Bottle service and giving away drinks - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Bottle service and giving away drinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottle service and giving away drinks

So my friends and I are having a semi-friendly debate on this matter. Their argument is that we have plenty of booze to give out and by giving away the booze we get females to chat up the night with. My argument is that if we give away our booze we have to pay for more booze and we can just as easily get females to come to talk without giving away all the vodka. Additionally I tell them that we don't have the booze to give away based on the budget that they want to stick to.

Last trip at Light I went to go socialize with other tables and when I came back about 30 minutes later, they had drank/given out all our vodka (1 magnum and 1 regular bottle). The only plus was I was able to secure drinks from other tables in that time, but this pissed me off greatly.

I keep telling the guys that we need to set hard rules for the bottles in that we only give drinks to other tables (who can reciprocate) or people we've been chatting with for a while. I am not opposed to giving out drinks, but anytime a group of girls comes up to the table the guys are all like let me be bartender and pour a stupidly strong drink.

I wouldn't care if we all could afford to get a 5k min table and we had like 7+ bottles of booze for 5 guys. Then that's about getting the party going. But when you are 5 guys and the group only wants to spend 2k total and you have 2 bottles for 5 guys, that can go crazy fast. Worst part is the guys who cannot afford to go above budget are the same ones who are giving it away.

How's everyone else handle this stuff?
    March 2007 - Venetian | December 2010 - Flamingo | December 2011 - Palms | November 2012 - Cosmo | November 2013 - Mandalay Bay | June 2014 - PH

I hear yah buddy - Don't let those pirates take your drinks! lol

What we usually do is we bring out 2-3 bottles at a time, don't bring everything out at the same time, or you can go with Plan B.

http://www.amazon.com/Tantalus-Liqui...or+Bottle+Lock

Keeps Hooch out of the Wrong Hands.

Comment

this is common

So first off you need to know your crew....for mine when in Vegas its half a bottle GG 500ml per guy. I know this is the amount that my guys each consume that will have them feeling nice...but not incoherent . never give drinks to ladies who don't even introduce themselves . rely on your actual game and charm rather than using your vodka to attract ladies. We are personally more protective of the bottles early in the night and kinda who cares late. Making drink tips include full ice...light pours. And my favorite....full ice juice first then the vodka last on top kinda like a floater with no straw . they take a sip and go ohhhh this is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardReborn View Post

What we usually do is we bring out 2-3 bottles at a time, don't bring everything out at the same time, or you can go with Plan B.

Oh man that is hilarious. I would love to see that at a club sometime.
        Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by RichardReborn View Post

Holy shit I might buy those just to piss the guys off.

Originally posted by BWD View Post
          So first off you need to know your crew....for mine when in Vegas its half a bottle GG 500ml per guy. I know this is the amount that my guys each consume that will have them feeling nice...but not incoherent . never give drinks to ladies who don't even introduce themselves . rely on your actual game and charm rather than using your vodka to attract ladies. We are personally more protective of the bottles early in the night and kinda who cares late. Making drink tips include full ice...light pours. And my favorite....full ice juice first then the vodka last on top kinda like a floater with no straw . they take a sip and go ohhhh this is strong.
          Yes that's what I basically budget for is half a bottle per guy (based on the budget they set). I have no problem using my game, but the guys, man I swear they are chicken as all get out when we get to the club for some reason.
          March 2007 - Venetian | December 2010 - Flamingo | December 2011 - Palms | November 2012 - Cosmo | November 2013 - Mandalay Bay | June 2014 - PH

Comment

It's also awkward when there is a mix of couples and single buddies who split bottle service. As a girl, I pay in equal as the guys when we get tables. Knowing I drink way less, I understand that it's just the way it is. But it's very uncomfortable when the single guys use the booze to draw girls into the table/cabana. It's different if some cutie who is outgoing, and actually wants to hang out with him. But, usually it's just some crabby bitch and her 3 mute friends. They stay long enough to drink all our booze and bail on him first chance they get. It's uncomfortable for everyone. And he's on the hook to replenish the bottles. But, what can you do?

Comment

Well there's many perspectives on this...

A) tell your cheap ass friends they need to pay more. you're 100% right, the guys on the budget are usually the ones who act the most lavishly when it comes to the bottles.

B) pace out your liquor! i usually stagger the bottles and have them come out two at a time. tell the waitress that you are the ones calling it, so your thirsty friends aren't. the tip BWD described works perfectly too..always top off the drink with the liquor, so it tastes "stronger"

C) the girls...most girls that come to your table will take a drink and leave right away. if you see a girl at the bar area WITHOUT a drink, that's a red flag. If you approach that girl, and she goes "oh do you want to meet my girlfriends" that's another red flag for you. Avoid the bottle rats, plenty of them exist! If you meet a girl and she spends some time with you (talking, dancing, etc) then bring her to the table. gotta be smart!
              Next trip: ???

Comment

get better friends, never use the bottles to woo women. The bottles are used to socialize, 1 drink as an introduction but if you don't feel the chemistry change it up. Basically the booze wont get you the woman, only you can do that. Sucks being used by women...lol.
                May 23-26 MDW 2014 Palazzo
                April 2013 PH
                December 2013 Wynn
                June 2012 Mandalay Bay
                October 2012 Bellagio

Never sacrifice fashion in Vegas and I never thought Vegas was cool until I went.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaint View Post
                  It's also awkward when there is a mix of couples and single buddies who split bottle service. As a girl, I pay in equal as the guys when we get tables. Knowing I drink way less, I understand that it's just the way it is. But it's very uncomfortable when the single guys use the booze to draw girls into the table/cabana. It's different if some cutie who is outgoing, and actually wants to hang out with him. But, usually it's just some crabby bitch and her 3 mute friends. They stay long enough to drink all our booze and bail on him first chance they get. It's uncomfortable for everyone. And he's on the hook to replenish the bottles. But, what can you do?
                  Worst thing is when guys in your cabana invite a UNLV basketball player to join... you can kiss your liquor goodbuy. I would have preferred the crabby bitch.. haha Still had a great time ! #XSNightswimEDC
                  Trip # 11:
                  Halloween 2015, Encore

Comment

It's a tough thing to handle.

If you're in charge you will feel obligated to be around the table at all times to keep watch.

Your waitress will most likely be pushing you to drink/take shots from your bottles as well. More booze the better for them.

At LIGHT in march i asked my waitress to bring one out at 11 and one at 12 and she brought them both out at 10:30....

I didn't want to make a fuss and I knew she heard me. When you dont have a large minimum you have to just go with the flow.

I ordered a round of beers to start (4 guys total) and we just went from there.

Tips I've gathered from other threads on this topic.

- Pay all in cash and only keep your card for shots/beers. Make sure to hit your minimum ASAP so you can be done with the agreement.
                    - Have one of your buddies play co-commander and keep watch making sure alcohol isnt frivolously spent
                    - Try and stagger bottles for say 11 pm and 12 pm etc (depending on how many bottles)
                    - Make sure to tell waitress your name is on the table/bill and only you can order stuff
                    - Tell your buddies in the beginning to have extra $ on them and be ready to drop more if they are having a great time
                    - Drink slowly and just take in the environment/event
                    - I like to interrogate everyone i bring back to my table. The smart ones see it and play along. The ones there for wrong reasons get offended. I am good at detecting lies and their stories usually fail to add up a few minutes in.
                    - Hide one bottle under the table if it's unopened.
                    - Sleep for 3-4 hours prior, eat a big meal and pre-game hard so it can last in to the night.
                    -
                    "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
                    June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
                    November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
                    July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
                    March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

Comment

Originally posted by Kinar100 View Post
                      - I like to interrogate everyone i bring back to my table. The smart ones see it and play along. The ones there for wrong reasons get offended. I am good at detecting lies and their stories usually fail to add up a few minutes in.
                      Elaborate on this, please.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
                        Elaborate on this, please.
                        I come from an IT background (which makes me think way too logically about everything) and my conversations usually elevate rather quickly past small talk in to more interesting topics. Usually revolving around their goals, the club and the workings of it/cash flow in it and their thoughts on the whole socialite experience. I read a lot of self investing literature and when you find someone who is pretty open minded (which reading that stuff helps with) they tend to have interesting views all sometimes very normal things.

A lot of girls don't know what to say when you get past small talk. I feel a lot of the time they weren't expecting it. I as a guy spent a lot of money to sit at that table and the girl spent a lot of time and possibly money to look like she does. She is offering something (her presence and possibly more) and I am offering the potential of a drink, my table and possibly more.

I word my questions to try and get them to present an interesting view on the club dynamic, vegas atmosphere, life potential etc. Anything that is intriguing to me. If they can formulate an educated response, one worthy of analysis then I know they are there for real. This usually immediately opens them up because I am interested in the smart things they said rather than what they look like and they can stay there the whole night if they wanted.

All my friends are nerds and gamers/artists and I found that they are for the most part terrible wingmen. So while trying to lure the exotic 9's and 10's (who probably can only small talk) is out of the picture, I take a different approach hoping to get the girls that are educated and good looking. It's a tough gig sometimes but luckily the table+booze+dressing nice and being friendly gives me an upper hand to an introduction.

It's the same tactic I use on dating websites. You look at your competition then write a profile true to your self but also with hooks in it that will draw a crowd. After you have completed it, it kind of just runs and you fish for numbers and dates lol. After reading hundreds and hundreds of girls profiles that are clones of each other (I'm from OC and there must be a 24x7 factory around here pumping out 7's that love hiking, beaching, dancing, netflixing and sushing) I realized that there is no point in the small talk really. You can find out who a person is so quickly by seeing how critically they can think about subject matter.

I don't know if that answered your question.

TLR

Ask interesting questions, depending on what answer you get move on or know you've found a good one. Almost never fails. I haven't seen too many girls that could fake a well thought out viewpoint on the nightclub business model or etiquette and protocol for getting a table.
                        "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
                        June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
                        November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
                        July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
                        March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

Comment

I love this thread. Most of my local friends are CHEAP as f*** and those are the guys that pour bottles to bottle ratchets like water. I appreciate the lady in here from Portland who can pay her way too. A lot of my local female friends go to Las Vegas thinking they can scam liquor from guys; that's why I don't go with them.

I know they're your friends, but seriously to save your budget and save your mind from being pissed off later on in the night. Take a stand early. I say f*** 'em (your friends) if they get pissed. You're doing it for their own good.
                          FO SHO.
                          Originally posted by redbullvodka
                          you're not ditching them, they're ditching you by not going.
                          Originally posted by kimball
                          You want to be at the club where girls want to be... not where guys get good bottle deals.

Comment

Lololol. How about when your friends get lost and claim the neighboring cabana as their own, including mixing drinks. Classic. Don't know how many times we ran out of bottles, but it was still flowing as the sun came up. We had a quality crew that night.
                            Originally posted by griffon909 View Post
                            Worst thing is when guys in your cabana invite a UNLV basketball player to join... you can kiss your liquor goodbuy. I would have preferred the crabby bitch.. haha Still had a great time ! #XSNightswimEDC

Comment

Kinar100 - you sound like a real barrel of laughs

Do you have much luck with your approach or are you just happy to have a woman speaking to you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X