What clubs can I take my GoPro to? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

What clubs can I take my GoPro to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What clubs can I take my GoPro to?

    I want to make an epic video when I return frm Vegas. From the morning flight to the departure. I'd like to get some stuff inside the clubs, but Ive seen a lot of hit or miss reviews on here. So to break it down, I'll be at Hakassan, 1Oak, Drais, Marquee, and Light. Dayclubs, I plan on Wet Republic and Liquid. I'd rather know in advance so I'm not embarassed at the front door and would deny my party entry.
    Excalibur January 2008
    Treasure Island June 2008
    MGM Grand June 2013
    MGM Grand June 2014
    NYNY February 2015

    Upcoming:
    The Mirage EDC 2015

  • #2
    Not Liquid, and for completeness sake even though you may not be going to these other places, not EBC or Bank. At one place they noticed I had it once I was already in the club and said I had to check it in at the front desk of the hotel and get it back later or if you just tip em they will let you stash is in someone else's purse in your party if you promise not to use it again. Not sure why they get such a bad rap b/c cell phones and other cameras seem allowed, but those are the rules to play by.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've used it inside XS three times, LIGHT twice, TAO beachclub once.

      Had no issues at any location. I think if you are nice enough and (especially if you have a table) you should be ok at most places except i think some dayclubs.

      It is very odd that they don't let you bring in something that is (technically) very inferior to a new samsung phone. I don't think whoever made the rules was very familiar with the specifications/abilities of certain technology.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gisE8iV7xls

      ^ Filmed entirely on GoPro

      Going back end of July but bringing a $30,000 camera with me instead to make a truly epic video ha.

      Good luck on yours! Post the trip report in video form.
      "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

      Go BIG then go HOME

      Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

      July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
      June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
      November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
      July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
      March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, I'll def post it when I get a good edit. Looking forward to it. I guess I'll just leave it in the room for day clubs part.
        Excalibur January 2008
        Treasure Island June 2008
        MGM Grand June 2013
        MGM Grand June 2014
        NYNY February 2015

        Upcoming:
        The Mirage EDC 2015

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Helix1500 View Post
          Not Liquid, and for completeness sake even though you may not be going to these other places, not EBC or Bank. At one place they noticed I had it once I was already in the club and said I had to check it in at the front desk of the hotel and get it back later or if you just tip em they will let you stash is in someone else's purse in your party if you promise not to use it again. Not sure why they get such a bad rap b/c cell phones and other cameras seem allowed, but those are the rules to play by.
          Yea, don't bring to pools, most don't allow filming and the big pools make you dump bags, etc.. For clubs, it's easy to take in since none really search you like the pools do. So clubs yes, pools no.
          Isaac Kaz Curry
          Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
          Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
          Facebook: kaztheaviator

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kazflair View Post
            Yea, don't bring to pools, most don't allow filming and the big pools make you dump bags, etc.. For clubs, it's easy to take in since none really search you like the pools do. So clubs yes, pools no.
            Do you have any insider info on why no "filming" yet we can snapchat/instagram/facebook like mad?

            In order to get a ridiculous video from my GoPro to the internet i need to take a lot more steps than just using my cell phone.
            "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

            Go BIG then go HOME

            Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

            July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
            June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
            November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
            July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
            March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

            Comment

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            There are no results that meet this criteria.

            Working...
            X