Bachelor Party - Initerary & Pricing - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Bachelor Party - Initerary & Pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bachelor Party - Initerary & Pricing

    I've been lurking for awhile as I started the initial research on my brother's bachelor party back in August, and this is a great forum with lots of good information and knowledgeable people!

    As the trip is getting closer, I wanted to reach out to you guys to get a sense of whether or not the pricing I've been given by a VIP hosting company is reasonable or not. Since I'm arranging everything, I want to make sure that all the people going are getting the best deal and most fun possible. I apologize for the long post but really appreciate any help!!

    The details of the trip are as follows:

    When: May 3 - 5. I realize that this is a very busy weekend with Cinco De Mayo, the Mayweather Fight, the Kentucky Derby and Supercross Motocross.
    Who: 13 guys total (including the bachelor)

    We'll be staying at the Cosmo with 6 City Rooms and one wraparound terrace room.

    Itinerary:

    Friday: STK for dinner then XS

    At XS, I've been quoted $5,220 for the group, including tax and gratuity with a $3K bar tab. This would get us the table in the top left corner of the table chart (the one in front of the round stage with the stripper pole). A dance floor table or one of the "brown leather couch" tables would be more.

    Saturday: Encore Beach Club for pool party then Marquee Nightclub

    At ECB I've been quoted $7,500 for the group incl. tax and gratuity with a $5K food/drink tab. This would get us a lower level cabana.

    At Marquee I've been quoted $5,040 for the group incl. tax and gratuity with a $3K bar tab for a table on the patio. For $6,480 we'd get a tier 3 table in the main room and a $4K bar tab. For $7,860 we'd get a tier 2 table in the main room and a $5K bar tab.

  • #2
    Far as I can tell, you would save $500-$1000 per venue if you dealt with a host that works directly for the venue.

    Ill just give XS as an example:
    3k min spend table
    900 tax and waitress tip
    500 host tip
    4400 total

    Personally, if your ok with the totals you posted, Id just use the saved money toward higher mins for more alcohol and better tables.
    Last edited by dnix; 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM.
    Blackout Artist
    [email protected]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dnix View Post
      Far as I can tell, you would save $500-$1000 per venue if you dealt with a host that works directly for the venue.

      Ill just give XS as an example:
      3k min spend table
      900 tax and waitress tip
      500 host tip
      4400 total

      Personally, if your ok with the totals you posted, I just use the saved money toward higher mins for more alcohol and better tables.
      This is pretty typical of the online "VIP" companies. They have to make a profit, so you're almost always paying a premium to use one, and not receiving anything you wouldn't get dealing directly with a host from the club/pool.
      Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

      Nightclub Floorplans

      Nightclub Menus

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys. My worry is that we'll get bumped. From what I've heard, reservations aren't guaranteed, so if another party shows up and offers more than your minimum, you might end up with no table. My understanding is that with a VIP company, they prepay for your table so it's guaranteed...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Danish View Post
          Thanks guys. My worry is that we'll get bumped. From what I've heard, reservations aren't guaranteed, so if another party shows up and offers more than your minimum, you might end up with no table. My understanding is that with a VIP company, they prepay for your table so it's guaranteed...
          Tell your host ahead of time how much you plan to tip and what time you will show up. Show up when you say you will and tip as you said you would, you won't have to worry about it. That rarely happens, and if it does, it's generally because the person showed up too late and/or didn't use a forum approved host. Seriously...them prepaying your table is NOT worth $500.
          Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

          Nightclub Floorplans

          Nightclub Menus

          Comment


          • #6
            $20/head for a host still a solid number (10-12 guys in cabana)?
            Wedding @ Riviera '06 • March Madness @ Mandalay Bay May 2010 • Bachelor Party @ Palms Jul 2013 • GF's Birthday @ Cosmopolitan Oct 2013

            UPCOMING : Bachelor / Bachelorette Party @ MGM Signature Jul 30 - Aug 2 2015

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah $200 tip is good
              Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

              Nightclub Floorplans

              Nightclub Menus

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dnix View Post
                Far as I can tell, you would save $500-$1000 per venue if you dealt with a host that works directly for the venue.

                Ill just give XS as an example:
                3k min spend table
                900 tax and waitress tip
                500 host tip
                4400 total

                Personally, if your ok with the totals you posted, Id just use the saved money toward higher mins for more alcohol and better tables.

                book with a host directly, if you arrive on time you wont have to worry about your table being bumped. You can take it a step further and pre-pay for the table yourself and use the extra money at the strip club haha

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dude the VIP companies do NOT pay a penny up front. They are simply arranging. They dont take the risk that you dont turn up and not pay.

                  They're only doing what you can do yourself. You wont get bumped, just get there by 10:30pm and youll be fine.

                  Re: The table they offered you in XS - Dont take it - it sucks. I had that table two years ago and I think its the worst in the venue. Its totally outta the way and youre tucked into the corner so get no passing people, when ive been in XS on general admin its better, MUCH better than that particular table. Demand absolutely any table above it, inside or outside.

                  You basically end up with your group and no one else cos its just to out of the way.

                  Dont mean to put a downer on it! But hope it helps

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tomm0 View Post
                    Dude the VIP companies do NOT pay a penny up front. They are simply arranging. They dont take the risk that you dont turn up and not pay.

                    They're only doing what you can do yourself. You wont get bumped, just get there by 10:30pm and youll be fine.

                    Re: The table they offered you in XS - Dont take it - it sucks. I had that table two years ago and I think its the worst in the venue. Its totally outta the way and youre tucked into the corner so get no passing people, when ive been in XS on general admin its better, MUCH better than that particular table. Demand absolutely any table above it, inside or outside.

                    You basically end up with your group and no one else cos its just to out of the way.

                    Dont mean to put a downer on it! But hope it helps

                    Most of your bigger VIP companies make you pay up front, or at the very least a deposit with CC on file to ensure you show up. Some of them even have deals already in place with management with set pricing. SO its possible a VIP company could get you a cheaper min, but with the $$$ they add on top of it, its not worth it. Lets say a direct host at XS that night is requiring a 4kmin for a guaranteed inside table. Common sense says you pay the extra $200 added to your total for 1k more in alcohol. Some people just look at the min though, and dont take the time to calculate it out. They go around bragging that they had a 3k min inside table, when everyone else had a 4k min.
                    Blackout Artist
                    [email protected]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks everyone - this is very helpful. I have spoken to hosts at XS, EBC and Marquee and they all say that if you show up on time and tip well, you won't get bumped.

                      dnix - I did that calculation as well, haha. This is what made me start questioning the value of the hosting company. The guarantee they provide justified the higher price in my mind for a little while. You are also correct in that the company would charge everything up front which is why I guess they could prepay.

                      DeX - Good advice, haha.

                      tomm0 - Not a downer at all, I appreciate your honesty. Our big fear was to pay a hosting company a premium price and then get stuck in a corner, which it seems is exactly what would've happened!

                      My plan now is to tip the host ~$500 at each venue and spend the rest of the savings on more alcohol and/or other fun.

                      Now the only concern is getting a reservation at STK which seems to be a challenge!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ask the host your using for Marquee if they can help you out with STK
                        Blackout Artist
                        [email protected]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This thread brings back memories of my first post...dnix, Universal, and Chad (among others) saved me from doing the same thing. That $500 tip to a host who works directly for the club will go MUCH further than paying it to a 3rd party VIP company. I did just as you are doing...and everything worked out perfectly.
                          Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

                          Nightclub Floorplans

                          Nightclub Menus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                            Originally posted by Danish View Post
                            Thanks guys. My worry is that we'll get bumped. From what I've heard, reservations aren't guaranteed, so if another party shows up and offers more than your minimum, you might end up with no table. My understanding is that with a VIP company, they prepay for your table so it's guaranteed...
                            Tell your host ahead of time how much you plan to tip and what time you will show up. Show up when you say you will and tip as you said you would, you won't have to worry about it. That rarely happens, and if it does, it's generally because the person showed up too late and/or didn't use a forum approved host. Seriously...them prepaying your table is NOT worth $500.
                            Are all the hosts in the contact info JC has compiled for the various clubs forum approved or is it just specific indivduals. Who would be recommended at XS?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AMJ13 View Post
                              Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                              Originally posted by Danish View Post
                              Thanks guys. My worry is that we'll get bumped. From what I've heard, reservations aren't guaranteed, so if another party shows up and offers more than your minimum, you might end up with no table. My understanding is that with a VIP company, they prepay for your table so it's guaranteed...
                              Tell your host ahead of time how much you plan to tip and what time you will show up. Show up when you say you will and tip as you said you would, you won't have to worry about it. That rarely happens, and if it does, it's generally because the person showed up too late and/or didn't use a forum approved host. Seriously...them prepaying your table is NOT worth $500.
                              Are all the hosts in the contact info JC has compiled for the various clubs forum approved or is it just specific indivduals. Who would be recommended at XS?
                              I'd personally go with Bobby Yeadon.
                              Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

                              Nightclub Floorplans

                              Nightclub Menus

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X