Dinner before or after Ka? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Dinner before or after Ka?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner before or after Ka?

I am seeing the 9:30pm show of Ka at the MGM Grand.

Was looking for a nice restuarantt/bar in the area. I thought eating before would be better since it would allow for my group to go out afterwards.

What do others think?
    Last edited by dpolo50; 09-14-2012, 12:10 PM.

Fiamma and Nobhill Tavern are both excellent and both have bars; both in the MGM Grand and reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rival2378 View Post
      Fiamma and Nobhill Tavern are both excellent and both have bars; both in the MGM Grand and reasonably priced.

Are these relatively close to the theater? What time do you suggest to make a reservation in order to have time to get to the show? Or would be going there after be better?

Comment

They are both relatively close, yes. I'd make a res for around 7p, which would give you time to relax and enjoy a drink or three with your meal. You could easily be out the door by 9p and walk across to the theatre.

If you try to do dinner after, it'd be at least 11p before you sit down to eat. There are great restaurants still serving at that time, but the menu may be limited to bar fare. And that's getting mighty close to the witching hour, where I'd rather be getting into trouble, as opposed to just sitting down to eat...

Comment

Either of those places is good. I would also recommend L'Atelier Joel Robuchon (which I just mentioned in another thread) if you want to splurge a bit. It's a counter dining experience right next to the Ka theater. (And no, I don't work for them.)

Comment

What do you mean by counter dining?

Also, any other options maybe at a nearby hotel that is just as good and can make it to the show in time?

Comment

Originally posted by dpolo50 View Post
              What do you mean by counter dining?

Also, any other options maybe at a nearby hotel that is just as good and can make it to the show in time?
              Sorry, by counter dining I mean the bulk of the restaurant is arranged around a bar counter behind which the food is prepared and plated.

Comment

In my opinion, your best dinner options are inside the MGM Grand. ochowie is dead on, L'Atelier is one of the finest restaurants in town, and there are tons of other quality options, which vary in $$$. In addition to the ones mentioned, Wolfgang Puck has a bar/grill across from KA theatre, and there's Asian fare as well, not to mention several stellar fine dining options.

If you're looking for dinner outside of MGM Grand, you might feel a bit rushed to hoof it over to the theatre after your meal. Diablo's Cantina is across the street, which could get you in and out relatively quickly.

Comment

Definitely before the show, and I second L'Atelier. It's as if you walked into a different hotel.

Comment

Definitely go to L'Atelier. Joel Robuchon is one of the world's greatest chefs. Absolutely wonderful food and ambiance.
                    "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Dinner before or after Ka

nateliu99 wroteilam99, I checked the link, but there was nothing that said specifically they would have a Thanksgiving dinner, have you been before and know what they have? It doesnt look like a bad place, but it would be nice to see the price

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X