$3000 Table Minimum? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

$3000 Table Minimum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3000 Table Minimum?

Just a query on whether it's worth it. Me & 4 friends (all guys) have reserved a table at Hakkasan in the pavilion for a $3000 minimum spend on Fri 9th May to see Calvin Harris. Is it worth doing it or should we not bother? There are cheaper tables but not on the same floor as where he's playing and with different music! We want to go big on one night but it's quite a bit more expensive than expected, especially with all the extra charges on top. We've never been Vegas before so just after some advice. Thanks!!!

You realise a $3k minimum is about $4.5k after tax/grat, tips, handshakes etc?

Thats alot of money for a table not even in the main room mate.

So the "other floors" are Mezzanine which looks over the Main room. Ling Ling which is the hip hop room, completely seperate, and the pavilion which is off the side of the dance floor

Comment

if it takes you more than a day for the four of you to collectively earn $5,000 (how much it will come to after shakes / fees / tips) then it is not worth it. Thats usually my rule of thumb in Vegas. If you have a job where you made a big sale and hit a couple thousand commission, go for it. Don't blow half a weeks pay on something you will no doubt regret in the morning.

Comment

Yeah we worked it out to be about 900$ each which like you say is steep!! Other cheaper options are $2k minimum in ling ling or $1.5k minimum for a table anywhere in the club. Or we just buy tickets? Think we will scrap the $3k pavilion table. Is it worth a table at all or better of getting one on another night elsewhere. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
          if it takes you more than a day for the four of you to collectively earn $5,000 (how much it will come to after shakes / fees / tips) then it is not worth it. Thats usually my rule of thumb in Vegas. If you have a job where you made a big sale and hit a couple thousand commission, go for it. Don't blow half a weeks pay on something you will no doubt regret in the morning.
          What a weird rule...
          Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by José Clayton View Post
            Just a query on whether it's worth it. Me & 4 friends (all guys) have reserved a table at Hakkasan in the pavilion for a $3000 minimum spend on Fri 9th May to see Calvin Harris. Is it worth doing it or should we not bother? There are cheaper tables but not on the same floor as where he's playing and with different music! We want to go big on one night but it's quite a bit more expensive than expected, especially with all the extra charges on top. We've never been Vegas before so just after some advice. Thanks!!!
            No, it is not worth it. I think it is only worth it if there is a much bigger group than 5 such as 10-12.
            2006 - Bellagio (7 Nights)
            2011 - MGM (7 Nights)
            2012 - MGM (7 Nights)
            2014 - Cosmopolitan, MGM Signature, Encore (21 Nights)
            2015 - Cosmopolitan (10 Nights) - 26/6 - 3/6

Comment

who did you contact that gave you that quote? I would have guessed the 3k to put you in the mezzanine.
              Jose Arriaga
              VIP Host

Facebook » Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbru View Post
                What a weird rule...
                Agreed. Vegas is expensive. You will spend far more than would be rational in any other city. But if you are in Vegas spend the cash to ensure you have the best time. Vegas is NOT the place to be rational about money.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                  Huh???5k among 4 in a day earned is 25k a week or $1.25 million annually (2 weeks vacation) among the 4 or $312,500 annually each. 3k is a drop in the bucket.
                  Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Originally posted by kp3205 View Post
                    Huh???5k among 4 in a day earned is 25k a week or $1.25 million annually (2 weeks vacation) among the 4 or $312,500 annually each. 3k is a drop in the bucket.
                    I'm with you here. If I made $300k/year, I'd go twice per year and pay for all the tables and such myself.
                    Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

Comment

Believe me if I made that much money I would pay for the lot every night I'm there, unfortunately I don't. That price/table was quoted to us by Rebeccah Gannon who has been pretty good helping me get things sorted, prices quoted are:
                      Friday May 9th with Calvin Harris
                      *$1500 beverage minimum for a table anywhere in the venue
                      *$2000 beverage minimum for a Prime Dancefloor Table in the LLC
                      *$3000 beverage minimum for a pavilion Table on the 4th Level
                      *$7500 beverage minimum for a Main Room Table on the 4th Level
                      *$10,000 beverage minimum for a Prime Dancefloor Table
                      *$4000 beverage minimum for a Mezzanine Table on the 5th Level

Comment

Calvin is great! But those are some high prices + 40% tip
                        If you just want to check the club out go presale and get on the dance floor!

Originally posted by José Clayton View Post
                        Believe me if I made that much money I would pay for the lot every night I'm there, unfortunately I don't. That price/table was quoted to us by Rebeccah Gannon who has been pretty good helping me get things sorted, prices quoted are:
                        Friday May 9th with Calvin Harris
                        *$1500 beverage minimum for a table anywhere in the venue
                        *$2000 beverage minimum for a Prime Dancefloor Table in the LLC
                        *$3000 beverage minimum for a pavilion Table on the 4th Level
                        *$7500 beverage minimum for a Main Room Table on the 4th Level
                        *$10,000 beverage minimum for a Prime Dancefloor Table
                        *$4000 beverage minimum for a Mezzanine Table on the 5th Level

Comment

MDW, you couldn't pay me to GA at Hak.
                          Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
                          mAyOD 5/16-5/22
                          Late Summer July-August

Comment

I agree with Arte. No need to blow that type of money on Calvin.
                            Last edited by kp3205; 05-02-2014, 05:24 AM.
                            Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

My mate got a reply similar to Rebecca - this "anywhere in the venue" rubbish! Its Ling Ling isnt it. Poxy service that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X