Looking for advice for a first timer, not usual Vegas-goer - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Looking for advice for a first timer, not usual Vegas-goer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice for a first timer, not usual Vegas-goer

So I am heading to Vegas in a few months for the first time, coming for an event. Will arrive Wednesday night, leave the following Tuesday afternoon. We've made some plans: Wednesday night we are renting a car and heading to the Grand Canyon - we want to see the stars at night! We got a hotel near the Grand Canyon so we can catch the sunrise and then spend the day checking things out, head back to Vegas in the late afternoon / evening. Thursday and Friday night will be spent in a hotel on the strip, Saturday and Sunday on Fremont St. Monday night is TBA (see below). We want to see the Beatles Grand Cirque, Body by Balls, and do the Big Wheel. Possibly the First Friday art thing, as timing will work. I want to check out the sign graveyard place too. Most of Saturday is taken up by the event that is bringing us to Vegas in the first place. I am considering roadtripping it to Arizona to see a friend on Sunday while my friends ATV in the desert, although I am not too keen on a 5hr one way solo trip on unfamiliar roads..

So here is the kicker - I don't drink much (one is plenty), I don't really gamble, and I don't 'go clubbing' (I am in a happily committed relationship so I'm not interested in hook ups haha)...Any suggestions for things to do? I'm looking for things Vegas locals might know that tourists don't.

Finally, the last day I will be there - Monday into Tuesday I will be alone. My friends all fly out Monday but it was substantially cheaper for me to fly out Tuesday, so here we are. Any recommendations for things that are nice to do alone? Any place that I NEED TO AVOID because it is unsafe for someone alone?

TL;DR Looking for fun Vegas happenings that aren't the usual gamblings or drunken hookups

If you are into hiking I would check out Red Rocks west of the strip. Beautiful area. IF you are into food, you're headed to one of the restaurant capitals of the world.
    Honestly, you might have better luck in the TripAdvisor forums and reading through their guides, as this forum is specifically geared towards pool parties and nightclubs, with a very small side into restaurants and activities.

Comment

some background:
      vegas used to be one of the only places in the USA where you could gamble legally
      this advantage has went away over the years as gambling has spread
      one of vegas only gambling advantages is sports gambling which it might also lose this summer
      realizing this the city has moved to non-gaming attractions
      think concerts, nightclubs, pool parties, shows, sports, restaurants- celine dion, britney spears, cirque shows,celebrity chefs, nhl hockey team and nfl team in 2020. Nascar races, the festival EDC Vegas. Smith center broadway shows
      that said vegas is a 24/7 city with the major nights being friday and saturday.
      nightclubs open around 11pm with headline dj on around 1am open till around 5am
      pool parties open around 11am with headline dj on around 3pm open till around 6pm.

in terms of local things your talking off the strip?
      realize vegas has lot of gimmicks to spend money- resort fees, paid parking
      you can play the free mgm game "myvegas" facebook and cell phone game to earn free show tickets

Comment

yeah.. go see some shows... freemont st experience, catch an NHL game if its still going

Comment

If you want a good but pricey dinner, I recommend Prime and request for a table on the fountains of Bellagio, I had a lot of fun when I went. For a show Le Reve at the Wynn is my favorite. The high roller is cool to go on at night, big Ferris wheel at the Linq. At the chandelier bar at Cosmo, they have a special drink that isn't on the menu (like ~$15) and it has this little flower in it and numbs your mouth, cool experience. I like getting a cabana or daybed at a pool for the morning/afternoon depending on what hotel you are staying at. Venetian, Caesars, Bellagio, Aria, Wynn are my top 5 for pools. Mandalay bay is also pretty cool too. There are some rides at the Stratosphere that you can go on. I can keep going on as there is so much to do that isnt gambling/drinking related. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Aobourn View Post
            If you want a good but pricey dinner, I recommend Prime and request for a table on the fountains of Bellagio, I had a lot of fun when I went. For a show Le Reve at the Wynn is my favorite. The high roller is cool to go on at night, big Ferris wheel at the Linq. At the chandelier bar at Cosmo, they have a special drink that isn't on the menu (like ~$15) and it has this little flower in it and numbs your mouth, cool experience. I like getting a cabana or daybed at a pool for the morning/afternoon depending on what hotel you are staying at. Venetian, Caesars, Bellagio, Aria, Wynn are my top 5 for pools. Mandalay bay is also pretty cool too. There are some rides at the Stratosphere that you can go on. I can keep going on as there is so much to do that isnt gambling/drinking related. Hope this helps.
            Thanks so much! I really do want to do a cabana, but damn! they are expensive haha! I love your ideas, thanks!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• fionakim888
              Buy Real Driver License
              fionakim888
              We offer real and fake passport, driver license, id cards, birth certificates, diplomas, visas , SSN etc.
              We also erase your bad records from the...
              Yesterday, 07:21 AM
            • DAlex111
              Reply to
              DAlex111
              just me, 1m
              03-26-2024, 10:49 AM
            • SpykeYs
              SpykeYs
              How many people ? The table was 8K+FEES+TIP+TX.
              03-25-2024, 07:28 AM
            Working...
            X