Mid-stay upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-stay upgrade?

Has anyone here ever upgraded their room mid-stay?

I've got a room at MGM (just a regular Grand Queen) next Saturday to Tuesday. Saturday's an MGM fight night, so I'm not overly optimistic about being able to get an upgrade on check in (nor do I really care, since my friend already has a nice suite Saturday and Sunday, so that's gonna be where people hang out). But I'd like to upgrade (maybe even to a skyloft) for Monday night. Any tips on the best way to do this?

Originally posted by Jmhredsox View Post
    Has anyone here ever upgraded their room mid-stay?

I've got a room at MGM (just a regular Grand Queen) next Saturday to Tuesday. Saturday's an MGM fight night, so I'm not overly optimistic about being able to get an upgrade on check in (nor do I really care, since my friend already has a nice suite Saturday and Sunday, so that's gonna be where people hang out). But I'd like to upgrade (maybe even to a skyloft) for Monday night. Any tips on the best way to do this?
    Are you talking about paying for an upgrade or just slipping them a $20 to try and get one? If you're talking about slipping them a $20 there's no way possible you're going from a Grand Queen to a Skyloft, Monday night or not.

Comment

Yeah, I figure I'll have to pay if I want a skyloft. But I figure it's worth seeing how far a sandwich will get me, too.

Comment

You can definitely try, worse you'll hear is no and get your money back, but NO amount of sandwich will get you a Skyloft, the loss of potential income is just too great. My advice if your going to try to sandwich no exactly what it it is you want to ask for before hand and ask for it directly.
        "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
        Palms 2009
        MGM 2009
        Caesars 2011
        Sky Lofts 2011
        Palms Place 2012
        Planet Hollywood 2012
        Hard Rock 2012
        Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

Right, right, I get that a sandwich won't get me a Skyloft, which is why I didn't even mention it in the original post. I'm willing to pay, but I'm not interested in paying Skyloft rates for Saturday night, when I really only want it for Monday night. I was just wondering whether anyone here has upgraded their room mid-stay, and how that works. (e.g. ask at the beginning of the stay, ask the day you want the upgrade, etc.)

I figure that a tip will make the desk more willing to work with me on unusual requests, and a mid-stay upgrade will take more than the normal amount of work on their part. Just like every other situation in Vegas, a tip can turn a relatively indifferent worker who's probably having a long day into an ally who can get a little creative in helping me navigate the system, but it can't work magic. I'm not looking for a free skyloft, but I figure I can do better than paying full rack rate on top of my existing room.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X