Cosmopolitan - Penthouse or Similar for 6 guys Help / Advice / Contacts needed - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Cosmopolitan - Penthouse or Similar for 6 guys Help / Advice / Contacts needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmopolitan - Penthouse or Similar for 6 guys Help / Advice / Contacts needed

Hi Guys..

So after about a month of back and forth emails and phone calls with the Cosmopolitan, i still cant get a clear answer on what options they have to sleep 6 guys (own bed each) at the hotel.

We originally wanted the 3bed suit, but they cannot confirm bed availabilities, currently best is 2x kings & 1 room with a pair of twins, which leave 2 guys in no mans land.... or the couch.. but for that 2k each for 4 nights.... thats ridiculous...

then they said,... oh just rent 2x 2bed penthouses.... to which i said why.... that would mean again 2x king beds... as they could not give me a twin in one of the rooms and then its double the price and the group is broken up...

So i went down the normal terrace / corner suite with connecting rooms.... nope no go... again cannot confirm or guarrantee anything....

so now we have 3x standard twin rooms.... which is.... well to be honest s&%t.....

So here is the dilemma... want an epic buck party.... do it in style... get all the boys together in one place... but how ??

Some people have said, dont worry about the room, you will not spend anytime there.... which yes is true..... but we have all been away on football trips and boys weekends away and know that all good parties start and end at some point in time in the hotel room.....

advice, contacts, information, opinion..... anything guys much appriciated..... as we fly in to vegas in 2 weeks....

Cheers

OK so firstly, suites in vegas are astronomical money. You will not find one with 6 beds in mate. The very biggest have 3 bedrooms and that is thousands and thousands per night and they are often unavailable altogether as they are offered to high rollers on comp trips. That would still be 3 king size and not twins.

I disagree with people who always say you wont spend any time in the room. Thats bullshit, you spend loads of time in your room, and being able to sleep well in Vegas is so key.

What you are after is not really possible. If you hire a suite like you want at least two of your buddies will not have a bed and will have to sleep on couches. Im sure the hotel will give you rollaway beds, but yeah - its not the same.

I would be looking at the Bunglows at Cosmopolitan that have access into marquee day club. They're across three floors. You wont all have beds, but youll sleep...somewhere.

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...bungalows.aspx

They are approx $6k per night for Friday & Saturday. Sunday through Thursday they're about $2k per night.

Bare in mind a huge suite that you are asking for is gonna cost about that.

I personally think its a bit of a waste of money unless youre totally minted. There's an argument for getting a bungalow if you are planning BIG spends at Marquee Day club saturday and Sunday, cos you could have a bungalow that gives you direct access for $8k (saturday and sunday nights). You also get access to Marquee nightclub. So if you're planning on booking cabanas at Marquee Day Club or Grand Cabanas then I think getting a Cosmo bungalow is a goer.

But it all depends on budget. If you're having to think about how much youre spending here, then the rule is... you probably cant afford to do it!

Also - you fly in two weeks and you havent sorted this. The likelyhood is that the big suites are no longer available. Rooms are easy, there's thousands in each hotel. But suites? There's not many to go around.

Comment

Hi tommo0,

Thanks for the quick response mate.... very helpful.

yeah 2 weeks away is cutting it close, in all honesty i got really P**sed off with the hotel over 2 months ago when i was planning and trying to book the accommodation....

Pricing for the 3 bed suite was not bad to be honest.... 2/3rd the price of a bungalow over a friday and sat night...

we fly in on sat afternoon, so we were originally planning to just chill and play sat by ear.... but from responses here on the forum, this seems to have received a mixed bag reaction...

Sunday is marquee day, i am waiting on some hosts to come back with pricing for a grand cabana... as this is what we are looking for, but the reviews of the bungalows that i have read here on JC are slowly starting to convince oursleves otherwise... but as you have correctly said.... sleep.... noboby really wants to get crap sleep..... and the fact that the bungalow has only 1 bed... hmm....

plan the moment is; sunday marquee (grand cabana), sun night xs (pool lounge), monday bare, monday night stk & strippers, tues sky diving, guns etc... tues nigh drais yacht club (cabana)

based on the above, what your thoughts mate ? still bungalow ?? price on this trip is not really an issue.... not saying we are loaded, but its a buck for our best mate and the boys have been saving for a while for this trip.... we all want it to be memorable....

its just 6k for sat night, well i guess... a table at marquee for kaskade ( im pretty sure he is playing sat night 09 aug) is a lot better than seperate table right ?

cheers mate, look forward to you response and advice....

Comment

We went with the wraparound suite with connecting room for my bachelor party.(and another room down the hall) Yes it is true that they cannot confirm that it is a connecting room until you check in, but there are so many rooms, I would think it would be likely you would be able to do it. If everyone needs a bed, just book extra rooms and request that they are near the main suite, whichever suite you end up booking.

Comment

here is a bungalow review
          http://forums.jackcolton.com/showthr...452#post244452
          big thing is bring liquor in suitcases

If you do it Saturday and Sunday Night you will be apart of three parties
          Sat. dayparty
          Sat Night
          Sunday dayparty

then you might want to switch rooms

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Jinx View Post
            Hi tommo0,

Thanks for the quick response mate.... very helpful.

yeah 2 weeks away is cutting it close, in all honesty i got really P**sed off with the hotel over 2 months ago when i was planning and trying to book the accommodation....

Pricing for the 3 bed suite was not bad to be honest.... 2/3rd the price of a bungalow over a friday and sat night...

we fly in on sat afternoon, so we were originally planning to just chill and play sat by ear.... but from responses here on the forum, this seems to have received a mixed bag reaction...

Sunday is marquee day, i am waiting on some hosts to come back with pricing for a grand cabana... as this is what we are looking for, but the reviews of the bungalows that i have read here on JC are slowly starting to convince oursleves otherwise... but as you have correctly said.... sleep.... noboby really wants to get crap sleep..... and the fact that the bungalow has only 1 bed... hmm....

plan the moment is; sunday marquee (grand cabana), sun night xs (pool lounge), monday bare, monday night stk & strippers, tues sky diving, guns etc... tues nigh drais yacht club (cabana)

based on the above, what your thoughts mate ? still bungalow ?? price on this trip is not really an issue.... not saying we are loaded, but its a buck for our best mate and the boys have been saving for a while for this trip.... we all want it to be memorable....

its just 6k for sat night, well i guess... a table at marquee for kaskade ( im pretty sure he is playing sat night 09 aug) is a lot better than seperate table right ?

cheers mate, look forward to you response and advice....
            OK then. So saturday. You're arriving in the afternoon on a Saturday in Summer in vegas mate. This is not a time to lay low!! You'll be too late for pool parties, but you should 100% be hitting it that night, especially as its the only Saturday of your trip. They're the best day/night!!

So Sunday Grand Cabana. Its gonna be at the very least $6k. Probably closer to $8k to $10k I imagine. Add your Tax/Grat, which is gonna be at least $2000 then I would just book a Bungalow for Saturday and Sunday night for $8k. You get full access to Marquee Day Club all day. And the booze is the touch cos you just buy loads from Walgreens and keep it in your fridges so you wont be paying the prices at the day club. Just get a bucket of ice, stick your bottles in there and party. Top up by going back into your suite for more!! Its win/win for less money than the Grand Cabana.

Sunday: XS - Yes. use Bobby Yeadon and he will do you Bottle Special prices (2 goose $595) if you mention this forum that night
            Monday: Bare - yes. Monday night - Yep, XS & Marquee are also open and its their industry nights - they're jumping
            Tuesday: I would personally go to Hyde Tuesday night as you're doing a night pool thing with XS Nightswim. Tuesday is badass at Hyde

Bare in mind if you go Marquee Saturday night, the Bungalow suite gives you access to the nightclub through a different door that only the Bungalow and special guests get. Thats not a table though, so if you want a table at Marquee it'll still cost what it usually does.

If you're gonna do the Bungalow call them quick. Number 8 is a two bedroom Bungalow FYI - that's not advertised.

Also - the square footage is HUGE. Just get them to give you Roll away beds. You could fit 20 in there its massive.

Comment

Cheers artedm, read the exact same review earlier and thats what sparked the thinking with regards to the bungalow....

i think the suitcase trick may be the way forward..... and yes there parties at marquee could be something quite epic...

Comment

unless everyone in the group is massive, just share a bed....

Comment

Originally posted by tomm0 View Post
                  OK then. So saturday. You're arriving in the afternoon on a Saturday in Summer in vegas mate. This is not a time to lay low!! You'll be too late for pool parties, but you should 100% be hitting it that night, especially as its the only Saturday of your trip. They're the best day/night!!

So Sunday Grand Cabana. Its gonna be at the very least $6k. Probably closer to $8k to $10k I imagine. Add your Tax/Grat, which is gonna be at least $2000 then I would just book a Bungalow for Saturday and Sunday night for $8k. You get full access to Marquee Day Club all day. And the booze is the touch cos you just buy loads from Walgreens and keep it in your fridges so you wont be paying the prices at the day club. Just get a bucket of ice, stick your bottles in there and party. Top up by going back into your suite for more!! Its win/win for less money than the Grand Cabana.

Sunday: XS - Yes. use Bobby Yeadon and he will do you Bottle Special prices (2 goose $595) if you mention this forum that night
                  Monday: Bare - yes. Monday night - Yep, XS & Marquee are also open and its their industry nights - they're jumping
                  Tuesday: I would personally go to Hyde Tuesday night as you're doing a night pool thing with XS Nightswim. Tuesday is badass at Hyde

Bare in mind if you go Marquee Saturday night, the Bungalow suite gives you access to the nightclub through a different door that only the Bungalow and special guests get. Thats not a table though, so if you want a table at Marquee it'll still cost what it usually does.

If you're gonna do the Bungalow call them quick. Number 8 is a two bedroom Bungalow FYI - that's not advertised.

Also - the square footage is HUGE. Just get them to give you Roll away beds. You could fit 20 in there its massive.

tomm0..... SOLD MATE.... thankyou.... going to hit up cosmopolitan right now.... and that heads up with regards to bungalow no 8, mate that is truely priceless, fingers crossed its still available.....

We did look at hyde for tuesday night.... it was our first choice, but there will be about another 12 of our mates in vegas aswell at the same time, and we have all planned to hit up drais that night.. but again cheers for the advice....

Comment

btw Bungalow 8 is NOT the one with 2 beds...

Comment

Originally posted by ENC012E View Post
                      btw Bungalow 8 is NOT the one with 2 beds...
                      ok, can you please tell me which one it is then ? Cheers

Comment

hyde is a lounge before 10pm so you could always check it out before hand if you wanted

On LA not sure your experience with it- but thought I would send along some neighborhoods etc to give you some ideas

Neighborhoods: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu
                        hotels:chateau marmont,roosevelt hotel, Beverly Hilton, beverly hills hotel
                        Theme parks: Disneyland/Knott's Berry Farm/Six Flags
                        Restaurants: Spago, Nobu, Pink Taco
                        Clubs: not sure if beachers madhouse and create are open
                        Wednesday
                        Greystone Manor/Avalon/Couture
                        Thursday
                        Sound/1oak/Lure/Exchange/DBA/Sutra
                        Some larger scale events:
                        8/13 Phillies vs Angels baseball game in Anaheim 7pm
                        8/13 ZZ Top Greek Theatre LA 7pm
                        8/13 James Brown Celebration Hollywood Bowl 8pm

8/14 Paul McCartney stadium show in San Francisco
                        Last edited by artedm; 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artedm View Post
                          hyde is a lounge before 10pm so you could always check it out before hand if you wanted

On LA not sure your experience with it- but thought I would send along some neighborhoods etc to give you some ideas

Neighborhoods: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu
                          hotels:chateau marmont,roosevelt hotel, Beverly Hilton, beverly hills hotel
                          Theme parks: Disneyland/Knott's Berry Farm/Six Flags
                          Restaurants: Spago, Nobu, Pink Taco
                          Clubs:beachers madhouse?
                          Wednesday
                          Avalon/Couture
                          Thursday
                          Sound/Lure/Exchange/Sutra
                          Some larger scale events:
                          8/13 Phillies vs Angels baseball game in Anaheim 7pm
                          8/13 ZZ Top Greek Theatre LA 7pm
                          8/13 James Brown Celebration Hollywood Bowl 8pm

8/14 Paul McCartney stadium show in San Francisco

Your a legend mate, this is information is wicked....

we were thinking either NFL or some other american sport..... so baseball it may be.... do you know if tickets can be purchased at the gates like other stadiums etc around the world ?

Are the clubs in LA same theory as LV, as in table, hosts etc to get in ? I have read lines are ridiculously long and unless you know someone, or have your name on some "special" guestlist you will have no chance of getting in..

Comment

sure tickets can be purchased at the gate or online
                            http://www.stubhub.com/los-angeles-a...-2014-4401657/

For LA it depends on the venue- some are like that trying to create an image- but remember its midweek

Comment

LA (or surrounding area) doesn't have an NFL team. The closest team is in San Diego (about 2ish hour drive from LA).

Also, you have to have a car in LA. It's not like Vegas where you can get by without one, everywhere you go will take forever and could be a long drive.

Also, the only theme park I would hit would be Six Flags (and that is about a 30+ min drive North of LA). Disneyland is for kids and families and Knotts Berry Farm is pretty weak compared to Six Flags.
                              If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it! That being said, it's Vegas and doesn't hurt to try!

Planning
                              2014 - March 13-16 - Bachelor Party
                              2014 - June 5th - 9th (maybe) - Big 30.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X