"Taking Care" of a Host - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

"Taking Care" of a Host

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Taking Care" of a Host

I frequent these forums often but haven't seen this come up.

On our last trip we decided to wing the last night. I hit up a host and he said he could get my group (3 guys/3 girls) into Hakkasan. It was Sunday night with Above & Beyond spinning.

What is the proper amount to tip a host in a situation like this? It was late, I think around 1am. Tickets I think that night were $40 for guys and $20 for girls. Is it up to our discretion or is there a certain amount per head that is the norm?

On a Sunday you can usually get guest list- free entry which ends at like 12am
    Other then that its up to you

Comment

I would have given $100 for 6 people. Given its sunday that should have also taken care of cover.
      Jose Arriaga
      VIP Host

Facebook » Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by DeX View Post
        I would have given $100 for 6 people. Given its sunday that should have also taken care of cover.
        I've got shakes already arranged with host for nightclubs...but for day clubs, im not sure what to give the host... im doing a cabana this friday at MDC and Lilypad on Saturday at EBC, 6 guys... any suggestions on how much to tip?

Comment

Originally posted by AxelFoley View Post
          I've got shakes already arranged with host for nightclubs...but for day clubs, im not sure what to give the host... im doing a cabana this friday at MDC and Lilypad on Saturday at EBC, 6 guys... any suggestions on how much to tip?
          I would say anything from 100-300 is average.
          Jose Arriaga
          VIP Host

Facebook » Instagram

Comment

I have been wondering about this as well...

In a few weeks we are doing a Daybed at Wet on Friday for Hot 100, planning an a hundy, Friday night we are doing a table at Gold Lounge, I have a free comp through my vegas, also planning on a hundy. Daybed at Light on Saturday, same thing, hundy, and then Saturday night at Marquee we have a low minimum, I am assuming its a Library, outside, or hip hop room so I am thinking 200-300 to see if he would put us in an empty dance floor table.

Anyone think those are too high / too low?

Comment

The marquee situation sounds like it is unlikely to happen. The otheds depend on the min spend I guess

Comment

Sat at Marquee there will be no empty DF tables, and even if there were, they would be going to the next highest min with the best shake. Which would probably be a 4k-6k min with 500-1000 shake. Your 200-300 shake might get you patio, instead of library or hip hop.
                Blackout Artist
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                  I have been wondering about this as well...

In a few weeks we are doing a Daybed at Wet on Friday for Hot 100, planning an a hundy, Friday night we are doing a table at Gold Lounge, I have a free comp through my vegas, also planning on a hundy. Daybed at Light on Saturday, same thing, hundy, and then Saturday night at Marquee we have a low minimum, I am assuming its a Library, outside, or hip hop room so I am thinking 200-300 to see if he would put us in an empty dance floor table.

Anyone think those are too high / too low?
                  do you by chance mean empty dancefloor table in the library/hip hop/ outside?

Hip hop room isnt big, most tables surround the df anyway
                  library has no dancefloor that i can remember.
                  outside does have a small dancing area.

If you mean an empty dancefloor table inside. no way. there wont be one and the mins on saturdays start at 2k+ and thats for cloud bar/backwall
                  Jose Arriaga
                  VIP Host

Facebook » Instagram

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• OneStopShop
                    OneStopShop
                    I can hook u guys up on bottle service if ure interested.
                    04-14-2024, 09:31 AM
                  • OneStopShop
                    Tao beach hookups?
                    OneStopShop
                    Looking for table shares? Last minute Deals? HMU......
                    04-14-2024, 09:27 AM
                  • OneStopShop
                    Reply to TAO Beach rules etc
                    OneStopShop
                    They have those things in the bathroom. They may let a few of those things in. If it?s not opened. But if not ure gonna have to toss it!
                    04-14-2024, 09:25 AM
                  Working...
                  X