Tier 1 and 2 nightclubs? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Tier 1 and 2 nightclubs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay light group, Amg, whatever group... I know Amg manages it currently but not sure if they build clubs.. What if one of the big nightlife companies took that studio 54 spot and rennovated? That's a great spot in a popular hotel. Thats all thats missing there. Haha, they could call it 'dry republic'
    Last edited by redbullvodka; 04-08-2011, 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    ** Lifestyle Entrepreneur

Comment

Yes, I was thinking that too.

MGM is one of the biggest hotels in the world, and attracts a lot of younger people. If they had a tier one nightclub, I bet it'd be tits.

Comment

Originally posted by redbullvodka View Post
        Okay light group, Amg, whatever group... I know Amg manages it currently but not sure if they build clubs.. What if one of the big nightlife companies took that studio 54 spot and rennovated? That's a great spot in a popular hotel. Thats all thats missing there. Haha, they could call it 'dry republic'
        That would bring life back to that end of the strip for sure if there was a tier 1 club in MGM. They waste so much time on the Signature towers, the skylofts but honestly i wouldn't stay there cause there just isn't really any nightlife going on at that end of the strip. LOL @ 'Dry Republic' recommendation haha
        2013 Calendar: March 20-21 (Treasure Island). May 24-27 (Cosmopolitan). June 23-25 (Mirage). July 18-22 (Cosmopolitan).
        Next Trips: RETIRED.

Completed: (2012): mAyOD 2012 Invasion! (Palazzo). July 20-22 (Cosmopolitan). Dec 21-23 (Palazzo).
        (2011): December 30-January 2(Palazzo). April 22-24(Venetian). May 13-15(Venetian). mAyOD 19-23(MonteCarlo). June 24-26(Aria). July 29-31(Bally's). August 19-21(PH Towers @ Westgate). October 14-16 (Aria).

Comment

The Signature Suites are awesome. There's a really cool party pool that's private at the Suites. Re-do Studio 54 and I think it'd be a really great place to stay at.

But - yeah - I think Studio 54 has been Tier 3 for a few years now - I went in there last time in 2007 to check it out and they made a friend and I pay 20.00 each - and it wasn't even 1/3 full in there.
          FO SHO.
          Originally posted by redbullvodka
          you're not ditching them, they're ditching you by not going.
          Originally posted by kimball
          You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

Where does Chateau rank? 1 or 2? or too early to rank? Heard that got DJ BEATBREAKER doing a residency there?
            Dec 15-19: ARIA Sky Suites

April 21-24

Comment

Originally posted by ashroid View Post
              Note: Christian Audigier is closed as of last year.
              I'm surprised it stayed open as long as it did. One time we stayed at TI and this dude was basically begging us to get bottle service
              2016 (past) - none
              2016 (upcoming) - June 10th - 13th. Venetian. Invasion schedule

"Panda panda panda"

Comment

Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
                Originally posted by ashroid View Post
                Note: Christian Audigier is closed as of last year.
                I'm surprised it stayed open as long as it did. One time we stayed at TI and this dude was basically begging us to get bottle service
                I'm not sure if Pure Management Group (PMG) even managed Christian Audigier near the end of its lifespan. If you went on the PMG website on some parts, it wasn't even listed as one of their clubs.
                FO SHO.
                You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

We all have our particular tastes and opinions about clubs and their relative quality.

When newbies ask me about vegas though, without knowing much about their tastes the only club I tell them they must see is XS.

I think it's important for them to go, even if they don't like it. It's a great benchmark for everything else.
                  http://www.facebook.com/morgan123456

Comment

I don't think XS is for everyone though.

Comment

Originally posted by djnonsense View Post
                      I think Marquee is a better choice now. Multiple rooms with different music and more of a wow factor
                      2016 (past) - none

"Panda panda panda"

Comment

Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
                        Originally posted by djnonsense View Post
                        I think Marquee is a better choice now. Multiple rooms with different music and more of a wow factor
                        I gotta agree. I understand why XS has a wow factor, but I can only listen to electronic dance music if I'm drinking.

Marquee has a nice feel to it especially if you're into electronic dance music because the stage is like a smaller version of a dance club in Europe (though much smaller).

I feel the wow factor of Marquee happens once you get into the Cosmopolitan rather than just when you walk into XS.

The Boombox room is nice because it's got a cozy feel for r&b/hip hop.

The Library, to me, is basically an extension of the main room.
                        FO SHO.

Comment

What about Rain? Would that be tier 2, or is it more of a tier 3?

I'm curious to hear some reviews on Gallery, too, btw.
                          Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

I still think Rain fits into Tier 2, but some might disagree. It's still a great option for a lot of people who go in groups because you can get the $60 All-Access passes and hop around to all 4 Palms clubs with no line.
                            Vegas Trips to-date:
                            November 12-13, 2008 - Palms Standard
                            March 18-22, 2009 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
                            April 22-26, 2010 - MGM Grand Bungalow Suite
                            June 2-6, 2011 - Venetian Bella Suite
                            June 21-26, 2012 - Cosmopolitan Wraparound Terrace Suite

"Gambling - the sure way of getting nothing for something."

Comment

Bringing this back up, since it's a question that's asked a lot.

Out of the places I went last weekend, I personally think:

Clubs:
                              XS >> Marquee >> Surrender

I preferred Surrender over Marquee, but it's definitely different with the open party atmosphere. Also probably wouldn't be as good if it was cold/windy.

XS is a must-see. If you don't like EDM... Learn to. It's way better than hip hop as far as club music goes, and that's coming from a definite hip hop fan. The songs meld together better, and it caters more to an endless dance party theme.

Also, service at XS is much better than Marquee, and the crowd was much better in my opinion. The Wynn wow factor is just as nice as the Cosmo, the Cosmo just happens to be newer. The rooms at Marquee, especially BoomBox, are nice though.

Pool Parties
                              EBC >> Tao Beach >> Wet Republic

EBC was absolutely gorgeous. I love the two level party atmosphere, huge pools with the bridges to go from side to side, and how it has tons of room. Tao Beach, with it's closer quarters, made for a more crazy, almost backyard college party blowout. Wet Republic was cool, but I feel like they aren't really fighting to stay at the top, which surprised me. Maybe I just ended up there on an off day. Still a blast, but not as much as the other two.
                              Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
                                Bringing this back up, since it's a question that's asked a lot.

Out of the places I went last weekend, I personally think:

Clubs:
                                XS >> Marquee >> Surrender

I preferred Surrender over Marquee, but it's definitely different with the open party atmosphere. Also probably wouldn't be as good if it was cold/windy.

XS is a must-see. If you don't like EDM... Learn to. It's way better than hip hop as far as club music goes, and that's coming from a definite hip hop fan. The songs meld together better, and it caters more to an endless dance party theme.

Also, service at XS is much better than Marquee, and the crowd was much better in my opinion. The Wynn wow factor is just as nice as the Cosmo, the Cosmo just happens to be newer. The rooms at Marquee, especially BoomBox, are nice though.

Pool Parties
                                EBC >> Tao Beach >> Wet Republic

EBC was absolutely gorgeous. I love the two level party atmosphere, huge pools with the bridges to go from side to side, and how it has tons of room. Tao Beach, with it's closer quarters, made for a more crazy, almost backyard college party blowout. Wet Republic was cool, but I feel like they aren't really fighting to stay at the top, which surprised me. Maybe I just ended up there on an off day. Still a blast, but not as much as the other two.
                                Careful about generalizing the crowds. It really can vary. One Saturday in late March Marquee honestly had the best collection of women I've ever seen in Vegas. 3 weeks later on a Friday it was very average.

I also think hop hop can be fine as club music but the dj has to play the right hip hop and go back to the 90s and early 00s because of how much hip hop has fallen off
                                2016 (past) - none

"Panda panda panda"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X