Good clubs for rap? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Good clubs for rap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KristinK
    replied
    Jet plays a lot of hip hop, I've noticed, but I think they are closing for remodeling. I can't recall when but you might want to check on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Universal
    replied
    Originally posted by k97jw04 View Post
    Universal, you mentioned Bare and Liquid might play a little more hip-hop Top 40 correct?

    Anyone else have recommendations for pool parties that will play more hip-hop and Top 40? Staying at Comso June 10-13 but I'm assuming their dayclub pool will be primarily house. Anyone have any comments on the Cosmo pools, good or bad?
    Correct on Liquid and Bare. There will be some house music and house beats mixed in at times depending on the DJ, but more hip hop and top 40 overall. Aria is right around the corner from The Cosmo, so Liquid would be a good choice.

    Ditch Fridays at The Palms is another good bet for that type of music.

    Leave a comment:


  • k97jw04
    replied
    Universal, you mentioned Bare and Liquid might play a little more hip-hop Top 40 correct?

    Anyone else have recommendations for pool parties that will play more hip-hop and Top 40? Staying at Comso June 10-13 but I'm assuming their dayclub pool will be primarily house. Anyone have any comments on the Cosmo pools, good or bad?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wynning
    replied
    The Light Group venues (The Bank, Jet, Haze, etc... and their pools) are your best bet for a lot of hip hop and top 40. Their DJ's mix in some house, but they play more of what it sounds like you're looking for.
    I was going to say The Bank. Last time I was there they had the best DJ mix I've ever heard in my life. Hip-hop and top 40. Much better than the emerging trend of all out house at other venues. But house is popular, so maybe I'm behind the times.

    Leave a comment:


  • not a vet but no rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Unfortunately most of the popular clubs play more house these days.

    Crown at the Rio is mostly hip hop though, I think Sat nights?

    Tao (unless there's a special house dj that night) and Jet tend to play slightly more hip hop than the rest of the major clubs imo.
    Tao has a hip-hop room and so does Marquee. LAX also plays a good amount of hip hop.

    Marquee's hip hop room is probably my favorite place to listen to hip hop in Vegas

    Leave a comment:


  • Universal
    replied
    Originally posted by vbchica923 View Post
    As many clubs have opened/closed since the last time I went to clubs in Vegas, I wanted to see if there are any clubs that are really good for rap/hip-hop?

    I personally really dislike house (don't hate me) and try to avoid any club playing it like the plague. I understand that it will likely get mixed in somewhat at every club, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for clubs that played rap/hip-hop more predominantly than others???

    I am going to be there this weekend, so any input would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!
    The Light Group venues (The Bank, Jet, Haze, etc... and their pools) are your best bet for a lot of hip hop and top 40. Their DJ's mix in some house, but they play more of what it sounds like you're looking for.
    Last edited by Universal; 05-17-2011, 06:13 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew
    replied
    Unfortunately most of the popular clubs play more house these days.

    Crown at the Rio is mostly hip hop though, I think Sat nights?

    Tao (unless there's a special house dj that night) and Jet tend to play slightly more hip hop than the rest of the major clubs imo.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X