09 - 13 aug - aussie bucks party madness - the plan - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

09 - 13 aug - aussie bucks party madness - the plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 - 13 aug - aussie bucks party madness - the plan

Hi All,

Crew - 6x Australian guys, first time in Vegas, ready to let loose... coming for best mates bucks (bachelors) party..

Staying as Cosmopolitan Hotel (suites at the moment, unsure if we want to get a penthouse (currently Cosmo has very limited bed options, ie 3 bed penthouse, has 1x king and 2x twins... which means 5 people, while we need room for 6)... and ideas or help on this one would be appriciated.

Arrive Sat 09 Aug (afternoon)

Fly to LAX Wed 13 Aug (afternoon)

Depart LAX Fri 15 Aug (morning)

PLAN SO FAR (please let me know your thoughts people, it will be very much appriciated.

Saturday night
    Open, going to play it by ear... meet in one of the many bars within Cosmo and start from there

Sunday
    Marquee pool party (grand cabana - 4500 USD current quote)

Sunday night
    XS night swim (cabana - awaiting price confirmations - thoughts ??

Monday
    Bare pool - Cabana / day bed - awaiting price confirmation from Eric Yano

Monday night
    STK Steakhouse (need contact to book table), followed by either Spearmint Rhino or Sapphire (looking to get table... again awaiting info from hosts Angie and Reggie

Tuesday
    skydive las vegas & battlefield vegas.... and Dig This (we are all in construction, so driving backhoe's and bulldozers sounds wicked to us...)

Tuesday night
    Drais yacht club - cabana - (awaiting price confirmation from Myk)

Wednesday
    Private jet to LAX

LAX is open, we have no idea as to which hotel or bars to hit.... any suggestions on this would be much welcomed please....

Thanks for reading guys, and again any info or advice will be very respected.

Cheers

Are you arriving on the Sat straight from Australia? If so I understand why you'd want to (by the sounds of it) take it relatively easy but remember having no real plan for a Sat night in Vegas can be dangerous. Vegas is always crazy any day of the week but for me Friday/Saturdays are next level. Personally I would lock down a couple of solid options, speak to one of the hosts you're currently in contact with to at least organize entry somewhere - you don't want to be standing in a line for hours on a Sat. Light at Mandalay Bay looks incredible - I haven't been yet but everyone here raves on about it.

For XS nightswim look to get a poolside table. I find the cabanas to be too far away from the action.

Comment

5 general tips:
      1. Main tip- always check club lineups/events/who the dj is and compare with other clubs, find what you like! You can do this on there websites or wantickets.com
      2. Most nightclubs open around 11pm with headline dj on at 1am going till around 5am
      3. most pool parties open around 11am with headline dj on at 3pm going till around 6pm.
      4. For tables its usually 1 bottle per group of 4 to start then up from there for better location etc.
      Its important to ask about bottle prices, taxes/tip which run 28%-40% on top depending on the venue, table location
      5. For tables Sunday-Thursday you can usually get bottle specials ex. two vodka choice for $600 etc

specifically for your trip:
      understand Saturday night is probably the biggest crowd night of your trip. So don't just play by ear Saturday night. Also Saturday pool party is a big day- not sure if you will make the mid afternoon or not.
      For Saturday night Kaskade is at marquee, Tiesto at Hakkasan, Steve angello xs
      For Saturday day Hardwell is at wetrepublic not sure if you will make or not.

Anyway you could look at getting a bungalow at cosmo
      A bungalow is directly connected to marquee day club/ nightclub. So that might solve your hotel problem and also help you save some money with tables meaning you don't need tables.
      Kaskade is djing at Marquee 8/9 and he is marquee's biggest name.
      For example you might checkin at 3pm and the day party is still going on then have kaskade saturday night and then have the sunday pool party.

On to sunday night have a look at a table map for xs. the cabana's are a little removed from the action you might be looking for that or you might not. Ask about bottle specials.

Monday pool party will be a lot slower then saturday and sunday- don't get hit with a high min or high bottle prices.

On stripclubs ALL of them do free limo/free entry and are open 24/7 and some do bottle specials before 8/9pm $100 bottles. So you could fit several of them around your pool party/ night club schedule.

In terms of lax have you been before or looking to see the ocean or some sights or? You could always stay in vegas and hit Light nightclub on Wednesday and Hakkasan on Thursday with Tiesto. Both of these might be more of an experience then la- then you could always have your private jet leave vegas at 4am to lax

Comment

Yeah agreed on the above, LA is generally a non event beyond the few hours you'll spend in Hollywood. Santa Monica is pretty nice - but then again this is a bucks! Save the nice places for when you take your partners overseas Also remember that clubs/bars close a whole lot earlier. I think I remember a law where they can't serve alcohol after 2AM. It just dies after that.

I've been to LA twice and I really can't see myself going back - ever - but understanding that you leave in less than 2 weeks and hotels/flights are already booked, my advice:

1. Do a 2-3 hour bus tour of Hollywood. It'll cover everything you need to see and know. In my experiences the tour guides are super funny and engaging and they show you A LOT. I found it really really interesting.

2. I've only been in winter but I imagine the beaches would be heaving this time of year.

3. Keeping up with the wild bucks theme go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. They have more roller coasters in the one park than we have in Australia and they are INSANE.

Comment

Definitely lock in something Saturday night and don't play it by ear. Been there, done that, dumb move unless you just want to bar hop.

You quote Marquee 4500, as an FYI if you don't know already, that does not include tax, auto gratuity, host tip, etc. It'll be close to 6k total all in for that one.

Your host could probably set up the STK dinner for you. I've seen it happen in the past.

To give yourself an idea $$$ wise for Drais punch in the date and scroll around on their website if you haven't already:

http://www.draisnightlife.com/book-table/
          Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

Comment

Hey we (4 girls from Michigan State University) will be at Drai's Tuesday night as well! Excited to check it out! Hope you're still all alive by then!

Comment

Originally posted by kp3205 View Post
              Definitely lock in something Saturday night and don't play it by ear. Been there, done that, dumb move unless you just want to bar hop.

You quote Marquee 4500, as an FYI if you don't know already, that does not include tax, auto gratuity, host tip, etc. It'll be close to 6k total all in for that one.

Your host could probably set up the STK dinner for you. I've seen it happen in the past.

To give yourself an idea $$$ wise for Drais punch in the date and scroll around on their website if you haven't already:

http://www.draisnightlife.com/book-table/

@ artedm and Liroquai;

Not sure whats happened but i wrote both yourselves response a few days ago, but they still have not showed up on here.... message did say "awaiting moderator review" or something like that when i sent it.... (maybe moderators can help with this one)

Anyway.... guys thank you heaps for your advice and input, very much appriciated. You guys have definately helped lock in days and nights.....

So here is the update plan of action...

Sat night (marquee) main floor, prime table for Kaskade - 4k (thank you Cliff Orr)

Sunday (marquee pool party) - grand cabana - 4k (again thanks goes to our man Cliff Orr)

Sunday night (XS night swim) - pool side lounge - (awaiting prices from Eric Chine, any other recommendations ?)

Monday - Bare (awaiting confirmation on cabana from Eric Yano)

Monday night - STK (table for 6, really need help with this one guys... anyone got a contact at STK ?)

Tuesday - Skydiving (again anyone have a contact...) shooting and anything else random....

Tuesday night - Drais night swim - talking to Mike Cossman about either a bungalow or cabana ? suggestions guys ??

If anyone is around at these places during these dates... come on over and say hi...... just look for the dudes with the bright coloured "Team Mad Dog" t-shirts...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post
                Hey we (4 girls from Michigan State University) will be at Drai's Tuesday night as well! Excited to check it out! Hope you're still all alive by then!

Hey hey... thanks for the message.... sounds good, just look for us guys with the bright "Team Mad Dog" t-shirts....

Comment

glad you guys decided to make plans for sat. gotta start the week off right
                  2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

Comment

Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
                    glad you guys decided to make plans for sat. gotta start the week off right
                    cheer bro.. yeah.. its going to be all out balls to the wall... hahahah...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Jinx View Post
                      @ artedm and Liroquai;

Not sure whats happened but i wrote both yourselves response a few days ago, but they still have not showed up on here.... message did say "awaiting moderator review" or something like that when i sent it.... (maybe moderators can help with this one)

Anyway.... guys thank you heaps for your advice and input, very much appriciated. You guys have definately helped lock in days and nights.....

So here is the update plan of action...

Sat night (marquee) main floor, prime table for Kaskade - 4k (thank you Cliff Orr)

Sunday (marquee pool party) - grand cabana - 4k (again thanks goes to our man Cliff Orr)

Sunday night (XS night swim) - pool side lounge - (awaiting prices from Eric Chine, any other recommendations ?)

Monday - Bare (awaiting confirmation on cabana from Eric Yano)

Monday night - STK (table for 6, really need help with this one guys... anyone got a contact at STK ?)

Tuesday - Skydiving (again anyone have a contact...) shooting and anything else random....

Tuesday night - Drais night swim - talking to Mike Cossman about either a bungalow or cabana ? suggestions guys ??

If anyone is around at these places during these dates... come on over and say hi...... just look for the dudes with the bright coloured "Team Mad Dog" t-shirts...

Cheers

UPDATE

8 hrs till we fly... still so much s*t to sort out and pack.... anyone know how many cigarettes can be taken into the US through customs without getting into s*&t ???

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone that posted response, advice, information and just general chit chat... much appriciated, and look forward too see you guys in Vegas and ofcourse back her on JC, when the trip report goes up...

Big Thanks goes to the following hosts, for your swift and informative response and ofcourse helping the plan unfold... look forward to meeting you guys all in Vegas...

Cliff Orr (Marquee night and dayclub), Michael Cossman (Drais Yacht Club), Eric Yano (Bare), Eric Chine (XS Night Swim)

this is going to be stupidly expensive... but also just complete madness....

Cheers guys...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X