Hakkasan front row pavillion vs Omnia 3rd tier - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Hakkasan front row pavillion vs Omnia 3rd tier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakkasan front row pavillion vs Omnia 3rd tier

Hi everyone -

Huge fan of these forums; I've relied on them heavily for my upcoming trip.

I'm looking at setting up a table for 8 guys for Saturday, July 25.

If price was the same, does anyone have any guidance on which would be a better spot:

-front row pavilion at Hakkasan (Calvin Harris) or main floor 3rd tier at Omnia (Dirty South)?
    (So, tables 461-464 at Hakkasan; vs tables 31-36 at Omnia. Links included at the bottom of this post.)

Based on various prices I've seen online, it seems like the prices might end up being comparable. (I have chatted with a couple JC recommended hosts, but nothing solid in place yet.)

DJ somewhat a factor (obviously CH is a huge name; but DS also seems very solid), but I'm mostly worried about feeling connected to the main room action and having a great time.

Side note: we're staying at MGM which would mean Hakk has some home field advantages for us, but the real mystery to me is whether front row pavilion at Hakk is a good spot with a decent view of the DJ. After poring through every post I could find on the subject in these forums, it still seems unclear to me. Any further input from anyone who has had those tables would be great.

Thanks big time everyone.

-Hondo

P.S. posted some table maps I found on Hakk's website and SheetsVIP:
    Hakkasan: https://hakkasanlv.com/wp-content/up...uts-06-13F.pdf

Omnia map attached (credit: SheetsVIP): Omnia-Level-1.jpg
    Last edited by Hondo; 07-06-2015, 02:28 PM.

i'd take a 3rd tier at omnia for sure. pavillion is great but like you said you will still feel disconnected from the main room action
    Jose Arriaga
    VIP Host

Facebook » Instagram

Comment

I vote calvin harris
      + your staying mgm- get some mgm m life points for the table purchase
      Calvin Harris is probably highest paid dj in vegas and draws a HUGE HUGE crowd.

Omnia is a nice but dirty south has nowhere near the name recognition/ hit songs as Calvin.

As long as your first row of pavilion much better then back row of pavilion.

Comment

Originally posted by artedm View Post
        I vote calvin harris
        + your staying mgm- get some mgm m life points for the table purchase
        +1 here those mLife points add up quick!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. This really feels like a tough call. Both have great advantages. (Thanks for that take on Omnia, DeX. And great angles on the MLife points, guys. I was wondering if I could get points for that.)

Can anyone please help give a sense of what that the view / set-up is like from that Hakkasan front row pavilion spot? From the map and descriptions in other threads, I know where it's located, but are you able to see the DJ booth well from that spot? Is the booth turned the other way back into the main pavilion area and we're standing up on the couch to see over the aisle behind the main table booths?

Maybe we won't even care at that point by the time the headliner gets on, but I've searched everywhere for some sort of picture or description that gives a sense of the vantage point. (I've seen the pavilion, so I understand what the room looks like, but just can't recall how well one can see the main room looks from that front row.)

Obviously a Hakk main room both is ideal, but probably gonna be out of our budget unfortunately :-/
          Last edited by Hondo; 07-06-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I like both, but voting Calvin Harris. Hoping to see him in a few weeks myself.

Comment

You will have to stand on the couches if seeing the main room is a bid deal. Honestly, if you're set on Hak I'd do the balcony tables instead. The energy of the main room is what you want, watching the DJ is boring as hell unless you're actually in the booth and someone like Morillo is on the decks.
              Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
              mAyOD 5/16-5/22
              Late Summer July-August

Comment

Originally posted by ccc View Post
                You will have to stand on the couches if seeing the main room is a bid deal. Honestly, if you're set on Hak I'd do the balcony tables instead. The energy of the main room is what you want, watching the DJ is boring as hell unless you're actually in the booth and someone like Morillo is on the decks.
                Good input, ccc. Thank you. 100% on point with just wanting to feel connected to the main room over anything else. Exactly why those Omnia spots look good, too. Some guys in my group are worried about traffic in the balconies; only reason why I haven't been considering those stronger up to this point. I think balconies at both spots are about in the same price range.

====

Appreciate that input, too, Vegasnoob2014. It feels like a win-win with both DJ options.

Comment

i had table 453 at hakk for calvin, to me it wasn't worth payn 4k for that spot u couldn't feel the energy from the mainroom at all and your still quite far. his set was def sik tho. so maybe omnia might be the better spot for you if you wan a feel the energy which always a better experience

Comment

I cannot tell you how much better Omnia is. Its light-years mate.

The Pavillion at Hak to me is one of the lamest options in Vegas. I would pretty much go to any club outside LAX or Chateau than Pavilion at Hakkasan. Its bucks, but you feel so disconnected. I have had main room and pavillion tables. When I was in Pavilion - and it was a good spot in there - I spent most of the night away from the area as it felt like we were just out of the action. I even ended up wandering the GA areas seeing what was going on and ended up leaving early.

The main room at Hak is cool, but ANYWHERE else its just an afterthought and a total design joke. The amount you pay for being in there aswell.... Jeez.

Its an absolute non decision for me. Even worse if its Calvin Harris cos all the draw will be to the main room so EVERYONE will go in there or up on the Mezz to catch some action while you and your group just watch others having a great time.

Dont even consider Hakkasan unless you are Main Room. Its like going to a house party but not being allowed in and watching the action unfold through the windows from the front garden as the guys all fuck Victoria Secret models and you stand there wanking and crying

Comment

Ive had front row pavilion before (462), and I didnt feel disconnected from the main room. Obviously, its the furthest point you can be though. For any other pavilion spot, Id say the comments are valid, but not for front row. I wouldnt want any other pavilion spot. Youll have a shit load of foot traffic, so if you dont want that, Id move to a mez table. For CH, youll probably have people standing between your table and the main room, which is probably why CCC says youd have to stand on the couches. I had that table on a Sunday, so Im sure it wasnt as crowded as will be for CH, so that wasnt the case for us.

Ive had multiple Mez tables. I dont see those on the map, but Ive been right above table 41 multiple times, and right above 461. Mez tables have great view of the Main room. The mez tables above 41, are right next to the elevators, bathroom, and a bar, so those will have the most foot traffic. The tables above 461 will have the least amount of traffic. It dead ends on that side.

Ive been to Omnia once, briefly, just to check it out, so I cant comment on table locations. Its a really nice venue. Personally, I try to only go to those venues on industry nights, cause there Fri and Sat pricing is retarded IMO, compared to other venues, but I dont really care about headliners.
                      Last edited by dnix; 07-07-2015, 03:14 AM.
                      Blackout Artist
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Noklade07 View Post
                        i had table 453 at hakk for calvin, to me it wasn't worth payn 4k for that spot u couldn't feel the energy from the mainroom at all and your still quite far. his set was def sik tho. so maybe omnia might be the better spot for you if you wan a feel the energy which always a better experience
                        Excellent info, Noklade. Majorly appreciated.

Originally posted by tomm0 View Post

Dont even consider Hakkasan unless you are Main Room. Its like going to a house party but not being allowed in and watching the action unfold through the windows from the front garden as the guys all fuck Victoria Secret models and you stand there wanking and crying

Cheers, Tomm0. Great stuff - thank you. Especially hammered it home with the metaphor at the end Tremendous.

Great info from everyone. Have addressed the unknowns / questions I've been struggling with.

Comment

Originally posted by dnix View Post
                          Ive had front row pavilion before (462), and I didnt feel disconnected from the main room. Obviously, its the furthest point you can be though. For any other pavilion spot, Id say the comments are valid, but not for front row. I wouldnt want any other pavilion spot. Youll have a shit load of foot traffic, so if you dont want that, Id move to a mez table. For CH, youll probably have people standing between your table and the main room, which is probably why CCC says youd have to stand on the couches. I had that table on a Sunday, so Im sure it wasnt as crowded as will be for CH, so that wasnt the case for us.

Ive had multiple Mez tables. I dont see those on the map, but Ive been right above table 41 multiple times, and right above 461. Mez tables have great view of the Main room. The mez tables above 41, are right next to the elevators, bathroom, and a bar, so those will have the most foot traffic. The tables above 461 will have the least amount of traffic. It dead ends on that side.

Ive been to Omnia once, briefly, just to check it out, so I cant comment on table locations. Its a really nice venue. Personally, I try to only go to those venues on industry nights, cause there Fri and Sat pricing is retarded IMO, compared to other venues, but I dont really care about headliners.
                          Thanks, dnix. Definitely like the foot traffic angle - and I'm totally getting a sense of the space. I was curious if those front row spots would be right on the edge of the main room looking in, but I'm getting that there's a little space in-between for people to stand. This helps a lot. (The Mez info is awesome, too, as I'm definitely considering that angle a lot more after this thread. Especially appreciate the perspective on the busiest spots up there. That would be a key factor.)

You definitely nailed it on the Sat/Sun pricing. Ideally we'd be trying to swing one of these clubs on another night to save a few $$$; certainly not getting much value on the weekend nights with the big headliners.

Thanks again everyone. Better info than I was even expecting. Really helping me mull everything over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondo View Post
                            Thanks, dnix. Definitely like the foot traffic angle - and I'm totally getting a sense of the space. I was curious if those front row spots would be right on the edge of the main room looking in, but I'm getting that there's a little space in-between for people to stand. This helps a lot. (The Mez info is awesome, too, as I'm definitely considering that angle a lot more after this thread. Especially appreciate the perspective on the busiest spots up there. That would be a key factor.)

You definitely nailed it on the Sat/Sun pricing. Ideally we'd be trying to swing one of these clubs on another night to save a few $$$; certainly not getting much value on the weekend nights with the big headliners.

Thanks again everyone. Better info than I was even expecting. Really helping me mull everything over.
                            Yes, There is walkway right between the last main room table, and the front row pavilion table. Its your path to the table. Those tables are a horse shoe, and open up at the front to the walkway.

The Mez tables are exactly the opposite. The table is up against the balcony, with the walkway being behind the table.
                            Blackout Artist
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by tomm0 View Post

The Pavillion at Hak to me is one of the lamest options in Vegas. I would pretty much go to any club outside LAX or Chateau than Pavilion at Hakkasan. Its bucks, but you feel so disconnected. I have had main room and pavillion tables. When I was in Pavilion - and it was a good spot in there - I spent most of the night away from the area as it felt like we were just out of the action. I even ended up wandering the GA areas seeing what was going on and ended up leaving early.

The main room at Hak is cool, but ANYWHERE else its just an afterthought and a total design joke. The amount you pay for being in there aswell.... Jeez.

Its an absolute non decision for me. Even worse if its Calvin Harris cos all the draw will be to the main room so EVERYONE will go in there or up on the Mezz to catch some action while you and your group just watch others having a great time.

Would you guys say Hakasaan is ok for GA maybe on a Sun?? I will be there in Sept just pre-planning. Ill be at MGM so was thinking there on a Sun but Omnia Sat probly table w friends.
                              Grizzled Vegas Vet:

May '02
                              Nov '04
                              Mar '05
                              Aug '05
                              Jun '06
                              Oct '07
                              Jan '08
                              Oct '08
                              June '09
                              Jun '10
                              Aug '10