GA Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Help

Planning a trip for July or August, usually stick to tables but going with a different group this time and need some schooling on the GA side of things.

What would be considered an acceptable tip for a walk-in for one guy & a girl or two at T1's? Are there any clubs (Ex. Omnia) where walk-ins are harder to get and it's advisable to buy pre-sale?

And also, what's an average cost of a pool/club doing GA? Obviously dependent on what you drink and how much of it, but ideally would like to keep it under $200 per event.

Thanks in advance!

Presale is the way to go without a table

Comment

I say Friday/Saturday night anywhere from $20-$50 as a walk-in tip per male is good. But again, it always depends on the venue, event and who is playing...and also your relationship with the host you are going through.

For average costs of a day party, $200 is more then enough for cover and 5-6 drinks. If people are willing to spend $200 each, I'd be looking at a day bed at that point to be honest.
      Next trip: ???

Comment

I'd go with presales and don't worry about a walk in. With walk in you'll still have to pay cover, which night of can be pretty costly (ie $100+ for name dj's). Presales this far out should only run you 30-60 for each venue. factor in cost of drinks and there you go.
        2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

Walk-ins are sometimes good if you want to arrive a little later. I know for example XS doesn't guarantee entry past 1030pm with pre sales, I generally don't like getting to the club before 1230, so in that situation, I usually try to organize a walk-in. If you do go the walk-in route, clarify with your host whether or not your cost will include cover, my experience is that if you set it up in advance, you can sometimes get an "all-in" GA price.

Comment

I find that when you ask for a walk-in, some hosts will ask for amount upfront and that will include the line cut and cover charge.

I usually go through the same hosts and personal contacts for each trip and refer my own clients to them throughout the year, so a "walk-in" for me is usually taken care of and a tip on top is just a gesture of my appreciation. With that being said, it all depends on the relationship you have with your host.
            Next trip: ???

Comment

even ratio or better girl ratio to guy your looking at free entry on guestlist sunday-thursday.
              Friday/Sat the girls themselves can probably get free entry on guestlist and depending on event might even get even ratio.

If you don't want to mess with hosts/guestlist buy presale.
              Really don't need walk in.

Comment

Originally posted by artedm View Post
                even ratio or better girl ratio to guy your looking at free entry on guestlist sunday-thursday.
                Friday/Sat the girls themselves can probably get free entry on guestlist and depending on event might even get even ratio.

If you don't want to mess with hosts/guestlist buy presale.
                Really don't need walk in.
                Are people finding that places aren't very strict on the "arrive by" times on pre-sales? That's really my only issue with them, if I am going without a table, I am usually going to see the headliner, which is normally why I look for a walk-in.

Comment

Originally posted by ponch62 View Post
                  Walk-ins are sometimes good if you want to arrive a little later. I know for example XS doesn't guarantee entry past 1030pm with pre sales, I generally don't like getting to the club before 1230, so in that situation, I usually try to organize a walk-in. If you do go the walk-in route, clarify with your host whether or not your cost will include cover, my experience is that if you set it up in advance, you can sometimes get an "all-in" GA price.
                  Probably the best way to go about it. If you're going to try to sneak it at primetime (after midnight), you might be best off using a host to get you in, especially if it's only a few of you and/or high F/M ratio.
                  Vegas trips: 11/2004, 11/2008, MayOD 2011, 9/2012, July Invasion 2013, 2/2015, 7/2015

Comment

I did hosted entry at XS for Nightswim during the MayPac fight weekend and my tip to the host included cover. Host wanted $50 each guy when presale tickets were going for $75. My group of 4 guys showed up around 11:30pm, met my host at the front door and he walked us in, no wait.

Comment

Thank you for all the information guys, answered everything I needed to know

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X