May 3rd to May 5th... First trip to Vegas! - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

May 3rd to May 5th... First trip to Vegas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 3rd to May 5th... First trip to Vegas!

    I'm 28, finally making my first trip to Vegas (I know, it's bad), going with a buddy of mine and looking to make this trip as memorable/epic as possible... If there are any cool girls/guys who will be out there that weekend who are looking to party, hit me up.

    The two of us want to do bottle service both nights, I'm not too concerned with the costs, curious to hear what people suggest we should hit up the 2 nights we're there... Every club sounds great. I'm from Chicago where I typically ignore the club scene here, because it's pretty god awful, except for a few here and there... But its my first time in Vegas, I want to make this trip one to remember (well, likely won't remember, but you get the point, haha), just want to know which places I should be hitting up.

    Thanks

    ~John

  • #2
    3 May - Steve Angello @ XS or Tiesto @ Hakkasan
    4 May - Avicii @ XS or Calvin Harris @ Hakkasan or Kaskade @ Marquee

    If you like hiphop/top 40 over electronic music, then 3 May - 1OAK and 4 May - Jermaine Dupri @ Tryst
    EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ocam View Post
      3 May - Steve Angello @ XS or Tiesto @ Hakkasan
      4 May - Avicii @ XS or Calvin Harris @ Hakkasan or Kaskade @ Marquee

      If you like hiphop/top 40 over electronic music, then 3 May - 1OAK and 4 May - Jermaine Dupri @ Tryst
      Thanks, I will definitely look into those... Question, is it necessary to contact clubs prior to attending them to reserve a table? I would hate to be locked into something before even getting to vegas, ya know?

      Comment


      • #4
        Also, should I speak to a VIP host at the bars I'm considering prior to showing up? Is it better to you a outside service or to go directly to the bar to chat? Thanks!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jhnny7716 View Post
          Also, should I speak to a VIP host at the bars I'm considering prior to showing up? Is it better to you a outside service or to go directly to the bar to chat? Thanks!
          If you want to get bottle service, you should definitely arrange this in advance of showing up. For your dates, I would start contacting hosts now. Which places are you interested in? I can give you some contacts to get in touch with.
          EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

          Comment


          • #6
            Honestly, I really don't know where to start (knowing that I've never been to Vegas before)... I'm thinking of 1OAK, Tao, XS, Lavo, Tryst... Not really sure, I like hip hop/top 40 more than house/electric, so I'm leaning towards 1OAK and Tryst...

            It's only me and my friend now, but we have no problem getting 2-3 bottles (or more) if it means getting a table and not being rushed... I want to avoid the bottle rats at all costs (meaning paying off bouncers a little more), just want to hangout with REAL people who are all on the same page to have a great time and not out just to take advantage of others... I can sniff BS out pretty well, so I'm not too concerned, just find it annoying at times...

            Comment


            • #7
              Well if that's your music preference, then do 1OAK Friday and Tryst Saturday
              EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

              Comment


              • #8
                Honestly, I'll go where the party is, I can have a good time with dance music too. Just so many choices and so little time

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ocam- maybe you can lend a little clarity here, because maybe I'm reading this wrong (or understanding it wrong), but when you reserve a table at a club do you pay for the table and the bottles too? Or is the reservation a guarantee that you will buy x amount of bottles when there? First time in Vegas, not sure if its different than Chicago where I do bottle service and the bottles Im buying is like my table reservation, where I don't pay anything more...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jhnny7716 View Post
                    Ocam- maybe you can lend a little clarity here, because maybe I'm reading this wrong (or understanding it wrong), but when you reserve a table at a club do you pay for the table and the bottles too? Or is the reservation a guarantee that you will buy x amount of bottles when there? First time in Vegas, not sure if its different than Chicago where I do bottle service and the bottles Im buying is like my table reservation, where I don't pay anything more...
                    You do not pay for the table in addition to the bottles. Basically, your minimum is "beverage credit". So with a $1k min you can buy $1k (or more) of drinks. However, even if you don't buy a single bottle of water (or e.g. only $800 worth of drinks), you will be charged $1k
                    EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ahhhh okay, now I get it... Is that the same for the day pool parties at EBC, Wet Republic, etc.??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yo, Im from chicago also, I'll be there that weekend... I arrive on thursday and leave on Monday. Thursday I'll be at Haze and Friday at Tao and Saturday trying to hit up Marquee after the fight. Sunday Encore beach club. I'll be staying at the Encore. This is like my 12th time there.
                        Feb 21st - Feb 24th 08 MGM
                        May 1st - May 4th 08' MGM
                        Nov 6th - Nov 9th 08' The Hotel
                        April 30th - May 4th 09'Encore
                        Jan 6th - Jan 9th 10'Vdara
                        April 29th - May 3rd 10'Encore
                        January 4th - Jan 8th 11'The Cosmo
                        August 4th - August 8th 11'The Cosmo
                        May 2nd - May 7th 12'The Cosmo
                        August 4th - 8th 12' Encore
                        August 17th -20th 12'The Palms
                        NYE 2012
                        May 2nd- 6th 13' Encore
                        September 12 - 15 13' Palazzo
                        June 26- 30 14' The Cosmo
                        Halloween 14
                        NYE 15
                        "May 22-26"15' Palazzo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jhnny7716 View Post
                          Ahhhh okay, now I get it... Is that the same for the day pool parties at EBC, Wet Republic, etc.??
                          Yep
                          EastCoast: "I will preach. Vegas is easy. So easy. Either be rich or good looking (or mooch off someone who is one of those). If you are neither, then sit back, let the rich and/or good looking people sort their shit out, and then take their scraps. Booking early is not going to get you ahead of the rich and/or good looking people. Sucks unless you are rich or good looking. But that's what makes Vegas so great. It is completely transparent."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by angel504 View Post
                            Yo, Im from chicago also, I'll be there that weekend... I arrive on thursday and leave on Monday. Thursday I'll be at Haze and Friday at Tao and Saturday trying to hit up Marquee after the fight. Sunday Encore beach club. I'll be staying at the Encore. This is like my 12th time there.
                            I spoke to Joey Orr, I'm doing 1OAK on Friday, but haven't made plans for Saturday yet... He mentioned he could help me with getting a table at Haze, Marquee, Hakkasan, so I was considering one of those for bottle service.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jhnny7716 View Post
                              Originally posted by angel504 View Post
                              Yo, Im from chicago also, I'll be there that weekend... I arrive on thursday and leave on Monday. Thursday I'll be at Haze and Friday at Tao and Saturday trying to hit up Marquee after the fight. Sunday Encore beach club. I'll be staying at the Encore. This is like my 12th time there.
                              I spoke to Joey Orr, I'm doing 1OAK on Friday, but haven't made plans for Saturday yet... He mentioned he could help me with getting a table at Haze, Marquee, Hakkasan, so I was considering one of those for bottle service.
                              1OAK is cool I was there last year I had a good time place is kinda small though. If you go to Marquee on saturday you'll have a great time one of the best nighclubs also, that saturday night kaskade will be there. If you're trying to do hip hop LIL JON is at Surrender on Saturday and Jermaine Dupree is at Tryst. If you any need help with splitting bottles on Saturday let me know. Are you hitting up any pool parties?.
                              Feb 21st - Feb 24th 08 MGM
                              May 1st - May 4th 08' MGM
                              Nov 6th - Nov 9th 08' The Hotel
                              April 30th - May 4th 09'Encore
                              Jan 6th - Jan 9th 10'Vdara
                              April 29th - May 3rd 10'Encore
                              January 4th - Jan 8th 11'The Cosmo
                              August 4th - August 8th 11'The Cosmo
                              May 2nd - May 7th 12'The Cosmo
                              August 4th - 8th 12' Encore
                              August 17th -20th 12'The Palms
                              NYE 2012
                              May 2nd- 6th 13' Encore
                              September 12 - 15 13' Palazzo
                              June 26- 30 14' The Cosmo
                              Halloween 14
                              NYE 15
                              "May 22-26"15' Palazzo

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X