Tier 1 and 2 nightclubs? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Tier 1 and 2 nightclubs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
    I also think hop hop can be fine as club music but the dj has to play the right hip hop and go back to the 90s and early 00s because of how much hip hop has fallen off
    yes totally!

any idiot DJ can play EDM - hell you don't even need a DJ - software can do EDM for you

but a Hip-Hop/r&B DJ needs to know how to DJ properly to make the crowd go wild .. and song selection is soo much more important because the lyrics have a lot of meaning in this genre

Comment

Originally posted by kuteguy View Post
      Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
      I also think hop hop can be fine as club music but the dj has to play the right hip hop and go back to the 90s and early 00s because of how much hip hop has fallen off
      yes totally!

any idiot DJ can play EDM - hell you don't even need a DJ - software can do EDM for you

but a Hip-Hop/r&B DJ needs to know how to DJ properly to make the crowd go wild .. and song selection is soo much more important because the lyrics have a lot of meaning in this genre
      Hip hop has changed.. but that goes for every type of music. Just because someone doesn't like it now doesn't mean everyone else is not going to like it either.

You actually need some kind of skill to DJ, whether it would be with Vynil or through MP3.. its not just something you let a computer do. Just like every other DJ.. you must know the song so you know what you can do with it.

EDM DJ's also have to check their crowd and make sure they are pumping out the right track. EDM music lyrics can have some meaning as well.. now im not saying that the verse "teach me how to Dougie, all my bitches love me..." doesnt have more important meaning.. but im just saying.
      Vegas is my second home

Facebook Profile

Comment

Would any Vets care to update this list with new or changed opinions of tier 1/2 clubs? Been a year since this thread has been upped.

Comment

I think its still pretty much the same.

Only thing that changed recently is the music/crowd at certain clubs, IMO. It seems like Gallery has become more of a hip hop crowd music. I passed through there 2 weeks ago and a couple months ago. The crowd may have moved over to there from Crown, since Crown went mostly Latin and took out the hip hop night from what I hear.

Jet changed to 1Oak. The revamp helped it feel and market like a newer club. Still same tier IMO but a bit more effort in making it better and bringing in people.

Other clubs havent changed much. Mar/Sur/XS still top 3 on the strip and still poppin out the top EDM DJs of the world.
          ***Feb 2012 - Aria - Marquee *** March 2012 - Encore - Marquee, Surrender
          ***May 2012 - Aria - Marquee, Surrender ***June 2012 - Cosmo - Marquee, XS, EDC
          ***June 2012 - Aria - Marquee ***July 2012 - Monte Carlo - XS
          ***Aug 2012 - Aria - Marquee, XS ***Oct 5-6 - Monte Carlo - Marquee
          * Dec 7-9 - Aria

Comment

Originally posted by WT661 View Post
            I think its still pretty much the same.

Only thing that changed recently is the music/crowd at certain clubs, IMO. It seems like Gallery has become more of a hip hop crowd music. I passed through there 2 weeks ago and a couple months ago. The crowd may have moved over to there from Crown, since Crown went mostly Latin and took out the hip hop night from what I hear.

Jet changed to 1Oak. The revamp helped it feel and market like a newer club. Still same tier IMO but a bit more effort in making it better and bringing in people.

Other clubs havent changed much. Mar/Sur/XS still top 3 on the strip and still poppin out the top EDM DJs of the world.
            Thanks WT661,
            Where do you think Hyde fits in?

Comment

I havent heard much about it, and I havent been since it opened so I dont have an accurate review.

I would say its one of the nicer places to go to. Its not a Megaclub like Marquee or XS so I wouldnt say Tier 1. But its on the higher end IMO. Some say Tier 2, but I would say in between. I've designated a Tier 1A for instances like this. haha.
              ***Feb 2012 - Aria - Marquee *** March 2012 - Encore - Marquee, Surrender
              ***May 2012 - Aria - Marquee, Surrender ***June 2012 - Cosmo - Marquee, XS, EDC
              ***June 2012 - Aria - Marquee ***July 2012 - Monte Carlo - XS
              ***Aug 2012 - Aria - Marquee, XS ***Oct 5-6 - Monte Carlo - Marquee
              * Dec 7-9 - Aria

Comment

This thread is a couple years old, but instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd just re-ask the question to update it for 2014. So what are the tier 1 and tier 2 clubs in 2014?

Comment

You'll get a variety of answers...but in general

Tier 1: Light, XS, Hakkasan, Marquee
                  Tier 2: Everything else
                  Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

Nightclub Floorplans

Nightclub Menus

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    You'll get a variety of answers...but in general

Tier 1: Light, XS, Hakkasan, Marquee
                    Tier 2: Everything else
                    I would agree with that

The tier 2 clubs are all pretty similar, its just preference where you want to go.
                    2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• fionakim888
                      Buy Real Driver License
                      fionakim888
                      We offer real and fake passport, driver license, id cards, birth certificates, diplomas, visas , SSN etc.
                      We also erase your bad records from the...
                      Yesterday, 07:21 AM
                    • DAlex111
                      Reply to
                      DAlex111
                      just me, 1m
                      03-26-2024, 10:49 AM
                    • SpykeYs
                      SpykeYs
                      How many people ? The table was 8K+FEES+TIP+TX.
                      03-25-2024, 07:28 AM
                    Working...
                    X