Heading to Tampa - Best nightlife spots? Orland advice welcome as well. - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Heading to Tampa - Best nightlife spots? Orland advice welcome as well.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heading to Tampa - Best nightlife spots? Orland advice welcome as well.

    Hey all,

    Well, I haven't gotten to take a vacation in a while so I've been gone from this forum. But I'm making a trip down to Tampa for NYE/Outback Bowl. I'll be there Tuesday December 31 through Sunday January 5, but might switch it up and hop over to Orlando for Thursday–Sunday.

    So here are my questions:
    *What is the absolute must-do for NYE?
    *What other good nightlife spots should I check out in Tampa?
    *Does Tampa deserve more than two nights, or should I spend a couple in Orlando while I'm there?
    *If Orlando makes sense (the lady wants to hit Disney or Universal for a day), where should we go at night?

    Thanks in advance guys and gals!
    Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

  • #2
    Ybor City has really picked up again. Multiple clubs there. Club Prana is a 5 story club with a rooftop patio.

    Channelside is a pretty popular area in Tampa. Went to Aja which is more set up in a lounge type setting with an outside patio. Not sure if they will be doing fireworks at either.

    Definitely go to Orlando as Tampa is extremely limited plus the lady has expressed to go so I would say bolt over there Thursday. Church Street area has bars and clubs. Not sure since it's been a few years since I visited Pleasure Island on the Disney properties and Universal has a city walk area with a club I believe still.

    Orlando=Disney pretty much, plain and simple.
    Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kp3205 View Post
      Ybor City has really picked up again. Multiple clubs there. Club Prana is a 5 story club with a rooftop patio.

      Channelside is a pretty popular area in Tampa. Went to Aja which is more set up in a lounge type setting with an outside patio. Not sure if they will be doing fireworks at either.

      Definitely go to Orlando as Tampa is extremely limited plus the lady has expressed to go so I would say bolt over there Thursday. Church Street area has bars and clubs. Not sure since it's been a few years since I visited Pleasure Island on the Disney properties and Universal has a city walk area with a club I believe still.

      Orlando=Disney pretty much, plain and simple.
      Awesome, thanks. We'll plan on doing Ybor for NYE and either go back there on the 1st or hit Channelside and Aja if the weather is good.

      I'll have to look into Orlando. Train tickets are like $12/person though, so we might as well!
      Next Trip: October 28-31, 2016

      Comment


      • #4
        I live in Tampa, and the nightlife scene is nothing like Vegas, so I don't go out often here.

        Check out www.whatshappeningtampa.com

        I hear that Jackson's is one of the places to be. You could always do the Outback Bowl parade at Ybor, then head over to Jackson's later. Also, Hogan's beach (yes, Hulk Hogan's place), is supposed to be really good as well. Both a restaurant and night club. Bottle service is much less expensive than Vegas, although not sure about NYE.

        Also, Hard Rock Cafe/Casino might have specials too. They usually have a West Coast toast and stay open late. Hard Rock is my usual place to party, everything in one place, gambling, food and music.

        Have fun and happy new year.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was in Orlando about a month ago for meetings. Hit City Walk at Universal one night. There is a club there but nobody was outside, didn't go inside. I think it was a Thursday night in all fairness. Hard Rock at Universal is pretty cool, we barhopped a little and had a good time.
          Like all great travelers, I've seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

          Nightclub Floorplans

          Nightclub Menus

          Comment

          Latest Topics

          Collapse

          There are no results that meet this criteria.

          Working...
          X