Got Four Seasons on Hotwire - will I like it? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Got Four Seasons on Hotwire - will I like it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Four Seasons on Hotwire - will I like it?

I just booked a trip for later this summer on HW. Thought for sure I was getting the Cosmo because the amenities show on Hotwire closely matched the Hotwire hotel list on HotelDealsRevealed. Unfortunately, it turned out not to be the case. I got the Four Seasons. Didn't even know this hotel existed or was being built.

Looked up on TripAdvisor, and while it looks like a great hotel, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting and it sn't in the location I wanted. Its at the bottom of the strip. BUT... it was cheap. And anyone who uses HW knows you take the changes, you get what you get.

Anyone else stay here yet? What do you think?

I think quiet and out of the way describes the 4 seasons, it is located on the back of Mandalay bay. They do have a good sunday brunch.

Comment

It's The Four Seasons, one of the best luxury chain hotel brands in the world. While it may not be centrally located as you had hoped, it's a great hotel and if you got it at a 'cheap' price, you should be very happy. Plus there's plenty to do at Mandalay Bay now that Light and Daylight have opened up, and there's some new restaurants as well. And the Veranda at Four Seasons is a great restaurant as well.
      ***** Sweet
      Senior Host - Podium Guy
      Daylight Beach Club - LIGHT Nightclub

www.facebook.com/bsweetvegas
      www.twitter.com/bsweettweet

Comment

Originally posted by TomG View Post
        Looked up on TripAdvisor, and while it looks like a great hotel, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting and it sn't in the location I wanted. Its at the bottom of the strip. BUT... What do you think?
        Haven't stayed here in Vegas and wouldn't because it's definitely not the "vegas" hotel experience which is offered at the various other "themed" hotels. Personally, I come to Vegas to feel like I'm in Vegas, not a Four Seasons. That said, if you just wanted a a great deal and didn't mind where you ended up, it's probably a great deal.
        HardRock August 2013 AOD
        Elara May 2012 AOD
        MGM Grand
        Venetian
        Stratosphere

Comment

Thanks for the input. I agree with the sentiment that when you're in Vegas, you want to feel like you're in Vegas. Opulence is great, but I want Vegas. Well, good thing is that I won't be hanging out too often in my hotel, and I'll be close to other Mandalay amenities, plus a short walk to Luxor, NYNY, etc.

Comment

I wouldnt make that walk too many times, make use of the tram from M.B to excalibur. That will save you a lot of walking
            Las Vegas is sort of like how God would do it if he had money. ~Steve Wynn

Comment

Originally posted by bsweet View Post
              It's The Four Seasons, one of the best luxury chain hotel brands in the world. While it may not be centrally located as you had hoped, it's a great hotel and if you got it at a 'cheap' price, you should be very happy. Plus there's plenty to do at Mandalay Bay now that Light and Daylight have opened up, and there's some new restaurants as well. And the Veranda at Four Seasons is a great restaurant as well.
              Couldn't agree more, I used to work for Four Seasons and as a hotel brand they have it nailed. I never stayed in the Vegas property, but I have walked around it when in town (staying there for me as an employee would mean sure disaster Vegas=shit show = me getting fired for poor conduct). You wont get the noisy/busy lobby, but then again a few steps from the elevator is Mandalay Bay for all that and with Light now open you should be pretty happy with the location!
              June 12-15 2014 Aria
              July 12-14 2013 Venetian
              August 10-12 2012 Palazzo
              July 3-5 2012 Cosmo
              MAyOD 17-20 2012 Cosmo
              June 2011 PH Towers

Comment

I also got the Four Seasons for a trip in early 2014 on Hotwire. Thanks to this thread, I did a bit more research before pulling the trigger on my non-refundable hotel purchase. I was able to narrow it down to one of these 3 hotels: Vdara, Cosmo, or Four Seasons thanks to the Vegas Hotwire hotel list on HotelDealsRevealed.com.

After some heavy duty research here and TripAdvisor, Vdara was my least favorite. I was actually hoping for the Cosmo but prepared for any of the hotels. Looking forward to the Four Seasons, and will happily share my experience with you all when I'm back.

Comment

The Four Seasons should do you nicely. It's quieter and more out of the way as the others have said, but you'll get a genuinely great experience, if you dig that sort of thing in a hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy2tone View Post
                    I also got the Four Seasons for a trip in early 2014 on Hotwire. Thanks to this thread, I did a bit more research before pulling the trigger on my non-refundable hotel purchase. I was able to narrow it down to one of these 3 hotels: Vdara, Cosmo, or Four Seasons thanks to the Vegas Hotwire hotel list on HotelDealsRevealed.com.

After some heavy duty research here and TripAdvisor, Vdara was my least favorite. I was actually hoping for the Cosmo but prepared for any of the hotels. Looking forward to the Four Seasons, and will happily share my experience with you all when I'm back.
                    If you're using Hotwire, the list of Hotwire hotels in Vegas is helpful. Just doing some research myself for a 2014 trip.
                    Vegas Trips:

1997 - Imperial Palace
                    2001 - Circus Circus
                    2008 - Treasure Island
                    2009 - Luxor
                    2010 - Vdara
                    2010 - Flamingo
                    2011 - Treasure Island
                    2014 - Aria

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse