é @ the Cosmo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• é @ the Cosmo

has anyone here eaten at é ? ( José Andrés place in Jaleo )

I just got notified that they accepted my reservation for 8/15

pretty excited !

it's a TON of fun. crazy molecular gastronomy. it'll really change the way you see food. don't treat it as just a meal though, it's really more than that. enjoy it!
    "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I was there in March and while the meal was really fun and interesting to watch, on further reflection I was let down by the food. When I was there, almost every dish had some sort of citrus flavor that seemed to dominate the entire dish. By the last dessert I could taste practically nothing but the citrus. Another thing, I did the non-alcoholic beverage pairing because I always find those interesting when a place such as this offers them and i was again pretty disappointed in this case. They charged $60 which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but when the wine pairing is $100 it doesn't seem like such a good deal. Additionally, keeping with what I saw from the food all of the drinks had either a sour or citrus kick to them that added to my issues with the meal.

Comment

Originally posted by ochowie View Post
        I was there in March and while the meal was really fun and interesting to watch, on further reflection I was let down by the food. When I was there, almost every dish had some sort of citrus flavor that seemed to dominate the entire dish. By the last dessert I could taste practically nothing but the citrus. Another thing, I did the non-alcoholic beverage pairing because I always find those interesting when a place such as this offers them and i was again pretty disappointed in this case. They charged $60 which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but when the wine pairing is $100 it doesn't seem like such a good deal. Additionally, keeping with what I saw from the food all of the drinks had either a sour or citrus kick to them that added to my issues with the meal.
        Thanks a ton for the inside scoop. I was really contemplating this for me and my gal, I've read nice things about the whole "experience". I just didn't want her to be disappointing about the quality of the food, and I'm glad you said citrus-y.. 'cose thats totally not my thing either. You possibly saved me bout 4 bills and a slightly disgruntled attitude haha. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mixednutz View Post
          Originally posted by ochowie View Post
          Thanks a ton for the inside scoop. I was really contemplating this for me and my gal, I've read nice things about the whole "experience". I just didn't want her to be disappointing about the quality of the food, and I'm glad you said citrus-y.. 'cose thats totally not my thing either. You possibly saved me bout 4 bills and a slightly disgruntled attitude haha. Thanks
          Cool, glad it helped you. I would recommend Joel Robuchon, either at the Mansion or for L'Atelier next door. L'Atelier is more of a counter dining experience and a bit cheaper while the Mansion is the full scale fine dining experience. Regardless of which one you go to the Joel Robuchon special mashed potatoes are not to be missed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X