Experience bringing a DSLR camera into a venue - Las Vegas Nightclubs - Message Board, Forum & Trip Reports

Experience bringing a DSLR camera into a venue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Experience bringing a DSLR camera into a venue

    As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone has had any positive experience bringing a DSLR into any of the venues in Vegas. I'm mostly interested in pool parties and night clubs. My understanding is that you can't bring a DSLR into any of the venues but if anyone can share an experience that contradicts that please share.

    I'm interested in getting some really good videos the next time I'm in Vegas and making an 'after movie' showcasing the craziness that ensues on a typical Vegas trip.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    If I ever see a dude pointing his DSLR at me at a club, I'd smash his camera. What happens in Vegas should not be recorded digitally by strangers.

    Would imagine it's a big no no. Never seen anyone with a DSLR. There are paid photographers that scout the tables and they ask your permission before they take photos of you and your crew. I've seen a few people with GoPros, and even then I've seen people get into arguments cause they didn't want to be recorded.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd think that would be a no no. phone camer's and go pros are about the best camera you could bring in.
      2011: Palazzo | Tao | Moon

      2014: Venetian | Tao | Hak | EBC | XS

      2015: Cromwell | Drai's | Palazzo | Tryst | XS | Omnia | Nightswim

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't have a DSLR, but it's an actual camera I carry in a soft case. It's larger than "pocket size" - it won't fit in a pocket at all and I either clip it on a belt loop or carry it. I've had no issues getting into Vegas clubs/pools with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          people should enjoy things for the moment, nothing more annoying then the knob head who stands there filming a 2 hour dj set

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Maxsdad

            I suspect that any violent attack like that is an even BIGGER "no no" and would likely get you banned for life from a club, not to mention about 5 Nevada felony assault charges you'd be facing (give or take a couple). And if you're worried about someone with a DSLR, you should be more worried about 5000 people with a hi-def lo-lite LG4 or Samsung Galaxy S6 that can shoot an entire movie of you without you even knowing it. But by being in a public club (that's KNOWN for celebrity selfies), you've granted what's called "implied consent" to be photographed. Club photographers ask your permission so they can use them in commercial or promotional manners. Try ASKING them not to take your photo... but the minute you start a fight, EVERYONE'S going to be taking (and posting) photos of you.

            You must be fun at parties.

            Comment

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            There are no results that meet this criteria.

            Working...
            X