Good food dining alone - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Good food dining alone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good food dining alone

due to flight issues I am getting into vegas the night before the rest of my group arrives. I am wondering if there is a place that I can get decent food without looking/feeling awkward eating alone. I would imagine that deli/sports bar type places are everywhere but I would like something a bit more interesting. I guess an example would be a good restaurant that lets you sit up at the bar

thanks in advance

I've been in this situation a few times. Where are you staying?

Comment

Jaleo @ cosmo

Comment

definitely hit up holsteins! no reservations needed if you sit at the bar.

http://holsteinslv.com/
        2013 Calendar: March 20-21 (Treasure Island). May 24-27 (Cosmopolitan). June 23-25 (Mirage). July 18-22 (Cosmopolitan).
        Next Trips: RETIRED.

Completed: (2012): mAyOD 2012 Invasion! (Palazzo). July 20-22 (Cosmopolitan). Dec 21-23 (Palazzo).
        (2011): December 30-January 2(Palazzo). April 22-24(Venetian). May 13-15(Venetian). mAyOD 19-23(MonteCarlo). June 24-26(Aria). July 29-31(Bally's). August 19-21(PH Towers @ Westgate). October 14-16 (Aria).

Comment

i haven't decided where to stay yet, the group is staying in a couple of suites in the cosmo but I'm not paying for the suite for myself for a night so will probably stay elsewhere, but nearby, for the one night. So i am completely flexible

will check out the places suggested, thanks, but keep 'em coming!

Comment

I may be a little impartial cuz I used to work there but Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian is a great place. Good food, great atmosphere, 24 hours, decent price and there are tons of people that go in alone. There are seats at the bar or in the bar area.

Other good places
            ESPN in NYNY
            Lagassi's in Palazzo
            BLT Mirage or CPK in there as well
            call it what you wanna call it, Imma fucking ALCOHOLIC
            Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.”
            "I'm a bitch I know, can we get past that little factoid now, thanks!"
            "Follow the Handcuffs for a good time"
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/nicole.patterson1

Comment

I eat out alone all the time. Both when I'm staying out of town or at home. I don't think twice about going out and eating at a bar and enjoying a few cocktails. You may be surprised at how relaxing the solitude can be.

Comment

you don't exactly have to get a suite for yourself at cosmo. could just go with a standard city room since the room is only for yourself and slip a 20 at check in and try to get a studio terrace upgrade with a view pretty easily...
                2013 Calendar: March 20-21 (Treasure Island). May 24-27 (Cosmopolitan). June 23-25 (Mirage). July 18-22 (Cosmopolitan).
                Next Trips: RETIRED.

Completed: (2012): mAyOD 2012 Invasion! (Palazzo). July 20-22 (Cosmopolitan). Dec 21-23 (Palazzo).
                (2011): December 30-January 2(Palazzo). April 22-24(Venetian). May 13-15(Venetian). mAyOD 19-23(MonteCarlo). June 24-26(Aria). July 29-31(Bally's). August 19-21(PH Towers @ Westgate). October 14-16 (Aria).

Comment

I'd say l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon (most of the restaurant is bar seating). Super fun, interesting, awesome food.
                  "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Holsteins was the first thing that came to mind.
                    2016 (past) - none
                    2016 (upcoming) - June 10th - 13th. Venetian. Invasion schedule

"Panda panda panda"

Comment

Originally posted by not a vet but no rookie View Post
                      Holsteins was the first thing that came to mind.
                      My first thought was burger bar

Comment

I've ate alone at the STK bar a few times, always enjoyed it. Great people watching too

Comment

I have dined solo @ blue ribbion sushi bar mor than once ( across from STK )

Comment

I dine solo a lot which many ppl may find kinda odd for a girl. But its so relaxing and theres actually some great conversations I've had with fellow diners and bar staff that I would have never had if i were part of a party. I do suggest sitting at the bar and having a cocktail (some folks just have a couple drinks at a restaurant bar) before you ask for a food menu. That way if your not cozy in the vibe your not stuck you can always go to another venue to eat. I dont find it awkward at all. If you dont make urself LOOK awkward others wont see you that way either I was in vegas over the summer and i dined alone a ton i say any bar that has a appealing menu and that is not empty.

Comment

The Cosmo restaurants (Jaleo, Blue Ribbon, STK) are good for solo dining. I've done it there before. And the people watching is great (especially Jaleo, because it's so open and bright).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X