August 22 Late Arrival - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

August 22 Late Arrival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • August 22 Late Arrival

    I'm heading out to Vegas August 22-25 with my sister and two friends. We're all arriving pretty late Friday night (I fly in around 10:30PM...) to accommodate long flights and so we don't miss more work. We are all prepared to be going-out ready when we land (aside from throwing on our dresses & heels) so we should be ready by 12AM at the latest.

    We have a tentative plan for the rest of the weekend (Drais Beach Club Saturday, Light Saturday night, undecided on Sunday day but definitely XS Nightswim Sunday night) but I'm not sure what we should do that first night.

    Its Friday which is a big day for clubs so I'm not sure whether we should even toy with trying to get into one that late (usually guest list you have to be there before 11PM, although that can depend). So, any fun ideas of maybe smaller clubs to try out that may be easier to get into later in the evening, or even just lounges/bars that would be fun to try? Or suggestions on a bigger club that could work to get into later? I know Tiesto is at Hak that night so that seems like a recipe for standing in line forever...

    We go to Vegas quite a bit so I've done the big guys, Hakkasan, Wynn Properties, TAO, Light, Ghostbar, but not some of the smaller ones... Chateau, Rose. Rabbit. Lie., Beachers Madhouse, etc....

    Anyways, any help is much appreciated!! And suggestions for Sunday day party would be good as well

  • #2
    First off are you all girls? Some lists the price changes for guys after a certain time but is still free for girls.

    That's cutting it pretty close but there definitely are some options available. I'd just warn that any time you are cutting it that close to a guest list line closing you run the risk of a long wait or never getting in.

    Guest List Closing Times for Girls according to one listing service (again never guaranteed and subject to change)
    Tryst 11:30pm
    Tao 12am
    Body English 12am
    LAX 12am
    Ghostbar 2am

    Those are just some of the ones listed through one of the guest listing services I use, again they very well could be out of date but that at least gives you an idea of what could be possible, http://www.freevegasclubpasses.com/. Your best option probably would be Vip For Free, http://www.vipforfreelv.com/Reserve.html, and specifying a midnight pickup time. I've heard they can accommodate late arrivals if availability permits and they are a really awesome free service that I hope lasts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, yes we will be 4 girls

      I was thinking something like that may work, but like you suggest there is a chance even as girls it could take forever (I like coming way early so we rarely ever wait more than 15 min... and I like checkin' out the place before most people arrive!) so I'm not sure its worth the headache to try a big club when we have a really fun schedule in mind the rest of the weekend.

      The big clubs are all I know in Vegas, so I mostly wanted to see about creative ideas that may be more accessible that late yet still really fun!

      Comment


      • #4
        The good thing about Vip for Free is that sometimes instead of a traditional guest list they will do a free walk in where you skip all the lines, even the guest list line, so that could work out great especially with a late arrival. I've had the walk in experience at Light with Vip for Free and even a couple of drink tickets per girl and it worked out great. So I'd at least put in a reservation and if it turns out it won't work for that night it's no loss to you.

        Other options would be one of the many lounges and bars or perhaps even a show. I and many others on this forum recommend The Chandelier at the Cosmopolitan, it has 3 levels of varying atmosphere and noise level, along with actually unique cocktails. That specific night they have live music provided by Slim Jenkins till 12:30.

        Prior to the ending of Vegas Nocturne I'd wholeheartedly recommend Rose. Rabbit. Lie. specifically the midnight show and then the club afterward, but it's very unclear with the show now being cancelled how worthwhile that would be. I've been to Chateau and it was just very meh in comparison to pretty much any other venue I've been to in Vegas, I haven't been to Beacher's Madhouse so perhaps someone else can chime in about that option, although I'm relatively certain it isn't free.

        A final option would be a hosted walk in, where a host walks the 4 of you passed the line. This service is usually for the price of the cover + $20 per person, but for a group of 4 girls I would think you would have a chance of a lower price. Host contact info can be found throughout the forum.

        Comment


        • #5
          1st- you probably know most headline djs start around 1am.
          So that should give you plenty of time just depending on where your staying/trying to go.
          For example if your at mgm and trying to go to hakkasan, at wynn and trying to go xs etc.
          If your staying downtown and trying to hit light then its going to take a lot of time but still doable.

          With presale tickets you should be fine to xs or hak.
          If your trying to do guestlist and your staying in a hotel far from the club its probably not worth the headache. Its a friday night.
          Realize cab line at airport might be long, traffic might be bad, checking into hotel might take a while, then getting ready, then getting to where your trying to go. Then you hit the general admission/guestlist line.

          Comment

          Latest Topics

          Collapse

          There are no results that meet this criteria.

          Working...
          X