Cameras? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Cameras?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cameras?

    Just thought I'd get a quick poll going on everyone's experience with cameras in Vegas. Obviously this is directed at those of us who can neither confirm nor deny anything that may or may not have happened while we were in vegas.

    We have 2 rules now when we go to vegas.

    1. no cameras, and any pictures taken with cell phones have to be vetoed by the group whether they have to be deleted. We usually go over all of the pictures while at the airport leaving vegas as it gives us a chance to both re-live some memories, and also delete anything incriminating.

    2. no accepting facebook friends while in vegas... or if you do, you must have privacy settings set so that you have to approve whether to be tagged in a picture or not.

    We added the second rule because of a situation that arose last trip. One of the single guys became facebook friends with some of the girls we were hanging out with by the pool and was tagged in a few photos. Of course some of the other guys (married) were in these photos. All of a sudden while we were at the pool there were multiple phone calls from friends at work back home with warnings that facebook was blowing up with these pics. Long story short, although there was nothing hugely incriminating (just guys with arms around girls) one of the guys changed his flights and left vegas early.


    ***And just in case anyone who knows me sees this post, I'm not saying that any pictures from Vegas would necessarily be incriminating, just that they might be misinterpreted.
    21
    Yes, I want a record of the awesomeness!
    42.86%
    9
    Sometimes, but only with restrictions/rules
    57.14%
    12
    No, no way, never.
    0.00%
    0

  • #2
    Got damn! yall ain't playin around. with rules like those I can only imagine how crazy your trips to vegas are haha
    2016 MM, MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider), NYE
    2015 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider Supershow), NYE
    2014 March Madness, MDW, EDC, LDW, Sept (Fight), Sept (Lowrider)
    2013 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider), Dec
    2012 May (Fight), MDW, LDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider)

    Comment


    • #3
      Photo's taken a plenty.
      hopefully you know which ones should not be on Facebook or what not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by scooner View Post
        Got damn! yall ain't playin around. with rules like those I can only imagine how crazy your trips to vegas are haha
        We've got stories. I'm sure everyone who goes to Vegas comes back with some ridiculously over the top stories as well... That's why you go to Vegas after all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Rookies. Get a disposable phone for the weekend. Make up a fake fb profile for the weekend. At the airport on the way home, delete the fb profile and throw the phone(s) in the dumpster.
          If needed, give everyone a fake name and a code word.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by timbuck2 View Post
            Rookies. Get a disposable phone for the weekend. Make up a fake fb profile for the weekend. At the airport on the way home, delete the fb profile and throw the phone(s) in the dumpster.
            If needed, give everyone a fake name and a code word.
            LOL +1

            Comment


            • #7
              I like to have pictures, but hate having photos posted and tagged on facebook before I've seen them (photo approval solves this, thank goodness). I also loathe it when some of my friends or acquaintances get so obsessed with taking pictures that make them LOOK spontaneous, fun and exciting....instead of actually just being spontaneous, fun and exciting. Lol that may be more of a girl problem, though.
              I'm not bitchy, I'm just drawn that way.

              Comment


              • #8
                I kinda wish clubs would outlaw cameras on the dance floor. Nothing ruins a good party than 800 people all trying to record video of the DJ.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good ideas. Usually my good group of friends would know better, but you always have some friends of friends that eitehr 1) don't know any better or 2)think they are funny.
                  If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it! That being said, it's Vegas and doesn't hurt to try!

                  Planning
                  2014 - March 13-16 - Bachelor Party
                  2014 - June 5th - 9th (maybe) - Big 30.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Reminds me back in the day when I ran into Charles Barkley at Studio 54 and asked if I could get a photo. Charles said "No Pictures"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by timbuck2 View Post
                      I kinda wish clubs would outlaw cameras on the dance floor. Nothing ruins a good party than 800 people all trying to record video of the DJ.
                      This X a million.

                      So.bloody.annoying.
                      Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by timbuck2 View Post
                        I kinda wish clubs would outlaw cameras on the dance floor. Nothing ruins a good party than 800 people all trying to record video of the DJ.
                        YES! I AGREE. I do like having group pictures in Vegas though.. Just the nice ones before going out when everyone is not too intoxicated. Otherwise, cameras are definitely not needed throughout the whole trip.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a no cell phone policy in Vegas, unless it's to communicate within the group. Cameras are fine, as everyone knows what pics to post (and what not to post) on social media.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            true...check in by all accounts but don't post pictures onto FB! we just take random photos throughout the night for the memories...why people take pictures/videos of the DJ i will never understand.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You can setup your FB account so that any tags of you have to be approved. If you didn't know...now ya know.
                              Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

                              Nightclub Floorplans

                              Nightclub Menus

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X