Hotel Suggestions Please - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Hotel Suggestions Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotel Suggestions Please

    I know it is super early, but I am already thinking of my summer Vegas trip. Last year we went top notch which included staying at Encore, Best table in XS, lily pad at the pool party in EBC... Lets just say it was crazy expensive. This year looking to save some money. Looking for a cheaper hotel without compromising the fun vibe, club scene, and pool. We prefer to party at the hotel we are staying in if possible.
    The hotels I had in mind were Planet Hollywood or MGM.
    Can you let me know your thoughts on these hotels plus any others. Thanks!
    Last edited by pobbster74; 01-30-2017, 04:33 PM.

  • #2
    Planet Hollywood checks off some of the things on your list - fun casino vibe, mid range pricing, it's also mid strip location is good. However there is no club and the pool scene is nothing to write home about. However it is directly across the street from Cosmo, so incredibly easy access to Marquee Nightclub and Dayclub.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the response. Yeah those were my thoughts on PH. Has anybody heard of the Jockey club. After doing research, it seems like a no brainer. Super cheap, attached to Cosmopolitan, and access to the Cosmo pool. Thoughts???

      Comment


      • #4
        Jockey is a time share
        right next to cosmo

        Comment


        • #5
          I've almost always stay at the Jockey Club now .... its awesome.

          The Jockey club is broken in 3x types of units... Time Shares, Private owners who list via VRBO/AirBnB/etc and some units are just straight hotel style properties. I always book via these guys: LAS VEGAS TOURIST BUREAU 1.800.777.VEGAS (8342) .... I always call to get pricing (seems better that way). They take 100% up front, but you can cancel until like 36 hours prior to the trip.

          Its great for every reason you mentioned ... cheap, large rooms, and the location is perfect. It has an elevator that runs you directly to the Cosmo casino floor and you get access to the Bamboo pool (not sure on BLVD Pool). No on site is actually great, if you want to get from your room to the strip it takes you all of 10 seconds and you can avoid noise and smoke if you're good and hung-over. The rooms are dated and nothing like you would find at Wynn or Cosmo .... but so cheap its hard to complain.

          There are three "normal" room options:
          2 bedroom = 2 bedrooms (3x queen beds), 2x full bathrooms, huge walk in closet, living room / kitchen / dining area .... great for pregaming with a larger group
          1 bed deluxe = 1 bedroom (2x queen beds), 1.5 bathrooms, rest is same living / kitchen / etc
          1 bed king = 1 bedroom (1x king bed), 1 bathroom, rest is same
          Each room has a sofa sleeper and the option for roll-away beds..... If you get a Bellagio side room, the view is amazing. If you get a Cosmo side room you look at a concrete wall.

          I'll be getting to Vegas Friday for the Super Bowl ... for our group of 10 we got a 2bed and a 1 bed deluxe. These two room on Super Bowl weekend (Friday-Tuesday) came to a total of $1,282 (including taxes / fees). Works out to $130 per person for 4x nights ($32/nt per person). Best part is that we can all be together in one room to pregame and not be stumbling over each other.

          Attached is the Bellagio side view (Don't have a photo of the other side since we've only ever gotten the good side).

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the jockey club info. The only downside I see is that Jockey club only has access to the Bamboo pool at Cosmopolitan which according to reviews is the quiet pool. I am all for lounging but quiet is not my style. Anyone have experience with bamboo Pool??

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pobbster74 View Post
              Thanks for the jockey club info. The only downside I see is that Jockey club only has access to the Bamboo pool at Cosmopolitan which according to reviews is the quiet pool. I am all for lounging but quiet is not my style. Anyone have experience with bamboo Pool??
              The Bamboo Pool was fine when I was at Cosmo last year in September, but really none of their pools, Boulevard, Marquee, or Bamboo. were particularly active midweek . I'd say you'd likely be spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Marquee's pool though so then only having access to Bamboo matters for a midweek or particularly long trip.

              MGM's Pool Complex is a fun time, but I prefer Marquee over Wet Republic, and Marquee over Hakkasan.

              Planet Hollywood would fit your bill but it always seems pretty overpriced for what you get.

              With how cheap Uber is if you aren't staying at Wynn/Encore or Cosmo I'd say you can stay just about anywhere these days with little hassle.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sidekicknicholas View Post
                I've almost always stay at the Jockey Club now .... its awesome.

                The Jockey club is broken in 3x types of units... Time Shares, Private owners who list via VRBO/AirBnB/etc and some units are just straight hotel style properties. I always book via these guys: LAS VEGAS TOURIST BUREAU 1.800.777.VEGAS (8342) .... I always call to get pricing (seems better that way). They take 100% up front, but you can cancel until like 36 hours prior to the trip.

                Its great for every reason you mentioned ... cheap, large rooms, and the location is perfect. It has an elevator that runs you directly to the Cosmo casino floor and you get access to the Bamboo pool (not sure on BLVD Pool). No on site is actually great, if you want to get from your room to the strip it takes you all of 10 seconds and you can avoid noise and smoke if you're good and hung-over. The rooms are dated and nothing like you would find at Wynn or Cosmo .... but so cheap its hard to complain.

                There are three "normal" room options:
                2 bedroom = 2 bedrooms (3x queen beds), 2x full bathrooms, huge walk in closet, living room / kitchen / dining area .... great for pregaming with a larger group
                1 bed deluxe = 1 bedroom (2x queen beds), 1.5 bathrooms, rest is same living / kitchen / etc
                1 bed king = 1 bedroom (1x king bed), 1 bathroom, rest is same
                Each room has a sofa sleeper and the option for roll-away beds..... If you get a Bellagio side room, the view is amazing. If you get a Cosmo side room you look at a concrete wall.

                I'll be getting to Vegas Friday for the Super Bowl ... for our group of 10 we got a 2bed and a 1 bed deluxe. These two room on Super Bowl weekend (Friday-Tuesday) came to a total of $1,282 (including taxes / fees). Works out to $130 per person for 4x nights ($32/nt per person). Best part is that we can all be together in one room to pregame and not be stumbling over each other.

                Attached is the Bellagio side view (Don't have a photo of the other side since we've only ever gotten the good side).

                This is great info. What is the max amount of people this place can hold?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I believe this is the how they rate them (zero enforcement in my experience.
                  A 2 bedroom is rated at 7.... I think you can fit 8 easily with a roll-away bed.
                  A 1 bedroom deluxe is rated at 5,... you could fit 6 with a roll-away.
                  and a standard 1 bedroom is rated at 4.

                  Our Super Bowl trip actually had a hangup .... day before the trip I got a call from the folks I booked through (mentioned above) ... our 2 bedroom unit took damage and they were sure if it would be open for us... all hinged on maintenance. Ended up not getting that room, but since we booked specifically to have 3x beds, so they provided us with 3x 1 bedroom units. Worked out great, that just meant 3x bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, etc etc. We still had the 1 bed deluxe room too which we usually used to meet up in.

                  First time I ever had a hiccup, but they took care of us.... and once again had a solid view.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Check out Polo towers, its less expensive and super clean.

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    There are no results that meet this criteria.

                    Working...
                    X