Spring Break Advice - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Spring Break Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring Break Advice

    Hi all, I'm not a regular on the forum, only joined when I was in Vegas back in July for the McGregor v Mendes fight, among the Irish crowds!
    I'm aged 22, as are my friends. Can someone just decide for us, as we don't know obviously not being from the US but - Vegas, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale. Panama City Beach. Daytona Beach, Cancun (not keen on going here). Heard a few others south of USA as well.
    Here's my assumptions from reading so far- Cancun is popular, but I hear it's the girl/guy ratio is terrible, a sausage fest?! Plus the flights are dear from here in Ireland. Vegas - I've been, but it isn't warm? & not all pools open? PCB- this would be my no.1 choice I hear it's crazy, but have to fly into Atlanta and drive down or something like that? Seems hard to get to. Daytona/fort lauderdale- not sure on these, I hear they're not what they were? Miami South Beach - seemed really expensive when I was there, too expensive for college crowd?
    We like the party atmosphere and good weather, and would be drinking a lot. We want to go and mix with the American girls, in Vegas in July what I learned was when paying into Hakkasan etc unless you had a table or you "were someone" they weren't interested! Any help is appreciated :-)
    I'd be more than happy to go back to Vegas but the weather just doesn't sound appealing! But if the party there would be better than anywhere else id consider it.
    We are thinking of going any time from 15th March onwards - 1st week April.

  • #2
    Pools open in March and by the end of March, 1st week of April Vegas weather should be fine. Right now most of the spring break dates are starting on the Saturdays of March 5th and 12th. http://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

    I live in Florida so a little info:

    Panama City does have an airport and Delta, Southwest and United do fly into that airport. If you come into Atlanta you can get a flight to there or fly into Mobile, Alabama and get a rental car to drive to PC which takes about 3 hours. If you fly into Jacksonville, FL it would take just about 4 hours to get there as all you have to do is jump on I-10 here in Jax and go west all the way to Panama City. Don't bother with Orlando or Tampa to go to PC as you have to go north and then west which runs about 6.5 to 7 hours to get there.

    Atlanta to Panama City is between 4.5 to 5.5 hours depending on traffic coming out and into Atlanta. Most of the trip is on I-75.

    Daytona you just fly into Orlando International and it is an hour on I-4 east to Daytona if you rent a car or there are shuttles that go to and from the airport to Daytona. Ft.Lauderdale has an airport or fly into Miami and rent a car to go 40 minutes north to Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure regarding shuttles down there.

    Personally, Vegas hands down first because it's Vegas. PC 2nd though it's been a number of years for me but 2 of my nephews have done it twice in the last 4 years and swear by it. I'm meh about Daytona and Lauderdale

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kp3205; 02-15-2016, 06:29 AM.
    Happily sponsoring the Las Vegas economy since July 1996

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been Spring Break in Vegas, Cancun a few times, Cabo and Miami

      Cancun: Real Spring Break. As in huge crowds, beach parties, crazy nights etc. However youre right in the ratio situation. I first went in 2010 and it was great. 2011 was a cock fest though. The key when going SB in Cancun is picking the right hotel as you go out with your hotel group and you simply cannot get into other hotels to go back with girls etc, the security in Cancun during SB is like fort knox so the only action youre getting is with chicks in your hotel.

      Key here is not to pick the "popular" ones like Krystal or Oasis, or Riu. These are all full of guys who automatically think most popular = best. You go there and youre faced with a 9/1 ratio.

      Pick a hotel thats not necessarily the most popular but still great, like Gran Caribe and you are laughing. If you want the proper real deal spring break its Cancun.

      Miami is not spring break. Its Ultra in March aswell and its a crazy busy month for the whole of the US going to Miami in March. You get breakers there but there are in the minority. Also you're looking at costs around 50% higher than vegas and just forget about getting into clubs in groups bigger than 3 unless you have chicks with you.

      Vegas also is not big Spring Break in my eyes. The age drops a little but still much more the normal Vegas crowd. That being older.

      Cabo is good, ratio is better. More ASU kids and Cali kids down there. Smaller but still good fun.

      Panama City I hear is good. Its cheaper and alot of breakers go there cos its easy and cheap to get to. Doesnt look as good as an overseas trip in my eyes though.

      Daytona Beach has had its day. Avoid. Ditto Ft Lauderdale.

      If I were you i'd look at Nassau in the Bahamas and Punta Cana if youre worried bout ratios. If you want real deal spring break go to Cancun and be selective over your hotel choice. Its fucking peanuts aswell. Im talking 50 bucks for a table in the middle of the club with bottle service all night.

      Cancun is great fun, alot better than the rest. Your problem is the proliferation of UK people going there for SB. Its full of twats from essex etc that ruin the vibe cos they're so cliquey and used to holidays to Ibiza and Magaluf.

      Comment

      Latest Topics

      Collapse

      There are no results that meet this criteria.

      Working...
      X