MDW 2013: Sunday Night - Guetta or Skrillex? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

MDW 2013: Sunday Night - Guetta or Skrillex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDW 2013: Sunday Night - Guetta or Skrillex?

Hey guys, looking for opinions on which would be better on the Sunday night of MDW. Skrillex at Eclipse or Guetta at XS?

DJ wise it doesn't matter much to me.

I personally would go for guetta...but for me XS nightswim > Eclipse (considering dj doesn't matter)
    Plus i think ladies love guetta so...my guess it will be a good crowd.
    Anyway, thats just my personal opinion...
    April (coming), June (Coming), LDW (Coming)
    Jan, MDW, LDW
    CES, MDW, 4th of July, August, NYE
    July, December
    July

Comment

Even though XS sunday is a nightswim, the inside will be open MDW. It would be tough decision for me, since Daylight isnt open yet, you really dont know what your getting there.
      Blackout Artist
      [email protected]

Comment

guetta and skrillex have a very different sound- listen to each of them then go with what you like better.
        xs is reliable
        Eclipse is brand new

Comment

I don't get Skrillex. What kind of drug makes that music enjoyable? Do girls actually like that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by timbuck2 View Post
            I don't get Skrillex. What kind of drug makes that music enjoyable? Do girls actually like that sound?
            This.
            Girls will take Guetta.
            Or though you would get a funky crowd at ecliplse.

Comment

Originally posted by renator View Post
              I personally would go for guetta...but for me XS nightswim > Eclipse (considering dj doesn't matter)
              Daylight/ Eclipse isn't even open, how are you rating XS nightswim over it???? Personally, I'm either in the pool during the day with the sun or in a club at night. I don't like any of the night swim, noone is on the same page, hardly any girls in bikinis in the pool, no dance floor, just weird .. So I hate all of those night pool things. Skrillex is on point and doesn't just play dubstep but also /trap/ edm/reggae.. I like Guetta too, girls gonna be at both. I personally need to see something different at this point so prob Eclipse...
              Isaac Kaz Curry
              Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
              Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
              Facebook: kaztheaviator

Comment

Originally posted by kazflair View Post
                Daylight/ Eclipse isn't even open, how are you rating XS nightswim over it???? Personally, I'm either in the pool during the day with the sun or in a club at night. I don't like any of the night swim, noone is on the same page, hardly any girls in bikinis in the pool, no dance floor, just weird .. So I hate all of those night pool things. Skrillex is on point and doesn't just play dubstep but also /trap/ edm/reggae.. I like Guetta too, girls gonna be at both. I personally need to see something different at this point so prob Eclipse...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ujLEYiXtYY

not a fan of this??

haha but I see where you're coming from though...Nightswim can be sometimes a hit or miss on the amount of girls participating pool atire wise but when it's good, it's definitely on point!

too bad I have a feeling that the MDW edition will be in the miss category for the super raunchy wet fun haha

Comment

with the inside of xs open for mdw combined with the fact that it doesnt mention night swim on the flyer, and eclipse/daylight strictly being a pool i think there will be more crazyness in the pool at eclipse
                  June 2010-Luxor
                  May 2011-Luxor
                  MDW 2012 - Planet Hollywood
                  LDW 2012 - Bill's Gamblin Hall [RIP]
                  MDW 2013 - Planet Hollywood
                  September 2013 - Fight Weekend - Luxor
                  June 2014 - EDC - Flamingo

Comment

I agree with the fact you cant rate Eclipse yet. IMO Only a biased opinion could really rate it at this point rather good or bad. I also understand your points about a night swim. BUT were talking about MDW here. XS will have the inside open with the dance floor, ect. So based on your own criteria, Id expect you to pick XS over Eclipse on that picticulat night. lol
                    Blackout Artist
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hahahah you're right...
                      I can't rate it...and i don't believe its gonna be real "nightswim" because the inside will be opened...
                      But i have a biased opinio about XS...and i prefer guetta over skrillex but wasn't considering dj hehe
                      April (coming), June (Coming), LDW (Coming)
                      Jan, MDW, LDW
                      CES, MDW, 4th of July, August, NYE
                      July, December
                      July

Comment

. Skrillex is on point and doesn't just play dubstep but also /trap/ edm/reggae.. I like Guetta too, girls gonna be at both. I personally need to see something different at this point so prob Eclipse...
                        This must just be in Vegas. From what I know, Skrillex has a 100% dubstep show.

I've said this before, but I really don't think David Guetta is anything special. He plays stuff that you would hear at any other nightclub. Also, I don't think that this will be an official Sunday Nightswim show, because it's MDW. Last time I was at XS Sunday for a Holiday weekend, the pool WAS open, but the DJ was faced inside. Here's a link to the event flyer.

http://wynnadmin.com/imateq/uploads/...SC0/406679.jpg

I do agree with what other people have said about David Guetta drawing a pretty good looking crowd. If you're gonna just meet a girl and take her back to your room and miss the Guetta set, go to XS by all means.

Although Light/Eclipse is not open yet, I am one to try new things. I think Skrillex and Eclipse will be a memorable and unique experience for you (unless you can't stand dubstep).

Edit: Also, lets not forget Above & Beyond and Surrender. (Where I will be that night) lol
                        Past Trips:
                        The following errors occurred with your submission
                        Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup.

Upcoming Trips
                        July 13-17

Comment

Originally posted by dnix View Post
                          I agree with the fact you cant rate Eclipse yet. IMO Only a biased opinion could really rate it at this point rather good or bad. I also understand your points about a night swim. BUT were talking about MDW here. XS will have the inside open with the dance floor, ect. So based on your own criteria, Id expect you to pick XS over Eclipse on that picticulat night. lol
                          Truuuu! Haha, so I guess to clear up, If I had never been to XS or maybe just a few times, I would go there. If you have done XS a few times and don't get out to Vegas often, I would lean to Eclipse to try something new and a more rare experience I guess. The way it's setup, there seems to be a sorta "dance floor" area in front of DJ there at Daylight Pool.
                          Isaac Kaz Curry
                          Sr. VIP Marketing Hakkasan Group
                          Jewel/Liquid/Hakkasan/Omnia/Wet Republic/1Oak/Bank
                          Facebook: kaztheaviator

Comment

i bought tickets for Guetta that night..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DAlex111
                              Reply to Table share June 7 and 8
                              DAlex111
                              There will be two of us (2m) who might be interested, depending on costs. What are splits looking like?
                              Today, 01:40 PM
                            • DAlex111
                              Reply to December Trip - Pool Party/Day Club
                              DAlex111
                              Marquee day club was great last year. Circa has those hot tub parties too...just a little chilly as you will be outside in the 40's.
                              Today, 01:38 PM
                            • CeDestiny
                              Reply to Table share June 7 and 8
                              CeDestiny
                              My girlfriend and I are interested in night club either Friday or Saturday, but idealistically if there's at least 2 more to split the costs
                              05-31-2024, 07:36 PM
                            Working...
                            X