Tips for Newbie - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Tips for Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips for Newbie

    I've been to Vegas plenty of times, but have gone clubbing only once at Marquee. It was great! I go clubbing often in LA where I live.

    1. I'm going alone for 8/28 - 8/30 so a table is not an option. As long as I go to wanttickets.com and buy my tickets I can get in to the clubs with minimal wait correct? If I go to say Marquee or XS, will there be a clear sign for ticket holders? From what I remember, it was a mad house last time I went and you couldn't tell where the heck to go.

    2. I will probably err on the safe side and wear leather dress shoes. However, when clubbing I prefer good ol' chuck taylors. My dress shoes are expensive so I hate wearing them in clubs... Would I be risking it by wearing Chucks?

    3. I'll probably go clubbing only one night - Friday. I've been to Marquee and was thinking of going there again. Should I instead check out XS or Hakkasan? I prefer hip hop but I also like EDM.

  • #2
    1. Pre-sale tickets are usually fast and without issue, especially if you arrive early. The lines are typically clearly marked but if they are not, ask a non-busy bouncer and they will point you in the right direction.

    2. Do not wear anything other than dress shoes. Plenty of people make it into clubs with non-dress shoes, but I've seen people get denied entry based solely on not wearing dress shoes before, definitely not worth the potential hassle. If you are worried about getting your nice dress shoes scuffed and stepped on, I suggest buying a cheap pair of dress shoes at someplace like Target, practically no one is going to see your feet in a large club anyway.

    3. Skrillex at XS for $35.50, Thomas Gold at Light for $44.99, Above & Beyond at Hakkasan for $62.32, and Dash Berlin for $40 at Marquee. I'd go with Skrillex at XS since he's probably going to draw the best, biggest crowd and he's surprisingly the cheapest pre-sale right now, but Skrillex isn't for everyone. I'd probably prefer Dash Berlin at Marquee to the others.

    Comment


    • #3
      Lots of people are going 8/28-8/30 (use the "Get Connected") section to try and coordinate table expenditures!

      You might be able to hop on a table for $200-400 which would be well worth it (in my opinion) since you haven't been in a while.

      Tickets will be easy. Clear defined lines and you will wait 10-15 mins, maybe a bit more.

      You will definitely risk it with the shoes (but less risky with a table). You might be able to get by but it's up to how the doorman feels that night and I don't like to give that much control.

      XS will be a good time but Skrillex is pure EDM and will not venture too near any kind of hip hop sound. But XS will have pretty ladies so if you're aiming for that then XS or Hak will suffice.
      "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

      Go BIG then go HOME

      Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

      July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
      June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
      November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
      July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
      March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you guys. I will buy a ticket in the next couple of days. I just need to decide where to go. I've been to Marquee. But if Skrillex does draw the best crowd and fine ladies I will go there.

        I'd rather do this trip alone. I find my game is better that way. I just had to politely turn down a friend who wanted to tag along on my trip but he doesn't drink, hates clubbing, etc. He likes gambling and doing other stuff like visiting Red Rock Canyon. There's a time and place for that, but not for this trip. I need to party haha.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm trying to determine what I'm going to do on Thursday night 8/28. I am very close to purchasing a pre-sale ticket to Hakkasan with Steve Aoki. I've already got a Friday night ticket to XS with Skrillex. I'm the type who likes bigger clubs, large and crazy crowds, meeting lots of girls, and not as picky about music if the crowd is great. Keep in mind I've only been to Marquee before.

          I'm staying at Flamingo (yeah yeah I know). Drais is right there. Other Thursday options I've heard of are Tao and Tryst. A part of me wants to just wing it and see if I can get into a club through GA. What are your expert opinions?

          Comment


          • #6
            whatever you do- don't do ga- always the worst
            For thursday- do vipfree should be free entry to drais/hak/maybe encorebeach night
            go presale if you are 100%

            Comment


            • #7
              I suggest buying a cheap pair of dress shoes at someplace like Target, practically no one is going to see your feet in a large club anyway.
              This is what I did, albeit from Kohls.

              Comment


              • #8
                XS recently started combining the presale line with GA so get there early if thats your choice or be prepared to handshake a host $20 to skip the line.
                2016 MM, MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider), NYE
                2015 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider Supershow), NYE
                2014 March Madness, MDW, EDC, LDW, Sept (Fight), Sept (Lowrider)
                2013 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider), Dec
                2012 May (Fight), MDW, LDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider)

                Comment


                • #9
                  According to Yelp, you don't even have to locate a bouncer to slip $20 anymore, there is a specific line to pay $20 to move up, even with your already bought pre-sale tix.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  There are no results that meet this criteria.

                  Working...
                  X