Cosmopolitan has been sold!!! - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Cosmopolitan has been sold!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmopolitan has been sold!!!

Deutsche Bank found a buyer for the Cosmo.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...up-173-billion

Wow, that a huge number, wouldn't have thought they would have gotten even close to that and BlackStone doesn't make investments lightly.
    "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
    Palms 2009
    MGM 2009
    Caesars 2011
    Sky Lofts 2011
    Palms Place 2012
    Planet Hollywood 2012
    Hard Rock 2012
    Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

Wow. They bought it for less than Half of what it cost to make. In addition to that they inherit the rep that the hotel already has. That's a hell of a buy. I see now why they paid all cash. Helps the Deutsche Bank and stole it before Crown Resorts from Australia could make a bid. Last I heard they were preparing a 2 Billion+ bid.....Nice....
      Palms Place - 2008
      Aria - NYE 2011
      Luxor - 2012
      Aria - July 30th - August 5th 2014
      Aria - July 30th - August 3rd 2016

My favorite drink is the next one

Comment

just because of the nature of blackstone they will have to sell / ipo in the future

Comment

Originally posted by artedm View Post
          just because of the nature of blackstone they will have to sell / ipo in the future
          Agreed BlackStone is universally known for breaking up companies it buys or holds as portfolio companies, or holding on to real estate assets short term for profit. Would be stunned if the property doesn't change hands again in the next 2 years if no IPO is done I. That time frame.
          "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
          Palms 2009
          MGM 2009
          Caesars 2011
          Sky Lofts 2011
          Palms Place 2012
          Planet Hollywood 2012
          Hard Rock 2012
          Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

Will be interesting to see how much Blackstone will want to change the property, put in their own management, be hands-on owners, etc. I'd suspect they envision a process of streamlining operations and an eventual IPO, just like they did with Hilton.

Comment

I think blackstone still owns pieces of caesars and hilton

Comment

Wow, that is pretty impressive. Maybe the second greatest real estate buy in history next to the Louisiana Purchase?????
                Epic Vegas 2014 upcoming
                March Madness
                Bachelor Party Good Friday Weekend
                EDC.....

Comment

I guess that if they invested in it they would be able to grow it on the new level. Time is changing and if you want to be on the market invest money. I have learned how to make the right alternative investments reading one blog about it. I'm very thankful to my friend who shared that blog with me. To tell you the truth I didn't know that it is so hard and you have to know so many things. But I have learned and now I'm thinking of investing some money in a small business. I hope that this will work and I hope that people who bought cosmopolitan will bring it to the top!
                  Last edited by anonymous1989; 07-19-2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X