Best Way to Avoid Long-Hauls from Airport - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Best Way to Avoid Long-Hauls from Airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Avoid Long-Hauls from Airport

Flying into Vegas tomorrow afternoon and this time, unlike my previous trips, I'll be taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel (MGM).

What is the best way to make sure I don't get long-hauled to the strip (aside from the obvious, "don't long-haul me, cabbie!"). Is there a specific route I should tell them to take?

I apologize for this thread, as I'm sure this topic has been discussed at great length.

Any quick help would be great.

Simplest tip that is given is "don't take the tunnel" which leads to the freeway

Comment

^Yep...let's them know you're not a noob.
      Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

Nightclub Floorplans

Nightclub Menus

Comment

Perfect.

Thanks, fellas.

Comment

best / cheapest way to mgm from airport is
          city bus westcliff airport express
          you catch it at level zero where the limos are
          $2 one way- directly to MGM (next stop) can take luggage on bus
          http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/upl...0114_24x11.pdf

Comment

just give him directions. paradise to tropicana. when you seem to know your way around they're probably less likely to rip you off.
            "If you aim to leave Las Vegas with a small fortune, go there with a large one."

Comment

i don't think you'd get long hauled to the MGM... its too close to the airport and while i'm not saying it hasn't happened, I think the risk of happening is very very low.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool1g View Post
                i don't think you'd get long hauled to the MGM... its too close to the airport and while i'm not saying it hasn't happened, I think the risk of happening is very very low.
                Agreed, would be pretty ballsy of a cab driver to long haul you from the airport to MGM, it's literally in full view from most runways. Most veteran cab drivers in Vegas will immediately ask in a friendly way, why your in town etc. and casually mentioning that you come to Vegas a decent amount of time will shut down any leanings toward trying to long haul you.
                "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
                Palms 2009
                MGM 2009
                Caesars 2011
                Sky Lofts 2011
                Palms Place 2012
                Planet Hollywood 2012
                Hard Rock 2012
                Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

got long hauled going to Monte Carlo... rough way to start my bachelor party

i've vowed to 1) never fly united into LAS 2) always tell cabbie to avoid tunnel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X