BS tips when you're the one holding the $ - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

BS tips when you're the one holding the $

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS tips when you're the one holding the $

Lately I have been convincing my group of bromigos to save up and splurge in Vegas every now and then. None of them are at the point yet (besides myself) where they can be held responsible for the entire budget/night/well being. That falls to me and with a sigh, i accept the responsibility.

So I am reaching out asking for advice on how to manage my group/BS to be most efficient and safe as possible.

My first time coordinating/reserving a table was at XS this last January. I got a pretty decent deal and was able to create a fun and memorable night for myself and my friends (9 of us). I did though constantly run in to issues where they tried to order more bottles, bring tons of random people (either singular girls or massive packs) back to the table to drink and become almost too rowdy to handle.

I have trimmed my group down and will be going with 4-6 guys this time that I trust more.

I am hoping to reserve a table at LIGHT on the mez level for a minimum of 1-1.5k (shooting for 1 to be safe but will probably push past 1.5 as the night goes on). In order to attain the above I will need to be there at 10:00 PM with my group. That leaves a rather large gap to the main event and the hour or two during the headliner.

So I ask.

In what kind of time frame/order should I be steadily building the money i've collected to reach my minimum.

My fear is that my friends burst through 1-2 bottles (which would be are maximum most likely @ 500+ per) before Sebastian Ingrosso even gets on and then we are asked to spend more. End of world, no. Will put a small damper on the night, sure.

Should we start with beer/shots between 10-11:30ish, pick up our first bottle around 11:30-12:00 and then another around 12:45-1:00, make it last till 2:30pm and then finish the night out?

I know they want to bring girls back and adventure out but it's my credit card and name on the line and I am very cautious when it comes to that.

If my friends get a bit rowdy and are spoken to by security, do i tip security and try to calm it myself. (Last time my buddy got thrown out for wandering in to another table too many times lol...)

(Sorry for the long post, i like to talk)

- Evan
    "The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there"

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

July 24-26th COY Presents - Return of the King - Recap Video
    June 18th-21th - Filming EDC
    November 2014 - COY Presents - Turnt Up
    July 2014 COY Presents - Vegas like we don't care - Recap Video
    March 2014COY Presents - GoPro or GoHome - Recap Video

Ah, the adventures of leading the table. Since your card is on the table the first thing you should do is make sure that the server knows you're the only one who can order. EVERYTHING, gets approved by you. You should tip security at the beginning of the night. I'd let your friends know you have two bottles, if they blow through them then you control whether more bottles come OR they pony up more cash.

As for rowdy friends and more girls than you want, security becomes your best friend. Not much you can do if your friend keeps bugging another table though. Just remind your friends how they would feel if someone started to horn in on your space uninvited.

Leading a table can actually put a damper on your fun if your crew gets out of control, but it's worth it if everyone understands how the night has to go.
    Vegas trips

Too many to list

Next Trips
    mAyOD 5/16-5/22
    Late Summer July-August

Comment

This is a tough spot to be in. While I wasn't in charge of the money after we sat down for the night, I did learn of things that my friends were doing that pissed me off. Similar to you, hordes of girls coming to drink my booze. As ccc said make sure that the waitress knows exactly who can and cannot order more booze. Make sure your buddies know that if they order something, it's paid for RIGHT THEN. Express this to your waitress as well.

I also tell my friends NO GIVING AWAY BOOZE, but that fails very often. The simplest way to solve this is to tip security extra and explain to them how your friends are awesome at giving away your booze and that's not cool. Also explain this to the waitress and runner. One time I told our waitress that she was the only one to pour drinks and to "fake pour" for the girls. The girls basically got soda with a splash of vodka while we got 1-2 shots per drink.

But as I said, the biggest thing is telling your buddies to stop giving out drinks. This isn't college where you can give out 50 drinks and the bartab is only $100. This is Vegas, where 50 drinks runs you $1000.
      March 2007 - Venetian | December 2010 - Flamingo | December 2011 - Palms | November 2012 - Cosmo | November 2013 - Mandalay Bay | June 2014 - PH

Comment

Yikes! I'm either very lucky or my friends are just afraid of me. I always end up in charge of the table (mostly up to this point it's been because I'm the only one with a credit card that can handle it), and we don't really have these kinds of issues. It helps that we are girls and not inviting ANYONE to our table lol. But I agree with everyone else said, security and your waitress will REALLY be good assets here. And I would make it clear that if they get in trouble, it's their problem. Or maybe designate another friend as the person who has to deal with it. Generally, though, if you've tipped well already, they are nicer to you.
        I'm not bitchy, I'm just drawn that way.

Comment

If I were you, id make sure to collect everyones share in cash at the beginning of the trip. One or two people that can't make it day of will shoot everyones costs higher and thats no fun. All in with 3 bottles (1.5k min) should be like $3000 total... so get about 300-325 per person if you have 9 people.

You can even order all of your bottles at the beginning, cash out, and have the waitress only bring one after the other so that way you don't accidentally go way over budget.
          June 2010-Luxor
          May 2011-Luxor
          MDW 2012 - Planet Hollywood
          LDW 2012 - Bill's Gamblin Hall [RIP]
          MDW 2013 - Planet Hollywood
          September 2013 - Fight Weekend - Luxor
          June 2014 - EDC - Flamingo

Comment

Terrific advice guys gal(s)! I did not know I could use the waitress/server like that.

Can I ask them to not pour drinks and just let me handle it?

So when I arrive, I have the table for good as long as I hit my minimum? Is there a point where I need to start getting close to hitting that?

Can we just sit there, chill and drink beers for a while?

If i tip well can i askkkkkk for a 1k min? Being polite + handshake factor at all in to that lol? That extra $800 or so with the additional bottle is heavy.

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

Comment

I always end up being the lead on organizing tables.... every time. I feel your pain if your buddies are giving away all of your booze. It's a lot of pressure being in charge. I have three small strategies that have helped out immensely. Some of it has already been stated.

I always collect cash from all of my friends in the hotel room before we leave for the club. I collect enough cash for: the number of bottles that we agree upon, Redbull, all tips (incl. security and host and service), taxes, and I add a $300 buffer. I NEVER pay on credit. I always pay cash, and I cash out immediately. They bring all of the bottles usually at once. It sends a message to your buddies that is "what you see is what you get". People tend to be more aware of the supply this way, as opposed to thinking there are endless drinks.

I also designate one of my friends as the "accountant." While I hold the money, my accountant will basically double count all of the money before I give it away to the waitress. It gets more people involved in the money aspect, it spreads some of the responsibility, which is good when you are dealing with thousands of dollars. Also, anytime anyone asks me about buying more, I get to say "I have to ask my accountant" - for some reason, I find it sorta funny to say.

On a few occasions, I have ordered a dozen Coronas in addition to the bottles at the start of the night. This slows down the drinking dramatically because people like to drink beer to start. Also, It makes your table look more full and busy.

That's about it. I hope you have a great time.

Comment

I think you're worrying too much man!

If your mates wanna order more bottle after going through 2, then go for it. They surely realise that it costs, right!?

FYI bottles at Light are $650 not $500

I also think youre doing yourself out of a better spot by only getting a 2 bottle minimum, youre gonna go over that.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with most of this. I'm usually forced to be the "responsible" one and usually the one running the show.

I agree with the other suggestions pay cash and close-out at the beginning. Before you guys start drinking make sure everyone knows what's included in the night out and ANYTHING extra would be for each person to pony up. Note that I say before drinking, not before the club because most of my friends hit it pretty hard before we even leave the hotel. Also, utilizing the service staff (waitress/security/runner) also helps with peace of mind.

I like the idea of having an "accountant" type of guy - so that it doesn't solely lie on you to make sure your group either 1) doesn't hang you out to dry way over-spending or 2) doesn't continually give away your drinks. One time I had a friend of a friend try to give drinks out to every person he saw guy or girl. Luckily very early in the night he was getting removed from the place for throwing up in the bathroom and I didn't have to worry about him the rest of the night (like I said friend of a friend that nobody seems to like).
                  If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it! That being said, it's Vegas and doesn't hurt to try!

Planning
                  2014 - March 13-16 - Bachelor Party
                  2014 - June 5th - 9th (maybe) - Big 30.

Comment

More great advice. The accountant idea is solid and allowing another member of my squad to share the responsibility sounds good. I tried that last time but picked the wrong candidates and they kept hiding the bottles lol...

Ordering coronas at the start and just chilling for a bit sounds like a good plan as well. Sip on some beers, maybe a mixed drink. Has anyone ever gotten the signature mixed drink carafe things?

When you say Bottles are now $650, do you mean all in $650? The menu shows $510 for the lowest end.

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you since I am planning a big event as well and this has crossed my mind. Great tips so far. Big question is how well do you know these guys and their tendencies? Seems like you know them pretty well and you are going to need to be organized (talking to the waitress and security). You have to figure it is in the best interest of everyone to keep them informed. No waitress is going to want to deal with a headache of having a bunch of drunk people scrounge up money, or have you ripping her a new one for a bill. Tipping off security about certain tendencies in your group is a lot easier than dealing with a drunk of drunk randoms once the issue is full blown. If your card is on the line and you know it is going to be a pain to get more money out of your friends but they have no problem spending yours then be as strict as you need to be.

Great idea on the accountant.

Best of luck with the event.

Comment

Yea. Big headache just getting people to understand what it takes to get a table. Sometimes it is very close to the same amount you would spend at a football game. Last 2-3 chargers/raiders games ive been to have cost me $150 for the tickets and maybe another $150 in beer/food/gas. In the end though if all goes well it is worth it.

I plan to collect $250-300 from each guy and then have my credit card be the backup in case they want another bottle etc.

With LIGHT, do i need to tip the waitress if i am doing cash or is that included in prices? At XS i paid all cash and gave her $200 for our 2 bottles.

with a $1000 minimum i can fit what, maybe 4-6 guys, $1500 5-8 possibly upstairs if i tip well?

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

Comment

Waitress tip is the auto-gratuity/service charge (20%).

Just an idea and not sure if it'll work, but what about buying a pre-paid credit card for X amount? That way you could have a hard not to exceed and could put a card on file. I've never done it before, so not even sure how/if it could work.

Personally for the min questions, just ask Noah Ortiz or even Joey Orr. Noah would be the main guy from here that you'd want to ask. They're both always on here and I'm sure would reply very fast. Joey has been replying to me usually within a couple hours. I haven't talked to Noah directly, but a few hosts have told me Ingrosso will be pricey that saturday night (but then again I'm not into following the big DJ's, so seeing a lesser DJ for lesser min/better deal is no better for me).
                          Last edited by headstrong; 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM.
                          If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it! That being said, it's Vegas and doesn't hurt to try!

Planning

Comment

Last time i had to pay right away before they opened the bottles since i was paying in cash (XS)

I guess i can just do the same here and ask for bottles at like 11:30 pmish and 12:30 pmish etc.

If we order beers/mixed drinks etc they are going to need a card to charge it all too right? I cant imagine they just bring me a check at the end of the night for all the beers/drinks. People could just walk away.

Go BIG then go HOME

Level 5 - Vegas Fanatic

Comment

You will be charged auto-gratuity and tax at the time you check-out whether you pay cash or use your card. If you have bottles why would you order mixed drinks?

You can ask the wait staff to bring you the bottles as you finish each one and not all at once. I personally would prefer to b ring it out all at once, so my guys know that's what we have and once it's out - it's out. If any individuals wanted to pony up anything additional that would be on them.

Using some of the strategies mentioned by previous you can really limit the dumb orders by drunk/irresponsible people in your group - even if they have your card as a tab.

If you are that concerned with your group, I would not leave an open tab, especially when bottles range from 500-10000. I would pay up front in cash and close out. It's a pain carrying around 2-3k on your person, but sometimes you gotta do it for peace of mind.

Planning

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• smlaude
                                Reply to TAO Beach rules etc
                                smlaude
                                I think spray is always good. But liquid they have issues with. Could be wrong too as I stopped bringing it in and just get burnt on purpose now : )
                                04-21-2024, 08:09 PM
                              • BarrelO
                                BarrelO
                                I can't speak to the other stuff, but I've never had an issue with bringing sunscreen into Tao Beach or any other dayclub.
                                04-21-2024, 02:36 PM
                              • ryan850
                                ryan850
                                good to know. I haven't been to lv in a minute and seems like things have gotten more tight in terms of what you can bring in.

btw, anyone...
                                04-18-2024, 03:10 PM
                              Working...
                              X