Hakkasan and Omnia closing or just legal trouble??? - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Hakkasan and Omnia closing or just legal trouble???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakkasan and Omnia closing or just legal trouble???

Looks like trouble.
    A friend told me some of the cocktail waitresses are looking for other jobs.
    As well as lots of security and bussers.

I clicked on the link, it didn't show anything regarding trouble with those clubs. Maybe it's already been pulled? What all did it say

Comment

Here's the article he was trying to link to:
      http://www.magneticmag.com/2016/08/h...-new-evidence/

I had previously read that article and was surprised nothing was written about it here or in the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Las Vegas Sun. I assumed it was being blown out of proportion due to the lack of local coverage, but then I looked further into it and there were other news sources of a more reputable nature, such as the Financial Times, reporting on it. Seizure of the Hakkasan Group was listed as a possibility, but seizure by who and whether or not that would affect operations wasn't clear. Also since other real estate and property were involved in the scandal the seizure of the Hakkasan Group and it's assets wasn't necessarily assured.

If low level people are actually jumping ship then either things are looking bad with respect to seizure of the group or perhaps the rumor mill has everyone panicked and people would rather not chance losing their job and they are going elsewhere before that has a chance to even happen.
      Last edited by maxutilsperusd; 09-04-2016, 05:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

I'd hate to see Omnia go. Love that place!
        2016 MM, MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider), NYE
        2015 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider Supershow), NYE
        2014 March Madness, MDW, EDC, LDW, Sept (Fight), Sept (Lowrider)
        2013 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider), Dec
        2012 May (Fight), MDW, LDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider)

Comment

2017 will shape up to be VERY interesting indeed if Hakk group goes under..

Comment

Does the Hakkasan Group or MGM own the actual property where the clubs are located?

If Hakkasan does, I would think MGM would go to the DOJ and offer to buy the locations directly and bring in another management group to run them as is.

It would become a new revenue stream for them since more than 50% of their revenue comes from outside of gaming already.

Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X