Signature MGM Grand vs. Vdara - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Signature MGM Grand vs. Vdara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Signature MGM Grand vs. Vdara

    I will be in Vegas the 14th through the 19th. I wanted to stay in a hotel which has some action and vibe going on but my only two choices (based on the convention blocks set up by my conference) are the Signature and the Vdara. I plan on going to the Friday pool party at Aria and Wet on Saturday so didnt know what would be the better option. I know both dont have casinos so I want to be the closest to the vibe as possible.

    thanks!

  • #2
    I've stayed at signature a few years ago, had the 1br penthouse, I liked it a lot only thing I hated was that it was such a long walk to get to the MGM casino. Vdara is a lot closer to walk across the street to aria to get to the casino. The vibe is pretty quiet, but when I was there it seemed like there were more people partying it up at signature than when I visited Vdara.
    "If you aim to leave Las Vegas with a small fortune, go there with a large one."

    Comment


    • #3
      I say Vdara. Its closer to Aria and the prices and hotel itself are nicer and newer. They have a free tram connection too! The biggest plus to staying at mgm grand is the access to Wet Republic bc Liquid seems to suck a tad bit. We are going in April but I'm sure we won't go to Liquid...EBC has my heart lol... MGM Grand seems more live than Aria though...
      LVH June '08
      LVH June '09
      LVH 4thofJuly '10
      Encore EDC '11
      Encore LDW '11
      Vdara MDW '14
      Vdara APR '15

      Follow me via IG @lovingmymemphis

      Comment


      • #4
        Roxie, What rooms/suite do you get when staying at the Vdara, the Hostility suite looks pretty nifty

        Comment


        • #5
          I've stayed at Vdara twice. Rooms are nice and location to Aria is awesome. It's essentially like there is a casino right there since it's literally steps away.

          Quick story about the service there... I booked Vdara through Amex luxury hotels which gets you certain benefits (breakfast, free internet, etc.). When I checked in they had not noted my account so I was refused the benefits. Even the supervisor hadn't heard of it and couldn't find record. I called Amex and talked to the hotel concierge with no luck. Not a huge deal as I was only staying there for one night and probably wouldn't use the benefits anyway. I had forgotten all about it when about a week later I received a call from the GM. He was deeply apologetic and refunded my CC for the entire night + resort fees/taxes! Ended up being $275! He also gave me his number to give him a call if I am ever there again he'd take care of me. Customer service at its finest!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Joeysarsenal View Post
            Roxie, What rooms/suite do you get when staying at the Vdara, the Hostility suite looks pretty nifty
            I've been inside the hospitality room there, its pretty nice and roomy, its a good room if you have a large group from what i recall, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, 1 room with a king, 1 room with 2 queens and in the living room was a pull out sofa.
            "If you aim to leave Las Vegas with a small fortune, go there with a large one."

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree with the posts about Vdara. I stayed in the deluxe suite, which is their basic suite. It was enough for my husband I. It reminds me of a studio apartment. You are a few steps from Aria and Cosmopolitan. It isn't a far walk to MGM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I would choose Vdara. It's tucked in behind the Bellagio and Aria, but not a bad distance from the Strip. Signature is further away from Strip and not central.

                If you're looking for a super cheap hotel rate, here's what I propose you do:

                1. Look for this hotel on Hotwire. It's easy to identify. It's located in the Center Strip and is 5 stars. It doesn't have a casino so it will be easy to spot. Here's a list of Hotwire Vegas hotels to help you identify this hotel.

                2. Then try bidding on a 5-star hotel on Priceline for less money. Submit a low ball bid, like $20 to $40 per night less than the best rate elsewhere. Worst that can happen is they reject your bid. Only bid in the SOUTH STRIP zone on Priceline. If you bid in the North Strip zone, you could end up with the Trump hotel so avoid this. You will either get the Vdara or some other 5 star hotel which will be better.

                3. If you cannot get a better deal on Hotwire or Priceline, then book through the method you were going to book previously. Chances are, you will end up at the Vdara (or better) for less money using the approach described above.

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                Working...
                X