Admin: We are banning users who accept money or comps to promote companies or hosts. - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Admin: We are banning users who accept money or comps to promote companies or hosts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin: We are banning users who accept money or comps to promote companies or hosts.

We've had a bit of a problem lately with companies posting ads on craigslist and others direct messaging our users offering to pay them to "say nice things" on the JackColton.com forums. The problem with this plan is that once we verify who it is and what company is behind it (which happens pretty quickly due to Google alerts and / or members letting me know), we immediately ban everyone involved and completely blacklist the company name from even showing up in the forums.

We also know of a handful of nightclub hosts who offer perks (comp tables, etc) for similar promotion and I've heard stories of members using that to their advantage. I'm all for our members having the best Vegas experience that they can and using this site to network their own connections and spread the word about good service, but it defeats the purpose of the site if everything isn't on the up and up.

I'm working with our team on tightening the moderation of user-generated host listings to prevent the above problem. Also to keep the "host appreciation" thread limited to 60 days worth of posts so that people who have long since changed jobs aren't still getting requests from visitors.

With that said, I'd like to ask everyone to e-mail me at [email protected] (your identity will be kept anonymous) if:

1) Any member, company or host has e-mailed you offering to pay to "say nice things."

2) Anyone (hosts or members) has tried to sell you a comped table in exchange for a tip or favors.

3) You've heard word of anything shady going on by members.

I appreciate your help and apologize for the crackdown. Other than strict banner advertising packages directly from the clubs, this site doesn't accept money or perks to say nice things and we don't want our members to either. Similarly, in now thousands of comped tables, I've never accepted money that didn't go straight to the waitress and busser. Its a bad look if any of our members are taking money for comps.

Thanks,

Jack Colton

PS: Here is the most recent craigslist ad: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/evg/3828816735.html
    We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have! Contact us at [email protected]

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tonyyarddog2
    Reply to EDC Weekend (5/16 - 5/19)
    tonyyarddog2
    Have a group of 4 looking to get a table at LIV Thurs (5/16) of EDC week (Dom Dolla X John Summit) 2 couples rn?looking for a few more to join to get...
    05-09-2024, 04:25 PM
  • Teenagentec
    Reply to December Trip - Pool Party/Day Club
    Teenagentec
    Your December trip sounds like it's going to be a blast! I totally get wanting to make the most of your time in Miami, even if it's not scorching hot...
    05-09-2024, 07:15 AM
  • artedm
    Reply to Memorial Day May 27
    artedm
    monday may 27
    greg lopez - tao beach
    amiri paul- matquee day
    dj shift- wet republic
    murphu kennedy- liquid
    jt - dayligh...
    05-09-2024, 06:50 AM
Working...