Lifestyle Entrepreneur

Comment

On the record still has bottle service and is a mix of different rooms. What I am referring to is a pre Pure 2006 Style vegas clubs, one room, one DJ, dance floor, no tables etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• OneStopShop
                                  OneStopShop
                                  I can hook u guys up on bottle service if ure interested.
                                  04-14-2024, 09:31 AM
                                • OneStopShop
                                  Tao beach hookups?
                                  OneStopShop
                                  Looking for table shares? Last minute Deals? HMU......
                                  04-14-2024, 09:27 AM
                                • OneStopShop
                                  Reply to TAO Beach rules etc
                                  OneStopShop
                                  They have those things in the bathroom. They may let a few of those things in. If it?s not opened. But if not ure gonna have to toss it!
                                  04-14-2024, 09:25 AM
                                Working...
                                X