Question about table splits - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Question about table splits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about table splits

For anyone who has met up on here and split a table with another group how did you work out splitting the bill, bottles and such? Did they let you do separate tabs or did you just split it down the middle and not worry about it?

Collect cash from all parties up front. Otherwise, someone is inevitably left holding the bag...

Settle the bill immediately, or work with your server to ensure you are the only one who can approve the order (more shots, bottles, etc).

Comment

If I were organizing a group of acquaintances or even strangers here's what I would do...
      1) Get firm commitments from everyone on or before a specified date, along with cell numbers of everyone in the party.
      2) Meet in person the night before or afternoon of. This is more for groups that haven't met yet. This makes the outing more personal and less chance of people bailing last minute. Have a drink, finalize exact total you will need from each person and what that money is going toward. If necessary, decide on bottle/mixer order, tip, etc. to get an EXACT total. Confirm with everyone this agreed upon total.
      3) Collect cash before walking into club. Tip host. Order bottles and tell the waitress that you want to settle the bill right away and pay in cash. Most won't have a problem with this. Or you can pay with your credit card, earn the points and use the cash to pay the balance when you get home. Let the waitress know that after the initial bill is settled, your party can order additional drinks that will be paid for as we go.

Boom. No one gets screwed. Everyone has a good time.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Exactly like Rayday says! I've done this exact thing in the past and it works great! Good luck! When are you going?

Comment

Gonna be there from Thursday to Sunday the weekend of the mayweather fight. We don't mind droping money but the minimums that weekend seem out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Savs View Post
              Gonna be there from Thursday to Sunday the weekend of the mayweather fight. We don't mind droping money but the minimums that weekend seem out of control.
              I was quoted 3k min for Omnia 5/2, what are you getting quoted?

Comment

Originally posted by betas2000 View Post
                I was quoted 3k min for Omnia 5/2, what are you getting quoted?
                If that is your quote for Omnia the weekend of the Mayweather fight you need to do everything in your power to lock that price in. That is INCREDIBLY low for one of the biggest weekends ever in Vegas. Also don't be surprised if that minimum gets raised the closer to fight weekend based off demand. There will be no shortage of money in town that weekend and inevitably people get bumped on fight weekends. Just a heads up...
                "If you have to ask you probably can't do it"

Tropicana 2007 Don't Judge me I was a Newbie
                Palms 2009
                MGM 2009
                Caesars 2011
                Sky Lofts 2011
                Palms Place 2012
                Planet Hollywood 2012
                Hard Rock 2012
                Palms Place 2014 April 23rd- May 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn Marc View Post
                  If that is your quote for Omnia the weekend of the Mayweather fight you need to do everything in your power to lock that price in. That is INCREDIBLY low for one of the biggest weekends ever in Vegas. Also don't be surprised if that minimum gets raised the closer to fight weekend based off demand. There will be no shortage of money in town that weekend and inevitably people get bumped on fight weekends. Just a heads up...
                  I agree. And there have been stories of ppl getting a price and then being very taken aback by a price increase when they arrive. Lock in that price with the venue; save the email and call right before and let them know you will hold them to that price.

Comment

yupp i remeber going to Marquee with a table reservation for the HIP HOP room, when we arrived they told us that Chris Paul & his entourage bought the section, they ended up accommodating us on the patio for the same minimum...I wouldn't trust table reservations for this weekend unless you have a good relationship with the host or are giving a hell of a handshake.

Comment

Similar to what has been said already but when I organize a split with strangers, I always have everyone meet at lobby bar about an hour before we go in after confirming earlier in the day that they will show up. It usually ends up that someone is late, an hour gives you a good cushion. It also gives you a little time to figure out plan b if some people don't show. That has actually only happened me once in at least 10 of these. The host was kind enough to lower our min spend because I let him know it was possible that this could happen a bit earlier in the day.

At a lobby bar, everyone gets to know each other a bit in a place where you can talk without yelling or talking directly into their ear.

If I organized I lay out exactly the price I was quoted plus the tips we plan to make and collect the cash. Doing it outside is also the added benefit of being able to get change if needed. Once inside I recommend paying all in cash that way you guarantee no one buys anything with your card and you aren't walking around drunk with a huge pile of cash.

Honestly I've met some really cool people and I highly recommend it the bottle service meetup if you have never tried it.
                      Vegas Trip count: 32

Comment

We had a split arranged by one of our hosts on here and because there was just two of us paying for each of the two groups we just handled it separately on each of our cards at the beginning and let the waitress know that we were the only ones who could authorize additional bottles. Worked out well and ended up in a better location and met some great people. It helped that the host knew each of us individually beforehand and knew we were both straight up so there wouldn't be any issues. Didn't hurt that our host partied with both of our groups previously and that night as well.
                        Supporting Vegas annually for over a decade.
                        Jet(1 Oak), XS, Pure, Bank, Hakkasan, Light, Tryst, Chateau, Haze, Omnia, Marquee, Wet Republic, Liquid, DayLight, Bare, Drais' Beach....so far.
                        2015 trips - March 11th to 17th & April 5th to 14th.

Comment

Very good relationship with host, he did mention that for that night it will be more like 6k-7k minimum if you show up trying to get a table! I'm still trying to figure out where to seat the night, main roon, heart of Omnia or patio?????

Comment

Very good tips in this thread. I have split countless times and put together some awesome tables, the dance floor one I had at hakkasan was insane...definitely couldn't have pulled that off without help from other clubgoers with the same end goal. I am from the new York city area and have been trying to meet people there to split as well. Been posting on here for Vegas and tried bottlesplit.com a few times too. It takes some effort but its worth it when you are in the center of the action

Comment

My host that I've worked with at Hakkasan in the past told me for my group of 5 guys on fight night (5/2), it would be starting at $3k for the terrace at Omnia. Mezzanine in the main room, we would be looking anywhere from $6k-$7500.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X