New Hot Spot - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

New Hot Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Hot Spot

    Where is everyone staying these days? I'm usually at Cosmo (last 5-10 trips) but it's starting to feel dated and that smell when you walk in West tower from taxi area is awful. Plus with Marquee more of a tier 2 club now it seems Cosmo is past its prime now. I still like the 2nd level restaurants and can't beat the balcony rooms, but curious if there's a newer Cosmo-esque spot where more folks are staying now for the young party vibe.

  • #2
    Originally posted by RayDay View Post
    Where is everyone staying these days? I'm usually at Cosmo (last 5-10 trips) but it's starting to feel dated and that smell when you walk in West tower from taxi area is awful. Plus with Marquee more of a tier 2 club now it seems Cosmo is past its prime now. I still like the 2nd level restaurants and can't beat the balcony rooms, but curious if there's a newer Cosmo-esque spot where more folks are staying now for the young party vibe.
    Recently stayed at Encore, yet to write up the full trip report. I'd say it's definitely a viable option for people who are primarily partying at EBC, Surrender, Intrigue, and XS. Biggest problem though is the young party vibe is pretty much lacking everywhere that isn't a pool party or club on the property. Encore Players Club was a blast to play some free shuffleboard at, but even it wasn't really attracting a party vibe on a Saturday. Across the street you do have all the Fashion Show Mall restaurants and all of the Venetian/Palazzo so there are nearby party vibe options.

    Realistically Cosmo is probably going to be the place for the young party vibe for the foreseeable future due to room pricing. Cromwell priced itself out of that crowd immediately and while Caesars could have become a more popular spot to stay with both Omnia and a new collection of restaurants opening, they are remodeling rooms and charging even more unreasonable rates. Aria is an option if you want someplace new to stay, but that doesn't really make sense to me vs. just staying at Cosmo or Encore.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I was to pick a spot that isn't Cosmo or WynnCore, I'd go with Planet Hollywood, followed closely by the Linq (yeah seriously!)

      Comment


      • #4
        We amongst the vegas group have debated the same thing. max's post basicaly sums it up. Cosmo still comes up trumps for "vibe" plus i think its the best logistically favourable hotel. Across from Miracle mile, across from Walgreens down stairs at miracle mile. Easy acess to both ends of the strip... not a "massive hotel", plus it has its own good restaurants and bars. The casino is not full by any stretch as there seems to be less gamblers than belaggio and wyncore

        Comment


        • #5
          Cosmo is still the place for me. What's the smell on the way to the west tower though? We've always stayed in the east tower.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm one of the few dedicated MGM properties people since MLife takes great care of me, Lately I've been out at Mandalay which i Love but location is terrible for anything away from Mandalay. Trying out NYNY for the first time since I love the layout of their 1 bedroom luxury suite so I'll report on that next week!

            Comment


            • #7
              +1 CodieEarly . I'm a mLife person too, so I typically stay at Aria, Vdara and MGM/ Signature. I really like Aria and they have worked hard to court the hip Cosmo-ish crowd, but their pool sucks, so in the summer, we stay at MGM. :-)

              Comment


              • #8
                Funkycold I'm intrigued by your recommendation of Linq. I've never stayed there, but I've had a lot of fun in that casino. What's your experience there?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have stayed at encore/Cosmo/aria/MB/MGM/palms (back in the day)/hard rock and I still think from a party atmosphere Cosmo has the best "out of the club" atmosphere. With that said I will probably stay at encore on any future visits if I am planning on hitting EBC or night swim just for convenience; with that said other than the clubs wynncore is pretty stuffy and lame and I do not like the food choices.

                  Of the other places I mentioned my opinion is that aria is pretty nice but prior to then opening up the new club bar there it was not an overly energized venue, food options were great but felt need to cab it almost everywhere.

                  MB always seems dead to me, I have only stayed there when I have had to I am also not thrilled with their food options.

                  MGM always seems pretty lively in some areas but it is so freaking large it just never feels as good as Cosmo has in the past.

                  I do feel that with all of the clubs that opened three years ago the party crowd does not get consolidated in one venue as it used to, things are more spread out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pc101 View Post
                    Funkycold I'm intrigued by your recommendation of Linq. I've never stayed there, but I've had a lot of fun in that casino. What's your experience there?
                    I've never stayed there but I have a blast every time I pass through! The rooms look decent online, but it's the cool casino, all the bars inside and out on the Linq promenade, and most importantly the LOCATION of the whole deal

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    There are no results that meet this criteria.

                    Working...
                    X