Need some tips for upcoming trip April 8 - April 12th (6 guys) - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Need some tips for upcoming trip April 8 - April 12th (6 guys)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some tips for upcoming trip April 8 - April 12th (6 guys)

Hey Everyone, have been reading the forums for quite some time now and am very thankful to have come across a site that is able to provide such extraordinary information.

Need some help for an upcoming trip that me and a group of 5 other guys will be going on this April. (Second time in Vegas four 3 of us, 3 first timers)

We are staying at the MGM grand for the vast majority of the trip with our last night on the 12th being at Bally's.

I have pretty much created a preliminary itinerary for the group as I had the unfortunate experience of losing my ID on our first day the last time I was in Vegas at the Wet Republic (March 2013, also stayed at MGM, Hakkasan was not yet done being built so did not have opportunity to check it out) and had to wait two days for my passport to arrive from New York (Overnight service is definitely not overnight). Due in part to this unfortunate event I was definitely not able to experience Vegas the correct way due to time limitations as we were only able to visit wet republic a couple of times, do a club crawl, and visit Tabu (when it was still open in MGM, as this was the only place that allowed entrance as I was a hotel guest and they were familiar with me losing the ID).

Thank you for bearing with that rant thus far...

Basically we are looking to work with the best deals available as we are trying to fit in bottle service a few times on our trip along with the potential day bed opportunity at wet republic or another venue possibly EBC.

Please offer suggestions for a better time for our group if you feel we are not going to a correct venue on any particular night,

Wednesday Night 4/8/15: Light Night Club

We don't know if this is the best thing to do as only 4 of the gguys will be here Wednesday night, but have heard fantastic reviews of this club and definitely would like to check it out on the trip.

Thursday Morning 4/9/15: Wet Republic General Admission

Figured another member of our group arrives that morning and we could just check it out without any sort of bottle service/area minimum to keep our bodies in ok shape for going out later that night.

Thursday Night 4/9/15: Tryst Night Club

All members of our group would have arrived by this time and I have heard fantastic things from the Forum on Thursday Night's in regards to Tryst. Looking to get the Goose/Moet Special x2

Is this the best option for that day? Should we look into Hakkasan?

Friday Morning 4/10/15: Wet Republic or Encore Beach Club

Looking to get a day bed if possible, don't know exactly what to expect in term's of a minimum, so suggestions are very much appreciated here as well.

Friday Night 4/10/15: ???

Don't really have an idea of what to do here. Calvin Harris is at Hakkasan, David Guetta at XS, and Krewella at Omnia.

Saturday Morning 4/11/15: MGM grand pool complex

We should probably try to relax sometime, I do know that this day is the official grand opening of Wet Republic (Calvin Harris).

Saturday Night 4/11/2015: Sin City Club Crawl

Couple of members of our group wanted to really go on this club crawl...Personally I am not a huge fan, but one of our friends who we do not get to see very often has claimed that this is pretty much his favorite part of our last vegas trip and wanted to do it again.

Sunday Morning 4/12/2015: Wet Republic

Steve Aoki at the Wet Republic, definitely wanted to check him out...

Sunday Night 4/12/2015: Drais Nightclub

Have heard that there are some great Sunday Night bottle specials as well with Drais being one of these locations...Completely open though to another option as it is our last night and we would like to do something worthwhile.

I thank those of you in advance for bearing through this post. We would definitely like to do as much as possible within a reasonable means... Days that are better known for bottle specials we would like to take advantage of to the best of our ability, hence we are very open to suggestions as many of you would definitely be able to provide better guidance to our group then my preliminary research would allow.

If you have any contacts or can give best day by day guidance it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance again!

Light is awesome, do that.

Wet Republic won't be crazy on Thursday. I would recommend hitting Liquid instead - its smaller and will be a better party on Thursday.

Tryst is fine, but I'd say go where the girls are. Encore Beach Club at Night if it's open, or any of the Tier 1 clubs that are open on Thursdays.

Friday days are fine everywhere, and not amazing. Should be able to get a decent minimum.

Can't go wrong with any of the Friday night options. I don't like Guetta, and Hak you pretty much need a table. I'd pick Omnia because its new but might need a table there too.

Saturday day: I'd rather rest Friday day and hit a day club Saturday. Much better day for pools. Or don't rest at all, it's Vegas.

Saturday night: No. Club Crawl is a waste of time and money. Pick a club and go.

Aoki is good live but why Wet twice? If you went Liquid thursday instead, and EBC Sunday, sound like a good pick.
    Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

I agree with Chris. I expect everyone will. Don't expect the Thursday and Friday pool parties to be hopping especially in April. If you are looking to save money and/or rest, those are the times to do it (hit MGM pool complex).

I want to emphasize that Saturday and Sunday are the best days in Vegas, so do not waste your Saturday by skipping the pool party and going to a pub crawl. Go to a pub crawl in your hometown. Don't go to Vegas to get drunk with your buddies.

Sunday go to Diplo at Encore Beach Club. I cannot emphasize that enough. Sunday, EBC, Diplo - that will be awesome. I would do Calvin Harris at Wet on Saturday. To be clear my recommendations are based on which clubs will have the most women.

Comment

welcome
        1st your staying at mgm so signup if your not already for a mlife card - players card- put the room on there, the table at light on there, if you do anything at wetrepublic or hakkasan show the card for all that.

2. to help you plan most headline djs start around 1am at nightclubs and 3pm at pool parties.

3. pub crawl I looked at the website for that- 80 bucks each isn't so great for that the clubs they are taking you to

lots of good thoughts
        Wednesday: table at light with bottle special
        Thursday day: thursday/friday pool party very different from big name dj pool party saturday/sunday but you can check wet/tao beach if you want
        Thursday night: Tryst has the special but check hakkasan/omnia for bigger crowd
        Friday day: see above
        Friday night: calvin harris or guetta are going to be big crowds
        saturday day: calvin harris wet
        Saturday night: avicii xs will be big crowd
        sunday: switching hotels this day so probably checking out at 11am and ballys checkin is at 4pm so either checkout and leave bags bell desk go to wet or take bags down to ballys and go to encore beach
        sunday night: skrillex xs probably get bottle special

Comment

Looks like a a lot of fun. If you are looking to maximize partying you should ht a day club on Saturday and maybe switch your relaxing afternoon to Friday. Went to a day club on Friday and had a blast but apparently Saturday and Sundays are just that much better. Went on a club crawl two trips ago and wasn't a fan. It has its advantages such as an good ice breaker with the ladies on your bus and you get to see a few different clubs but it wasn't for me. If it's going to keep you buddy happy why not. Sunday night at Drais I believe you can get 2 vodkas for $600. If nightswim is happening at XS you can't really beat that party.

Comment

I've been on a few of the club crawls. They are hit and miss. It really depends on the people on the crawl with you. If you are lucky enough to get on one with a big group of woman, you are golden. It is much easier to strike up conversations and potentially hookup. That in my opinion is the only reason to do one. If you get with a dud group, then you overpaid for subpar clubs. Also, don't pay $80. Call them up, you should be able to negotiate that price in half.
            Vegas Trip count: 32

Comment

Agree with everything said in here.

Don't waste a weekend on a club crawl or resting.

Daytime:
              Saturday WR
              Sunday EBC

Night time:
              Wed Light
              Thurs Tryst (only because of value but omnia and Hakk will be busier and have the pick of the clientele)
              Fri-Sun: choose between omnia, Hakkasan and XS
              EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

Comment

I agree with everybody about the pub crawl, it's fun at your hometown but theres too much more fun to be had elsewhere in Vegas, skip it. I would also suggest having your chill day Friday as opposed to Saturday, I'd suggest Daylight Friday, you can get a cheap daybed F&B minimum and it will most likely be low key and relaxing, your right next door to it anyways. Then go off the next 48 hours, Sat & Sun is where its at.

Comment

Thank you all for the responses thus far....They are greatly appreciated.

Looks like I have some reworking of the itinerary to take care of. Who would be the best hosts to be in contact with for these suggestions?

Also should probably tell the group the bar crawl is off the list as I agree with all of your points thus far that we need to exploit Saturday for what it is (best day to really party).

Outside of the weekend what kind of bottle specials could I be looking at from different venues (who should i contact and how long in advance)?

Thank you all again!

Comment

Bobby Yeadon for XS & Tryst, he's great, using him again this year for same weekend - 2 venues (708) 714-0280

Thomas Gorman for Hakkasan, used him couple times, great to deal with he does other venues (702) 340-6498

Isaac "Kaz" Curry for Liquid but he can do any Light Group (now Hakkasan) venue - very fun guy - using this year for 4 or 5 venues (702) 900-6755
                    Last edited by Whiskey King; 02-21-2015, 02:50 PM.
                    Supporting Vegas annually for over a decade.
                    Jet(1 Oak), XS, Pure, Bank, Hakkasan, Light, Tryst, Chateau, Haze, Omnia, Marquee, Wet Republic, Liquid, DayLight, Bare, Drais' Beach....so far.
                    2015 trips - March 11th to 17th & April 5th to 14th.

Comment

Thank you for that information Whiskey King.

What's the general rule when contacting a host in relation to time before the trip? Or should I just contact them when I am there?

Thank you all again for the information!
                      Last edited by JayVaz; 02-22-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Whiskey King's contacts are all 1st party hosts not promoters, the distinction is important since etiquette differs greatly. Usually people contact hosts around 1-3 weeks before the trip. If you do it too early they don't have an idea of prices and too late makes you look more flaky.

Promoters on the other hand should be contacted around 2-3 days before getting into town. Too early and they don't have any info and are more likely to forget you even contacted them, too late and sometimes guest lists are already closed.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification, my apologies on using the promoter label for the hosts as hosts are what I am looking for.

I will definitely start to contact the hosts (perhaps 2 weeks out) in advance of the trip as you have suggested within those time frames.

Thanks again!

Comment

No problem! This is one of the few places to really learn about the scene besides being in Vegas. Takes awhile to get everything straight.

Comment

Sorry to bring more questions to this topic, but as the trip is now a little over 3 weeks away I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to post best hosts to contact for the following venues.

Hakkasan
                              Wet republic
                              Light
                              Xs
                              Encore beach club
                              Drais
                              Drais pool party

Still tweaking our plan and hoping I can start getting in contact with some people who can tell me what my options are by day.

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tonyyarddog2
                                Reply to EDC Weekend (5/16 - 5/19)
                                tonyyarddog2
                                Have a group of 4 looking to get a table at LIV Thurs (5/16) of EDC week (Dom Dolla X John Summit) 2 couples rn?looking for a few more to join to get...
                                05-09-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • Teenagentec
                                Reply to December Trip - Pool Party/Day Club
                                Teenagentec
                                Your December trip sounds like it's going to be a blast! I totally get wanting to make the most of your time in Miami, even if it's not scorching hot...
                                05-09-2024, 07:15 AM
                              • artedm
                                Reply to Memorial Day May 27
                                artedm
                                monday may 27
                                greg lopez - tao beach
                                amiri paul- matquee day
                                dj shift- wet republic
                                murphu kennedy- liquid
                                jt - dayligh...
                                05-09-2024, 06:50 AM
                              Working...