Best Hotel for 6 guys...??? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Best Hotel for 6 guys...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Hotel for 6 guys...???

Planning a trip in mid April with 5-6 guys and we're struggling to pick a hotel. Initially we thought we'd get one large suite but once we found that there isn't really a hotel on the strip with a suite with 5-6 beds (no one wants to sleep on the floor, rollaway or pull out couch) we scratched that idea. So now we're looking into 2-3 rooms.

We have a good budget to spend ($300-400 per person for two nights). Would like a home base for pre-game or afterparty so some kind of suite would be best. Any suggestions for a hotel and room type to look into?
    2010 August - Aria Sky Suite
    2012 July - Vdara
    2014 March - MGM Signature
    2014 May - Encore
    2015 January - Treasure Island

Bella suite @ Venetian/palazzo. 99% positive you can connect two Bella suites

Comment

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Any other suggestions anyone?
      2012 July - Vdara
      2014 May - Encore

Comment

If you planning on going to Pool Parties and Nightclubs most nights I would spend as little as possible on a room. There is so many things to see and do in Vegas you really only need a place to sleep for a few hours. Check kayak.com for example a place like Howard Johnson on East Tropicana is about $50 a night for a room with two beds and no resort fee across from MGM- really convenient to Hakkasan/ Wet Republic. Easy to get to the airport.

Comment

Thanks, but we are all snobs and like a level of luxury at our hotels.
          Plus, trying to close the deal at the local Ho-Jo is a bit harder than "come back to our suite at the Cosmo".

Originally posted by artedm View Post
          If you planning on going to Pool Parties and Nightclubs most nights I would spend as little as possible on a room. There is so many things to see and do in Vegas you really only need a place to sleep for a few hours. Check kayak.com for example a place like Howard Johnson on East Tropicana is about $50 a night for a room with two beds and no resort fee across from MGM- really convenient to Hakkasan/ Wet Republic. Easy to get to the airport.
          2012 July - Vdara
          2014 May - Encore

Comment

Since no dates specific I did April 18th-20th at the places I have stayed at that may fit the requirements:

#1 hands down---Aria Deluxe Queen Room w/ 2 queen beds $212/night--Center of the strip, Cosmo next door, Liquid is in Aria etc, etc
            #2---MGM 2 Queen Beds Premium View $180/night--Wet Republic and Hakkasan is there. You can take the monorail down the strip to hit other locations by buying the 48 hour pass
            #3---Monte Carlo---2 Queens range $110-$130/night depending on the type of room. More crash pad scenario but did the job for us and is centrally located and cost puts more $$ back in the pocket and can take the tram on that side that starts at MC and stops at each location to Bellagio. Tram is free.

Link to the monorail on each side of the strip:

http://www.vegas.com/transportation/...gas-monorails/

Hope this helps
            Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Should really be able to stay anywhere for the budget for two nights best bet is whatever your planning on doing stay in a hotel around that area.

Comment

Stay at Cosmo. Do 1 wrap around terrace suite and 2 city rooms. The wrap around terrace suite has one king bed. The city rooms each have 2 queen beds. The terrace suite will run you about $600/night and the city rooms will run you about $250/night. So you are looking at $2200 plus resort fee ($25/room/day or $150 total) plus 8.1% tax ($190). That's $2540. Divide by 6 and you are looking at $423/person. Cosmo is a very nice, very cool hotel. The rooms are really cool, especially the terraces. When you check in give the person who checks you in $50 (not $20 as many people do, go big to lock down what you want) and ask him/her directly if he can put your rooms all overlooking the strip and all on the same floor (overlooking the strip is key). The wrap around will be your home base. It is big with a living room, den, kitchen and massive terrace. I just took clients to Vegas, we stayed at Cosmo (which they knew nothing about it) and all they talked about was how nice it was. Cosmo has two great bars (Bond and Chandelier), great restaurants (e.g., STK) and Marquee Nightclub and Dayclub. If you are 25-40 years old it is the place to stay. The new gambling area next to Bond which is geared towards the social gamblers is great.

Comment

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about something like this. Only problem I can see is who gets the single king in the suite? I get we'll have to pick someone at random or some kind of competition for it.

Originally posted by BigPimp View Post
                  Stay at Cosmo. Do 1 wrap around terrace suite and 2 city rooms. The wrap around terrace suite has one king bed. The city rooms each have 2 queen beds. The terrace suite will run you about $600/night and the city rooms will run you about $250/night. So you are looking at $2200 plus resort fee ($25/room/day or $150 total) plus 8.1% tax ($190). That's $2540. Divide by 6 and you are looking at $423/person. Cosmo is a very nice, very cool hotel. The rooms are really cool, especially the terraces. When you check in give the person who checks you in $50 (not $20 as many people do, go big to lock down what you want) and ask him/her directly if he can put your rooms all overlooking the strip and all on the same floor (overlooking the strip is key). The wrap around will be your home base. It is big with a living room, den, kitchen and massive terrace. I just took clients to Vegas, we stayed at Cosmo (which they knew nothing about it) and all they talked about was how nice it was. Cosmo has two great bars (Bond and Chandelier), great restaurants (e.g., STK) and Marquee Nightclub and Dayclub. If you are 25-40 years old it is the place to stay. The new gambling area next to Bond which is geared towards the social gamblers is great.
                  2012 July - Vdara
                  2014 May - Encore

Comment

Originally posted by norcalMike View Post
                    Yeah, I was kind of thinking about something like this. Only problem I can see is who gets the single king in the suite? I get we'll have to pick someone at random or some kind of competition for it.
                    Normally I do whoever wants to pay more gets it.

Gives me more money for the trip to do something else.
                    "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
                    June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
                    November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
                    July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
                    March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

Comment

Originally posted by norcalMike View Post
                      Easy. He who gets a girl first for the night gets the suite.
                      What I am about.

Comment

Dammit. I logged in to say the same but SelfMade beat me to it.

In all seriousness you won't spend more than a few hours per night in bed so the bed allocation is meaningless.

Comment

Definitely agree with Kinar. Present the cost per night for it and if someone wants ante up, good to go. If not, the person who busted their ass to get the accomodations set up and all gets first call on it. Everyone else could have easily taken on the endeavor but opted not too.
                          Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

You cant go wrong with Cosmo and the wrap around +city rooms. I usually do the same and am the one who reserves it all and puts it on my card. So, I am usually the one sleeping on the king bed........

Comment

I'd look into the Wynn. The rooms are super nice and spacious and you have Tryst, XS and Encore Beach Club right there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X