how to get Cosmo cheap - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

how to get Cosmo cheap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Mop1231 View Post
    Thanks for answering my question

    So I book with marriot first , then find cheaper price and then filed the claim form? Is this correct?

    Yes! I just switched my reservations this morning for my trip in March from Bally's to the Cosmo due to this thread. I figured it's Las Vegas and only a little over $100 to upgrade to the Cosmo? Heck ya! I couldn't find the claim form at first, so I had to google it.

    https://www.marriott.com/look/claimForm.mi

    Just make your reservation with Marriott, then fill out this form. They will ask you where you found the better price and there is a spot to put in the website that has the better deal.
    My trip from 3/17-3/21 went from $851.20 on the Marriott website to approximately $427.50 (they didn't have taxes added in on this one) after the expedia rate and extra 25% off. Also from the time I made my claim to the time I got an email saying that had adjusted my rate was only about 3 hours.

    Comment


    • #32
      the reservation is cancellable right? so if i book, put in the claim, and either they reject or i dont like the new price, i can cancel my reservation?

      Edit: nevermind, tripres and expeidia are showing the same rates as the hotel's site and its actually cheaper going through marriott's site lol. im guessing they caught on and are matching the room rates..
      Last edited by presto; 02-02-2012, 03:48 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by presto View Post
        the reservation is cancellable right? so if i book, put in the claim, and either they reject or i dont like the new price, i can cancel my reservation?

        Edit: nevermind, tripres and expeidia are showing the same rates as the hotel's site and its actually cheaper going through marriott's site lol. im guessing they caught on and are matching the room rates..
        I just checked and marriott's rates are still much higher. They didn't lower them.

        Comment


        • #34
          Marriott matches the cheapest rate you can find and then takes an additional 25% off that. Ex: Marriott rate $300/night, Expedia rate $200/night, you'll get the room for $150/night +tax.

          They charge the first night's deposit based on the original Marriott amount - so in the example above, they charge your card $300+tax even though the rate is adjusted after the fact to $150. They will not charge the "full amount" at booking.

          Yes, the room can be cancelled up to a few days before arrival - check the T's and C's of the original Marriott.com booking. Since you're booking a standard rate initially and this rate has nothing to do with the adjusted rate you actually receive, it's in your best interest to book a rate with the most flexible cancellation policy you can find.

          If you book a 4-night stay, you're basically paying 60% of the full price of the room (25% off with the 4 for 3, then 25% off the 3 nights with the best rate guarantee). This is a pretty awesome deal for a 5* hotel with great clubs and pools.

          Comment


          • #35
            Using Tripres for this can be a little iffy, at least based on what I'm reading at Flyertalk. The issue is that Tripres are often prepaid, which means you have to match it to a prepaid rate on Marriott.com, and the Tripres terms & conditions say that the response you get initially from the website isn't a confirmation, it's you offering to buy it at that rate and it's not confirmed until they send you an email.

            Apparently Tripres sometimes works with LNF, sometimes doesn't. It depends on the Marriott agent you get reviewing your claim.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Erock View Post
              Originally posted by presto View Post
              the reservation is cancellable right? so if i book, put in the claim, and either they reject or i dont like the new price, i can cancel my reservation?

              Edit: nevermind, tripres and expeidia are showing the same rates as the hotel's site and its actually cheaper going through marriott's site lol. im guessing they caught on and are matching the room rates..
              I just checked and marriott's rates are still much higher. They didn't lower them.
              hmm weird.. might be the days im going then. Lame! haha

              Comment


              • #37
                I just used this and got the cosmo for $107.25 for weds, $104.25 for thurs and $135 for fri and sat in may.

                Good find!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jonflesh View Post
                  I just used this and got the cosmo for $107.25 for weds, $104.25 for thurs and $135 for fri and sat in may.

                  Good find!
                  more details???? what site had the cheaper rate??
                  Blackout Artist
                  [email protected]

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by dnix View Post
                    Originally posted by jonflesh View Post
                    I just used this and got the cosmo for $107.25 for weds, $104.25 for thurs and $135 for fri and sat in may.

                    Good find!
                    more details???? what site had the cheaper rate??
                    I think it depends on what days you are going. There are a couple of days here and there in May that are listed at $180 on the official Cosmo website but most are over $200 and some dates are even over $300. If you go here https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/book-a-room.aspx you can look at the calendar with what the rates are for each night by month. So if your trip is planned for May 17-21 (according to the pic you showed earlier) the 19th is going for $340 on the basic city room. The total on Marriot's site is $1220.80, on Cosmo it is $1090.00, and on Expedia it is $913.47. 25% of $914.81 is $228.70, so once you file that claim you would end up paying approximately $685 before taxes if I am doing my math correctly. Still a good deal, but not quite as good as someone who is able to get those dates in May that are only $180.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dnix View Post
                      Originally posted by jonflesh View Post
                      I just used this and got the cosmo for $107.25 for weds, $104.25 for thurs and $135 for fri and sat in may.

                      Good find!
                      more details???? what site had the cheaper rate??

                      My dates are May 9-13. When I booked through Marriot it was about $936. Expedia had it for $160 a night. After the 25% off the Expedia rates it comes out to the rates listed above.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Amazing! This worked for me.

                        Booked Canadian long weekend May 18th-May 21st.

                        Original booking with Marriott:
                        May 18 $240
                        May 19 $340
                        May 20 $280
                        = $860

                        Submitted a claim for referring olotels.com which showed a lower average nightly rate.

                        Successful LNF claim for the last 2 nights which made my rates change to the following:
                        May 18 $240
                        May 19 $198
                        May 20 $198
                        = $636

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I just did this last night.

                          Booked a City Room 2 Queen from 3/17-3/23 (6 nights)

                          Marriott Site quoted the following.....

                          3/17 (Sat)-$280
                          3/18 $160
                          3/19 $160
                          3/20 $160
                          3/21 $160
                          3/22 $160

                          Total plus tax=1209.60

                          Looked up Expedia and found the same time span for 905.10 (with tax). I booked the Marriott and filled out the form.

                          Just got a response that they approved my from and reduced as follows (25% below Expedia).

                          3/17-$157.50
                          3/18-3/22= $90 each
                          Total= $607.50 plus tax

                          Thanks OP for the post!
                          Last edited by arm22; 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM. Reason: posted accidently

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            So, I went into the Marriott website to double check my reservation and see if they had the reduced rate officially posted after my claim went through. I booked a city room for 3/17-3/21 but here's the kicker, my reservation says it's for a terrace studio with a balcony?! Still has the price for the city room as well. I just printed out my reservation to take with me in case I can really get this upgrade without even having to try the sandwich trick.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              danzersrule - the same thing happened to me. I booked the city room 2 queens. My reservation said 1 King Terrace Studio so I emailed reservations and asked them for the 2 queens Terrace Studio, they adjusted my reservations no questions asked.

                              I double checked by calling and everything sounds A-OK. A free balcony and kitchenette - i guess i'll take it.
                              Cosmo
                              3/08 - Haze, Bank, Pure, Drais
                              3/09 - Palms or Marquee
                              3/10 - GBDC, 311 Day @ MGM
                              3/11 - 311 Day @ MGM
                              3/12 - sleep

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by smstech View Post
                                danzersrule - the same thing happened to me. I booked the city room 2 queens. My reservation said 1 King Terrace Studio so I emailed reservations and asked them for the 2 queens Terrace Studio, they adjusted my reservations no questions asked.

                                I double checked by calling and everything sounds A-OK. A free balcony and kitchenette - i guess i'll take it.
                                Damn, this didn't happen to me. I still show the City Room (which is what I booked). Hmmm........

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Working...
                                X