Upgrade Sandwich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Sandwich

New to the site but been 'lurking' for some time. I'm going to Vegas soon and wanted to know how much would be a proper amount to slide the check-in person to pursuade an upgrade??
    Anyone ever done it? Worked??

Hi,

it depends on how many night you're staying, if your stay includes a weekend, and what the next better room is.

I think between 20 and 50$ depending on lenght of stay and which days.

I did it at PP with 50$ and got upgraded from a studio suite into a 1br for four nights (thurs - mon).

Comment

You can always try. BTW if you are looking for two queen beds it might be harder, some hotels don't have those in every price range.

Two weeks ago I've tried it at PH, the girl at the desk declined my tip but offered me an upgrade anyway.. too bad it was for one kingsize(needed two beds), the only one with two was a two room suite but she couldn't upgrade me to that one for free.

frontdesktip.com has much more info on the topic.

Cheers.

Comment

Id call and ask about upgrade options first. Sometimes it can be cheap. PH offered me upgrade for $10, when I called and inquired.
        Blackout Artist
        [email protected]

Comment

I have had great success in upgrading just by asking the majority of the time. I'm too cheap to try the sandwich trick.
          LAUGHTER WHEN A SMILE HAS AN ORGASM.

Comment

Yes, but you also have boobs.

Comment

Apparently the sandwich trick has been work less and less lately.
              Nyce aka MayOD 2010 MVP

Official JackColton.com Facebook Group

Comment

I've never asked since I could use the $20 on a drink but we just ask what they can do and have had luck so far. Hopefully it works in June for my friend's birthday.
                Facebook Twitter

An Original AOD member

Comment

Does anyone know if this works better earlier or later in the day, my flight gets in arround 10ish so i wanted to get there early and see if i could check in around noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme1227 View Post
                    Does anyone know if this works better earlier or later in the day, my flight gets in arround 10ish so i wanted to get there early and see if i could check in around noon.
                    I read somewhere that if you check in to the hotel at the airport (Some hotels like MGM have a booth there) that it is more likely to happen because there are less people watching over them there.
                    Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2010 = Success!!!
                    Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2011 = Success!!!
                    Jack Colton's AOD Invasion May 2012 = TBD
                    Facebook Twitter
                    Originally posted by Moezilla
                    Bring on the man meat!!!!
                    Originally posted by Matt
                    I'd rather just pay for drinks, than have to resort to Gary's ass-vodka.

Comment

I have never had to tip for an upgrade. They ask me most of the time. I look for a girl behind the desk and start talking.

I have ran into the problem of needing the queens beds and have had to decline.

Also, trying telling them your in Vegas for something... like your b-day or a GF b-day. Or just lie and say you are getting married. For my b-day the palms upgraded me to a nice suite in fantasy tower.
                      Vegas Trips:
                      July 07
                      Dec. 07
                      June 08
                      Oct. 08
                      Super Bowl 09
                      May 09 (Bachelor Party)
                      Super Bowl 2010
                      MDW 2010 (Bachelor Party)
                      Super Bowl 2011
                      May 2011
                      Sept. 2011
                      Next - March 23-26

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
                        Yes, but you also have boobs.
                        Your funny.

This site has changed a little since the last time I was on it but it may give you more info for which hotels are more likely to except a sandwich and how much.
                        http://www.frontdesktip.com/best-of/
                        LAUGHTER WHEN A SMILE HAS AN ORGASM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimball View Post
                          I have never had to tip for an upgrade. They ask me most of the time. I look for a girl behind the desk and start talking.

I have ran into the problem of needing the queens beds and have had to decline.

Also, trying telling them your in Vegas for something... like your b-day or a GF b-day. Or just lie and say you are getting married. For my b-day the palms upgraded me to a nice suite in fantasy tower.
                          Yeah I am going to run into the 2 queen bed problem, we decided to be cheap and book a room through expedia and say it was for 2 people and have the other 2 people just book flights on thier own and stay in the extra bed.
                          (Thats why I am also hesitant to use the gf anniversary story cuz then why would we need 2 beds lol)

Comment

Hey do you guys think since I booked with expedia for 2 rooms at the signiture I could get an upgrade if i tried the sandwhich?
                            I Survived Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme1227 View Post
                              I have read that is works better later in the day because they know what type of rooms are going to be empty because most people have already checked in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X