Originally posted by royale
View Post
Patrick Frank =d-bag
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Thanks for getting back to me! I think I might just try to go early to and get stamped lol, I would def grease the door guy to get in past the line. I am just new to all of this. I don't think me and the Bf could finish 2 bottles lolOriginally posted by royale View PostI dont think NYC was talking about your post particularly. I agree with PF as far as better service at Tryst. They been around a little longer, probably have a veteran management a tighter crew then XS which is only a year old.
Comment
-
we are encouraging him to promote the host and he wont do it, this leads to my skepticism. we here at JC.com would love for him to post the info of the host he used for such a cheap tip.....but being brutally honest, im not too sure that this host will be around very long because of the way the tip system works (pooling tips). For instance if I work at a club and rake in $700 a night for the sale of 7 tables, and a senior host rakes in $2500 for 7 tables sold and we pool our tips and we each walk away with $1600 people will start bitching right away and then I will either A. have to start getting more money in tips (hence, advising his clients of certain minimum handshakes) or B. lose his job for not pulling his weight.....very similiar to something called socialism.....if he posts the info to his host we will all benefit by being able to spend less on tips and getting a premium table.Originally posted by Erock View PostI could be wrong but I dont think this post is a troll. If that was the case I think the poster wouldn't have went on to say that they got with another host and had a great time at the club. Do you think he has a personal vendetta against PF? Why didn't he promote the host that he was pleased with if that was the case?it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss
Comment
-
also, to be very clear......none of this is personal, this is all constructive criticism!! if we get all this info out there, and I mean all of it: from PF asking for $500, to the junior host hooking a brotha up, to new host info, even dragging legitimate new members out of the shadows and contributing then in the end we will all benefit from it......my job is to make sure that everything is legit to be fair to everyone, from PF to the new host to new members etc. In no way am I attacking anyone, I think we are all very very fair, but we are going to ask tough questions and get to the bottom of stuff to keep the boards as legit as possible.it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss
Comment
-
Very interesting thread. Lots of contrasting views and ethical issues being discussed, as well as some forum trends that are coming to light. Mis dos centavos:
I have noticed that the forum has seemed to become very cliquey. It's bound to happen as people build relationships meeting in real life. It's human nature. It also kills the appeal of the forum to many. I've not been on as much as the conversation doesn't seem as free flowing and there seems to be some weird sense of entitlement for many. I have some issues i'm working on to get to Vegas in May for a few friends i've met here and my birthday, however the appeal for me to "make this happen no matter what" has somewhat subsided because of this.
As far as the original post, I agree with both sides. I think coming on this forum as a new member and outright slandering someone may have been out of line. I don't, however, think complaining or bringing to light a situation that he had with a host in Vegas (especially one mentioned quite often on this site) is wrong in the least bit. Maybe a title of "My dealings with Patrick Frank" would have been a bit more appropriate, but that doesn't change the scenario.
I don't believe he was complaining about having to tip. He did tip the waitress well. I don't even think he is saying that he doesn't believe the host should get a tip. The real problem is that a host is asking for a tip up front. A tip is NOT mandatory in any situation. It is a privilege for those who provide a great service and should in no way be negotiated before then. If the cost of the service is $2000, that is what should be quoted.
As far as the ethics of it all, put it into this perspective. There is a video game you want that is released in April. You go to Best Buy, and the guy in the video game section says "hey, i'll make sure you get a copy of this game as it's sure to sell out, but i'm going to need you to pay me $25 on the side on top of the price". Before anyone jumps the gun, I completely understand that the service industry is run on gratuities, however the case is the same here. Someone (best buy employee/host) is selling a good or service (video game/table) that is owned by someone else (best buy/XS) and soliciting for extra money. It's not right.
Should Patrick Frank provide great service, he absolutely deserves a great tip as does any other host and they do deserve tips as it's a custom in their industry. It should in no way be asked for up front though. I tip 20% at restaurants no matter the service, because that's what I do. It's definitely not required though, and I wouldn't look down on someone for not doing it.
As far as there being other people in line for the table, well then he can book it for them. Saying that him asking for this up front to "guarantee" he's getting a customer and they won't no show is bullshit. I can tell him i'll give him an $8,000 dollar handshake, but it doesn't mean I have to show up. There isn't a valid reason he should do this. If the cost is $2000, it's $2000. If that table is worth $2500, you sell it for that. You get your tip for the service you provide though.
A last thought for everyone, this is an open internet forum. People will display opinions, quit letting it ruin your day. I'm glad to have people come in like this and give an objective look at things. Obviously you will only get rave reviews for anyone who strolls into a club with Jack and crew (and believe me i'm appreciative that i've had the chance to do that) but even Jack himself doesn't give a great review to every club out there. His site, and these forums, are designed to give a REAL view of the REAL VEGAS scene, good and bad. There are moderators on this site that can take care of anyone that is out of line (deleting posts, banning a user, etc.). Let them handle that. Contribute in a positive manner, give advice, make jokes, post whore, do what you have to do, but stop acting like you own/run this site or that your opinion matters more than the next person.
Comment
-
youre missing the point.....the point wasnt the $1600 its the fact that hes bringing in ALOT more revenue but making ALOT less cause as we all know what happens is the host bringing in more people and money says well why am I going to work so hard to benefit the other host (who brings in less people/money) and puts less effort into it and untimately the place fails because everyone works less and less UNLESS the person not pulling their weight gets firedOriginally posted by VegasKid View PostNot being an ass, but a Host would be upset with making $1600 a night?it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss
Comment
-
+1Originally posted by kori View Post.
I would think that a host is a douchebag if he did not say anything in advance, and once you got there, he refused to seat you unless you gave him a $___ handshake or changed the bottle minimums once you got there.
I personally dont deal with PF. I have my own group of host I deal with. Personally, if you dont have a relationship with a host, you should always shop around. You never no what mood or how busy the host is when you contact him. How many d-bag customers do you think stiff them all the time?
Ive personally learned to steer away from advising people how much to tip. My tips usually do more for me than just a handshake. LDW I got a 1 bottle min at XS and Tryst and premium table locations. At Tryst that weekend, 10 people came in with me NO LINE/NO COVER. Ive also gotten the same deal for forum members that Ive never met and only had a few post.
Its actually better for me when people tip less than me. So carry on.
As far the cliques, or people coming off rude, its the internet. Dont take it personal. I can assure all of you, that everyone will feel welcomed at the May invasion. I do find it ironic that the OP considers PF's approach unprofessional, considering the way he started the thread.Blackout Artist
[email protected]
Comment
-
So is that why you want me to post his name. So u can tell PF that this host inst pulling his weight and get him fired.Yes I am really dying to post his info now. If people really want his info they can PM me there info and I will forward it to him.
Also, I emailed a few more Tryst hosts and none of them asked me for any type of compensation.
Originally posted by nyc2vegas View Postyoure missing the point.....the point wasnt the $1600 its the fact that hes bringing in ALOT more revenue but making ALOT less cause as we all know what happens is the host bringing in more people and money says well why am I going to work so hard to benefit the other host (who brings in less people/money) and puts less effort into it and untimately the place fails because everyone works less and less UNLESS the person not pulling their weight gets fired
Comment
-
hmmmm looks fimiliar!!! I can only assume at the end of the night when they pool tips they will see that the mystery host isnt pulling his weight! unless there is not such a host thats gets premium tables for cheap tips, the fact that the hosts info will not be posted speaks volumes.Originally posted by Jacob23 View PostSo is that why you want me to post his name. So u can tell PF that this host inst pulling his weight and get him fired.Yes I am really dying to post his info now. If people really want his info they can PM me there info and I will forward it to him.
Also, I emailed a few more Tryst hosts and none of them asked me for any type of compensation.it's that time again, let's get #28 gentleman....for the boss
Comment
-
Originally posted by Jacob23 View PostCisco are u saying that the hosts only work for tips. Im pretty sure he gets something extra for bringing in a 2k min customer. But i guess im cheap and your some type of high roller for tipping someone more.your post are filled with assumptions. just like everyone is assuming everything your saying is true.Originally posted by Jacob23 View Postlol fine next time I will get 1 bottle and tip 100 so its socially acceptable for everyone. And again I highly doubt promoters get paid min wage and get no cut from the total bill.
my question is why didnt you complain to tryst management??????? you took the time to complain here, and we have absolutely NO control over the situation. why not speak to management after you were seated by the jr. host.?????? after all, you were about to spend $2700 with them. Its funny to me that you think PF is a d-bag, but you dont think twice about spending $2700 with the club that EMPLOYS him????????
If I felt the way some of you do about this, Id refuse to spend my money in that club at all. To me your contradicting yourself.Blackout Artist
[email protected]
Comment
-
Actually no it doesn't. If people really want it I will pm it to them. I am not hiding anything. 2nd Why don't u all email different Tryst hosts and see for yourself, so far only one 1 host (PF) has requested a large tip up front for a premium table. You are all welcome to email any host from Tryst and I guarantee PF will be the only guy asking for a tip.
Comment
-
I guess we should all hate cops because some of them are corrupt also.
Very good point
Originally posted by dnix View Postyour post are filled with assumptions. just like everyone is assuming everything your saying is true.
my question is why didnt you complain to tryst management??????? you took the time to complain here, and we have absolutely NO control over the situation. why not speak to management after you were seated by the jr. host.?????? after all, you were about to spend $2700 with them. Its funny to me that you think PF is a d-bag, but you dont think twice about spending $2700 with the club that EMPLOYS him????????
If I felt the way some of you do about this, Id refuse to spend my money in that club at all. To me your contradicting yourself.
Comment
-
at tryst maybe, but we have a TR on here were some guys booked a table a BE and when they got there they were taken to an upstairs table. they asked what it would take to get a table downstairs on the dance floor and the host said he had a high roller coming in that tips $500 for that table. they happily handed him $500 to take the table right then.Originally posted by Jacob23 View PostActually no it doesn't. If people really want it I will pm it to them. I am not hiding anything. 2nd Why don't u all email different Tryst hosts and see for yourself, so far only one 1 host (PF) has requested a large tip up front for a premium table. You are all welcome to email any host from Tryst and I guarantee PF will be the only guy asking for a tip.
BUT I guess since that host presented it differently, it makes it OK, because no one said shit about it then.
AND FYI: to my limited knowledge, TRYST policy for host, is to NOT discuss tipping AT ALL. BUT PF is a senior host, and Id assume if they had a problem with it, they would have done something by now. Of course, Im ASSUMING that.
Its not the approach I would take if I were a host, but Im sure PF would pool a lot more $$ than me. Im too nice. Im the guy that would constantly believe they will come back and take care of me. Most people dont.
Blackout Artist
[email protected]
Comment
Latest Topics
Collapse
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Comment