Aug 10-17 - Help me plan my week in Vegas please! - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Aug 10-17 - Help me plan my week in Vegas please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 10-17 - Help me plan my week in Vegas please!

2 guys 2 girls, going to vegas fri-fri (I know, a week in Vegas! Hopefully I make it back in 1 piece!) I've decided for sure what we wanna do some nights with DJs we wanna see but open to suggestions for the other nights, mainly during the week. Pretty sure I'll have to take a few nights off, maybe do a bar or lounge, but would like to wait and see how I feel on which days vs planning a speciffic more low key night. So, wanted some input from the vets. We bought vcards for the guys so I think it might be fun to try to hit up as many clubs as we can stand (even if we don't last all night) since we won't have to pay cover. I'm not big on "club hopping" so just one per night though :-)

Fri day - fly in, rent car, get supplies for the week at Walmart or wherever

Fri night - (the other people we are going with have friends in town) so they all wanna go downtown to Fremont St. for a cheaper, less fancy night - easy on the budget so fine with me - the only DJ I would've liked to see is EDX at Marquee and I don't think my budget would allow me to do it

Sat day - possibly hang out at our hotel pool with previously mentioned friends of friends - might have to split from the group to check out Paul Oakenfold at hard rock

Sat night - bottle service at XS for Calvin Harris!!! This will be our big night!

Sun day - MDC presale & GL for ATB! Would have loved to do daybed or something but think its just me and the bf for this one so can't afford it

Sun night - not sure, this may have to be a recovery night but thinking maybe The Bank, Pure, Lavo, Gallery? Open to suggestions

Mon day - bare? Not sure on this one yet, open to suggestions - bare is not on vCard so would have to pay cover

Mon night - marquee nightclub vCard & GL

Tues day - gambeling & shopping - one of the guys is a big gambler so he will prob be doing tournaments all day at least 1 day - open to suggestions but didn't see anything major for day life on tues

Tues night - not sure, open to suggestions - Lavo, Pure, Moon are on the vCard for free entry so maybe one of them?

Wed day - liquid? listed on the vcard but not sure how it will be on a wed - They have DJ Mike Fusion scheduled to play - open to suggestions but didn't see anything else for day life on wed

Wed night - not sure, open to suggestions - Lavo, Chateau, LAX, gallery and ghostbar are on the vCard so maybe one of them?

Thurs day - Tao beach daybed/couch - mins seemed too good to pass up so def doing this thurs

Thurs night - not sure, wanna do it up right since its our last night, thinking Tao - could also do Pure, The Bank, Haze, LAX or Moon since we have vCard passes for them as well. Would only consider bs if the price was right, or if someone won big throughout the week :-)

Also have a question about the table at XS and the daybed/couch at Tao, is there a bad spot to be in at either venue? Should I request a certain area? I know my mins will be the main factor but don't wanna be off in a corner somewhere if I can avoid it by tipping a little more.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions! This site has really helped me a lot with this trip since I am in charge of all the planning.
    noob

Previous trips
    Feb 2007
    Oct 2010
    Next trip Aug 10-17 2012

Is it August yet?!?!

I would def hit surrender on Wednesday night! You can get good BS deals from Bryce Olsen... I also wouldn't usually recommend cabana's but for surrender I think they are the best spot

Comment

Want to meet up with our group? we are going 9th-14th. I would like to get some people together for BS at XS for Calvin Harris. We are currently 4girls/5guys. 3 of the girls want the seats but arent actually going to drink from bottles they want to order cocktails and stuff from the bar.
      Vegas...my home away from home

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
        Want to meet up with our group? we are going 9th-14th. I would like to get some people together for BS at XS for Calvin Harris. We are currently 4girls/5guys. 3 of the girls want the seats but arent actually going to drink from bottles they want to order cocktails and stuff from the bar.
        Yeah, could def try to meet up at some point, just let me know! We are getting bs with some other members on the forum. I was having a hard time getting a hold of the first host so just contacted a new one yesterday. Plans are not locked in yet so check out this thread

http://forums.jackcolton.com/showthr...-Calvin-Harris

if your interested in joining us. We have 8 right now. Could possibly work something out but XS tables are not cheap, like $250 per person or more. I personally have not been there but really wanna see Calvin Harris!
        noob

Previous trips
        Feb 2007
        Oct 2010
        Next trip Aug 10-17 2012

Is it August yet?!?!

Comment

How long ago did you get your quote for XS? I was quoted last week 2k for 5 people for a great table outside or 3k for the lowest tear table inside (back wall). From my experience at XS you can only see the DJ spin in the first two rows of tables but those are way more expensive 10k plus.

You can go on the XS website and veiw table locations to see what I mean...

But ya we were basically quoted a min of $500 per person to be on the safe side. (quoted by 2 different hosts)

Comment

the bad tables at XS if you want to see the DJ are any ones that are outside by the bar out there just hit up ryan perrings he can hook you up with all the information.

Comment

Hey Liz, I'll be in town with a few friends from Thursday 9/9 for roughly 2 weeks. (Partially for work, unfortunately.) My schedule is pretty flexible though, so maybe we can meet up at some point! I'll message you my number.
              "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Yeah, I got a table for 6 for 2 bottles. I have already come to terms with the fact that it will prob end up being one of the worst tables at XS but I just can't spend $500+ per person. Could possibly do the $3k tables inside if we had like 15 people (I think that would be ~ $300 per person) but we don't so I'm over it. I wanna be on the dance floor when Calvin Harris spins anyway so the table will just be somewhere to stash my stuff and rest my feet when need be (4 inch heals are rough on the feet!). I have never been to XS though, are the cheap patio tables that bad? I did contact Ryan but he seemed busy and had a hard time getting quick response. Heard he moved up and is not as focused on tables so good for him, prob didn't help that I only wanted 2 bottles. Plus we did have more people but they dropped out once they found out how much it would be. Sometimes it's hard conveying what you want via text, especially when plans change.

I think we are meeting up around 8-830 at parasol up/down bar in Wynn if anyone wants to join us for drinks before XS sat night.
                noob

Previous trips
                Feb 2007
                Oct 2010
                Next trip Aug 10-17 2012

Is it August yet?!?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X