Good clubs for rap? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Good clubs for rap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vbchica923
    started a topic Good clubs for rap?

    Good clubs for rap?

    As many clubs have opened/closed since the last time I went to clubs in Vegas, I wanted to see if there are any clubs that are really good for rap/hip-hop?

    I personally really dislike house (don't hate me) and try to avoid any club playing it like the plague. I understand that it will likely get mixed in somewhat at every club, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for clubs that played rap/hip-hop more predominantly than others???

    I am going to be there this weekend, so any input would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!

  • redbullvodka
    replied
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post

    Fixed it for you. I'm a big hip hop fan but it's gotten pretty bad these last couple years save for a few artists.

    I still can't handle straight house/EDM/whatever you call it but I can handle more mainstream stuff like

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI
    hmmm..??? i actually meant what i wrote. rap music is old school. there are no rappers anymore. yo mtv raps was cancelled in the 80's. ice cube does sitcoms now. etc. etc. no "rap" clubs in vegas. no one would buy bottles if they played rap. eazy e r.i.p.
    Radio stations in LA, the Bay, and Atlanta would beg to differ on your statement "there are no rappers anymore". So would Kanye, Drake, Weezy, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, TI, Jeezy etc
    haha i'm so out of the loop. i forgot about weezy, jeezy, cheesy... too much vegas house edm stuff on my ipod. anyway, cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cappaccinodagreat
    replied
    Originally posted by vbchica923 View Post
    As many clubs have opened/closed since the last time I went to clubs in Vegas, I wanted to see if there are any clubs that are really good for rap/hip-hop?

    I personally really dislike house (don't hate me) and try to avoid any club playing it like the plague. I understand that it will likely get mixed in somewhat at every club, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for clubs that played rap/hip-hop more predominantly than others???

    I am going to be there this weekend, so any input would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!
    My kinda chick!! Fill me (us) in on your finding after this weekend. Send me a PM if you can, so i dont miss your findings.

    Leave a comment:


  • phillyjare
    replied
    Moon at Palms.
    Last Saturday we had Clinton Sparks kick off his residency and this past Tuesday we had DJ Jazzy Jeff.

    Leave a comment:


  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
    The best rap music is old school
    Fixed it for you. I'm a big hip hop fan but it's gotten pretty bad these last couple years save for a few artists.

    I still can't handle straight house/EDM/whatever you call it but I can handle more mainstream stuff like

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI[/ame]
    hmmm..??? i actually meant what i wrote. rap music is old school. there are no rappers anymore. yo mtv raps was cancelled in the 80's. ice cube does sitcoms now. etc. etc. no "rap" clubs in vegas. no one would buy bottles if they played rap. eazy e r.i.p.
    Radio stations in LA, the Bay, and Atlanta would beg to differ on your statement "there are no rappers anymore". So would Kanye, Drake, Weezy, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, TI, Jeezy etc

    Leave a comment:


  • redbullvodka
    replied
    Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
    Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
    The best rap music is old school
    Fixed it for you. I'm a big hip hop fan but it's gotten pretty bad these last couple years save for a few artists.

    I still can't handle straight house/EDM/whatever you call it but I can handle more mainstream stuff like

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI[/ame]
    hmmm..??? i actually meant what i wrote. rap music is old school. there are no rappers anymore. yo mtv raps was cancelled in the 80's. ice cube does sitcoms now. etc. etc. no "rap" clubs in vegas. no one would buy bottles if they played rap. eazy e r.i.p.
    Last edited by redbullvodka; 05-19-2011, 03:40 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
    The best rap music is old school
    Fixed it for you. I'm a big hip hop fan but it's gotten pretty bad these last couple years save for a few artists.

    I still can't handle straight house/EDM/whatever you call it but I can handle more mainstream stuff like

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI[/ame]

    Leave a comment:


  • redbullvodka
    replied
    Rap music is old school

    Leave a comment:


  • djmasterweb
    replied
    Crown inside the Rio has the only 100% Hip-Hop and R&B nights in a major casino on http://www.facebook.com/CrownFridays and http://www.facebook.com/CrownSaturdays

    This weekend features Baby Bash Friday. Snoop Dogg Saturday.
    Next weekend Kid Capri Friday so far.

    Originally posted by vbchica923 View Post
    As many clubs have opened/closed since the last time I went to clubs in Vegas, I wanted to see if there are any clubs that are really good for rap/hip-hop?

    I personally really dislike house (don't hate me) and try to avoid any club playing it like the plague. I understand that it will likely get mixed in somewhat at every club, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for clubs that played rap/hip-hop more predominantly than others???

    I am going to be there this weekend, so any input would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jackson Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by vbchica923 View Post
    Originally posted by Jackson Vile View Post
    Lil Jon will be at Surrender and YelaWolf will be at Rain Lupe Fiasco at Tao, Lloyd Banks at Jet, etc
    Aww boo...I'm gunna miss Lil Jon, won't be there til the weekend. Dude is hella cool. He used to come into the bar I worked at in ATL all the time.

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been to Tao/Bank but I'll definitely have to check out some of the others.
    Lil Jon performs at Surrender a lot, so might check that out plus what was suggested by the other poster ie Gallery.

    Leave a comment:


  • vbchica923
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackson Vile View Post
    Lil Jon will be at Surrender and YelaWolf will be at Rain Lupe Fiasco at Tao, Lloyd Banks at Jet, etc
    Aww boo...I'm gunna miss Lil Jon, won't be there til the weekend. Dude is hella cool. He used to come into the bar I worked at in ATL all the time.

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been to Tao/Bank but I'll definitely have to check out some of the others.

    Leave a comment:


  • cm4short
    replied
    Gallery just opened and advertises being primarily hip hop top 40

    Leave a comment:


  • LongIsland2Vegas
    replied
    Marquee Boom Box Room plays all hip hop. I think the Library room in Marquee also plays a mix. As far as Pool Parties when I was at Rehab opening day it was a lot of Hip Hop, same goes for Ditch. Marquee Day Club when I was there on Monday and Tuesday played a mix of hip hop and house from what I can recall.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jackson Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by vbchica923 View Post
    As many clubs have opened/closed since the last time I went to clubs in Vegas, I wanted to see if there are any clubs that are really good for rap/hip-hop?

    I personally really dislike house (don't hate me) and try to avoid any club playing it like the plague. I understand that it will likely get mixed in somewhat at every club, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for clubs that played rap/hip-hop more predominantly than others???

    I am going to be there this weekend, so any input would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Lil Jon will be at Surrender and YelaWolf will be at Rain Lupe Fiasco at Tao, Lloyd Banks at Jet, etc

    Leave a comment:


  • Universal
    replied
    Originally posted by KristinK View Post
    Jet plays a lot of hip hop, I've noticed, but I think they are closing for remodeling. I can't recall when but you might want to check on that.
    Closing in September and re-opening end of December.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X