Voodoo at Rio - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Voodoo at Rio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Voodoo at Rio

    I'm coming to Vegas for the first time with a bunch that have mostly been before, arriving Sunday Nov 11. Our group is late 30s to 50-ish, but most of us still like our nightclubs aplenty. We'll be getting a table at Marquee on Monday night.

    For Sunday, we've chatted about going to Voodoo, since we'll already be at Rio for Penn & Teller. I know Voodoo isn't a top-shelf club, and apparently it has an amazing view, but is it even worth it? Since we'll be spending more money and drinking more on Monday night, we don't really need a blowout (even though it will be my actual birthday night). But we don't want a snooze either.

    Anyone know what kind of music on Sunday nights? And, if you were to recommend somewhere else instead where we can get in without much of a problem on Sunday night around 11pm or midnight and without blowing the budget, where would you recommend?

  • #2
    I'd go to MIX before Voodoo Lounge if I was looking for a cool place with a view that's easy to get in and has reasonable drinks.
    MIX has Hookah too if you're in to that. I think it's like $20.
    My first choice for such an evening would be Hyde. It's a lounge on Sundays and a great venue.
    Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

    Nightclub Floorplans

    Nightclub Menus

    Comment


    • #3
      On Sunday, you may find that Voodoo is filled with people just out of the Penn & Teller show and that's it. The view is great, but probably not worth booking table service in advance.

      Here's what I would do:
      Use the free cover charge deal you get at Voodoo from going to Penn & Teller (great show, BTW) and check out Voodoo quickly. If you like it, it's unlikely all the tables will be booked and you could just get the table then. If not, go to MIX or Hyde. I'm with Chuck on Hyde, it's a really great place to hang even when it's just a lounge.
      Last edited by gingerbread; 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Quality advice, thanks very much. I'm digging the look of Hyde, and it's back in our neighbourhood anyway. I think we'll go check out Voodoo as suggested, and move on to Hyde if our fancies aren't tickled.

        Comment

        Latest Topics

        Collapse

        There are no results that meet this criteria.

        Working...
        X