3 Things Vegas Rookies Should Know - 2016 - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

3 Things Vegas Rookies Should Know - 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Things Vegas Rookies Should Know - 2016

I'm still relatively new to the forums here on JC, however have been spreading the news to my friends and co-workers. I am heading out to LV 3 weeks from today, and last night while out with some co-workers, I found out a group of girls I work with are heading out there the week of July 4th. None of them have ever been before, and were asking me what is 1 thing that vets of Vegas would tell first timers about partying/nightlife. Whether a place they gotta go to, something they should look out for, etc.

Any help building this suggestion list is appreciated!

It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    Hydrate and nap before the next round of partying.
    If there's really some place you want to go\something you want to do but nobody wants to join in, do it anyway because you might regret not doing it when you get home. < This is my rule for anywhere\life in general.

Comment

1) you're gonna spend more money than you think you are
      2) don't splurge on a hotel room if you're a noob. You will most likely only spend a few hours a day (passed out) there
      3) if you've never been to a club in a major city before, you will be staying out a lot later than you expect (3am or after)
      Past Trips:
      The following errors occurred with your submission
      Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup.

Upcoming Trips
      July 13-17

Comment

General Vegas Tips:

1. Don't assume you can walk somewhere just because you can see it. It's further than it appears, always. Uber is your friend in Vegas.

2. Bring more sunscreen than you plan on using. If you are planning on going to pools and pool parties sunscreen is extremely expensive to buy at venues, like $40 for a small tube, so bring your own. Sometimes if you don't watch your sunscreen carefully it might walk away from you, so have an extra bottle in your luggage.

3. Don't assume you can get a reservation for a restaurant at your hotel or elsewhere the night before you are planning on going. Most restaurants support OpenTable, so if you have an idea of where you want to eat just make the reservation as soon as you know. If a restaurant doesn't have any slots on OpenTable, it's still worth calling since sometimes they'll hold back some of them.

Nightlife Tips:

1. Bring cash. Tipping in Vegas can solve almost any small problem you run into, so cash is really useful.

2. Girls never have to pay to get into a club in Vegas if they are willing to wait in line. Guest listing is great, especially if they are willing to go to a club close to the opening time. Often they'll get a free drink or 2, and sometimes even an hour+ long open bar.

3. Water is expensive. Sometimes there's either a water fountain or a water dispenser, but a bartender won't give you a glass of tap water for free. Be prepared to spend $6-8 on a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by maxutilsperusd View Post
          General Vegas Tips:

1. Don't assume you can walk somewhere just because you can see it. It's further than it appears, always. Uber is your friend in Vegas.

2. Bring more sunscreen than you plan on using. If you are planning on going to pools and pool parties sunscreen is extremely expensive to buy at venues, like $40 for a small tube, so bring your own. Sometimes if you don't watch your sunscreen carefully it might walk away from you, so have an extra bottle in your luggage.

3. Don't assume you can get a reservation for a restaurant at your hotel or elsewhere the night before you are planning on going. Most restaurants support OpenTable, so if you have an idea of where you want to eat just make the reservation as soon as you know. If a restaurant doesn't have any slots on OpenTable, it's still worth calling since sometimes they'll hold back some of them.

Nightlife Tips:

1. Bring cash. Tipping in Vegas can solve almost any small problem you run into, so cash is really useful.

2. Girls never have to pay to get into a club in Vegas if they are willing to wait in line. Guest listing is great, especially if they are willing to go to a club close to the opening time. Often they'll get a free drink or 2, and sometimes even an hour+ long open bar.

3. Water is expensive. Sometimes there's either a water fountain or a water dispenser, but a bartender won't give you a glass of tap water for free. Be prepared to spend $6-8 on a bottle of water.
          Just an add on to the dinner reservations, if you're going to a restaurant in the hotel you're staying at and OpenTable says everything's booked and the restaurant tells you they're booked, try the concierge. We did this on our recent trip and got a reservation.

Comment

Clubs/Pool parties (If doing GA): Presale, Presale, Presale! It will save you time and money.

If you're feeling drained/sick and don't think you can make the club (GA), get some extra rest/hydrate and just go late. I've been in this boat many times and arriving at 1:30/2am it's just as jumping as it is at midnight. Nobody at the door will give you shit about being late, it's normal.

Popular days at the pool parties (GA Wet Republic, Encore Beach) lines can be hellish and 1+ hour wait. Get there as early as possible.

Boardshorts and trunks are the only shorts allowed at pool parties for guys. I see people getting booted out of line for this every single time I go and just shake my head. Do the research, read the rules.

Dress to impress at the nightclubs.

Keep your valuables in your front pockets fellas. There are girls out there asking you to dance that don't have the best intentions and will try to pick pocket you. Some may work in teams. Be careful.

If your intention is just to party there, esp pool party during the day and club in the evening, time is your enemy and it flies. Skip all the tourist stuff and, instead of restaurants, get something quick or just order room service. Focus on rest, recovery, getting ready, and pregaming.

I prefer Lyft going to and from clubs. Lyft/Uber is quicker and cheaper than dealing with cab lines and fares, and cheaper than hiring a limo/suv/towncar.
            2016 MM, MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider), NYE
            2015 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider Supershow), NYE
            2014 March Madness, MDW, EDC, LDW, Sept (Fight), Sept (Lowrider)
            2013 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider), Dec
            2012 May (Fight), MDW, LDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider)

Comment

Originally posted by scooner View Post
              Clubs/Pool parties (If doing GA): Presale, Presale, Presale! It will save you time and money.

If you're feeling drained/sick and don't think you can make the club (GA), get some extra rest/hydrate and just go late. I've been in this boat many times and arriving at 1:30/2am it's just as jumping as it is at midnight. Nobody at the door will give you shit about being late, it's normal.

Popular days at the pool parties (GA Wet Republic, Encore Beach) lines can be hellish and 1+ hour wait. Get there as early as possible.

Boardshorts and trunks are the only shorts allowed at pool parties for guys. I see people getting booted out of line for this every single time I go and just shake my head. Do the research, read the rules.

Dress to impress at the nightclubs.

Keep your valuables in your front pockets fellas. There are girls out there asking you to dance that don't have the best intentions and will try to pick pocket you. Some may work in teams. Be careful.

If your intention is just to party there, esp pool party during the day and club in the evening, time is your enemy and it flies. Skip all the tourist stuff and, instead of restaurants, get something quick or just order room service. Focus on rest, recovery, getting ready, and pregaming.

I prefer Lyft going to and from clubs. Lyft/Uber is quicker and cheaper than dealing with cab lines and fares, and cheaper than hiring a limo/suv/towncar.
              What else can a guy.wear to a pool party ??? Just wondering jaja

Comment

nice post
                1. research research research research did I say research?
                The internet is your friend- know the resorts/restaurants/shows/concerts/bars/nightclubs/pool parties/strip clubs/ etc
                know who the dj is, have host contacts, know prices etc

2. have a plan, have a backup plan
                pool parties open around 11am with headline dj on around 3pm going till around 6pm
                nightclubs open around 11pm with headline dj on around 1am going till around 5am
                have an idea where your going, when it starts when it ends

3. limit vs no limit
                you can do vegas on $50-$100- $1000-$10000- $100000 a day+
                cheap hotel, guest list, bus pass, pregaming, mcdonalds
                suites, tables, limos, best food, best drinks

Comment

Put your money in the safe and lock that mini bar up. Don't take more money then you can afford to lose gambling or at a club.

Comment

Originally posted by Acp View Post

What else can a guy.wear to a pool party ??? Just wondering jaja
                    They'll kick you out for any other kind of shorts: basketball, cargos, denim, dickies/khakis, etc. Stick to boardshorts, tee/tank, and sandals you'll be good
                    2016 MM, MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider), NYE
                    2015 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, EDC, LDW, Oct (Lowrider Supershow), NYE
                    2014 March Madness, MDW, EDC, LDW, Sept (Fight), Sept (Lowrider)
                    2013 March Madness, May (Fight), MDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider), Dec
                    2012 May (Fight), MDW, LDW, Sept (Fight), Oct (Lowrider)

Comment

Originally posted by atrj View Post
                      Put your money in the safe and lock that mini bar up. Don't take more money then you can afford to lose gambling or at a club.

I rarely carry cash in my every day life, and yet I remember the first time going to Vegas watching my friend stash about 5 grand in 20's, 50's and 100's in the room safe checking in. ATM cards seem useless out there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooner View Post

They'll kick you out for any other kind of shorts: basketball, cargos, denim, dickies/khakis, etc. Stick to boardshorts, tee/tank, and sandals you'll be good
                        I didn't know this part re: basketball shorts. Need to grab a few pairs of board shorts myself before my trip in a few weeks

Comment

1. That pretty lady playing slots at 4am that can't keep her eyes off you and constantly smiling... you are not the only one she finds attractive

2. Marathon not a sprint. Agree. But very hard to remember on your first night.

3. Don't argue with security guards. You won't win

Comment

Originally posted by seddy View Post
                            1. That pretty lady playing slots at 4am that can't keep her eyes off you and constantly smiling... you are not the only one she finds attractive

2. Marathon not a sprint. Agree. But very hard to remember on your first night.

3. Don't argue with security guards. You won't win
                            Or the bouncers

Comment

Don't get to Vegas and go so hard that you miss out on a night because you passed out... Or drink so much on the plane you are crazy hammered before you even get to your hotel.... agreed- Marathon, NOT A SPRINT. Regulate that buzz...Nobody likes a sloppy drunk mess, a person who vomits, or a girl who spends the night crying. Water water water!!!

Take naps. Rest is super important... if you are going to dayclubs AND nightclubs, sleep between 5-9am, and 6-9pm... and don't forget to eat!

More for ladies... Guys don't owe you anything... and you don't owe them anything. If you are a cool group of chicks, you'll get invited to tables (more on that in a second)... that doesn't mean that you should act all snotty and think everything should be free because you know you are hot, or that you should be compelled to give up anything if you aren't feeling it. RESPECT yourself, and others. The Vegas atmosphere may be VERY different from your hometown... It is very different from mine. Behavior in Vegas may be worlds away from what goes down in your own city... just roll with it, and if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. "Sin City" applies to some, but not everyone, and pretty much everyone is cool with all of it... I have a friend who feels compelled to be the morality police to everyone she sees, and man, it just bums everyone out. You do you, and let everyone else do them.

Also, follow some table etiquette, ladies: If you've never been to Vegas, and don't know how tables work, a few tips...Be polite, and introduce yourself... Don't come to the party if you are just going to sit there taking up space and looking bored. If you and your crew are shy, maybe tables are not the place for you. Tables usually require some social interaction and conversation skills.... it's really great to have a place to sit, but being outgoing and friendly will help you from being asked to leave, which can and does happen if you decide not to play nice. (ie, You have a friend who gets hostile when she drinks? You'll get the boot. You have a friend who is so sloppy drunk she looks like she's going to puke, or she DOES puke? You'll get the boot. You have someone who gets aggressively flirtatious without checking if there is already a wife/girlfriend present? You'll get the boot.) I have seen all of these scenarios.
                              DO NOT EVER HELP YOURSELF TO ANYONE'S BOTTLES THAT YOU DID NOT PAY FOR. EVVVVEEEEEERRRRR. Unless you are told by the person who DID pay for it that you may pour yourself a drink, that booze does not belong to you, you don't get it just cuz you are cute, make no assumptions.
                              Don't mean mug other women already at the table, or women who are invited to come over if you are already there. They are not your competition... everyone is there to have a good time, and drama is for high school. IF there are already ladies present at a table when you are invited over, introduce yourself to THEM too... they may be wives, friends or girlfriends of the gentlemen at the table, and they are watching out for their friends. And if you are the girls already present? Don't be shitty to some new blood... It just makes you look immature and petty....Rise above, ladies!
                              One last thing.... I've seen this more times that I can count... Don't get attached!!! The guy you met at Encore Beach Club and was so totally awesome is NOT going to become your boyfriend, husband, or anything other than a great story to tell your friends. Don't waste a night in Vegas crying in the bathroom because you found out Whatshisname has a wife/girlfriend/10 kids. Just relax and have fun... treat it like Camp! You have a little weekend fling? Great... Then say goodbye and get on with your life. (That being said, I DO know people who actually DID fall in love with someone and marry someone they met in Vegas... but it IS NOT THE NORM).

If you think Bottle service is a completely expensive, exorbitant waste of money, you are wrong, You only live once, and you can't take your money with you. Vegas is all about indulgence. DO IT.

Lastly, like others have said, don't miss out on events you want to go to, even if you are the only one. Vegas is full of friendly people... go meet them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X